Ricky Bobby's - Soil - T5 - Sativa - SOG - First Journal

Last night I ditched five of the seven sickly looking seedlings. They never developed a viable root structure after the drying out they suffered early on. I have thousands of seeds so I wasn't concerned with losing seeds but time on the other hand, that's a week or two lost. No biggie but I have an undying need to be as efficient as possible in every aspect of life and it grinds my gears when my own mistakes cost me that efficiency.

But... Sit back... Blow some smoke.... Swig some Apple pie.... Whew ok

My old moms in five gallon buckets are probably 8 months old. They have given up dozens of clones each. They are starting to show some deficiencies and I'm sure massivly rootbound so I have decided I'm going to flower them out under the LED. And make room for new moms.

This weekend I will trim the roots and put in some fresh soil and put them in 12\12 and let them gals do their thing. They were both Monster crop plants so we will see what they do.

Gotta actually do my real job now for a few minutes.

Lol pics of the mums under the LED to come. U can see a little of them in the veg box here...
1016150712f.jpg

That's sucks you had to ditch 5 ladies!!:sorry:

My blood was boiling when I had to get rid of 2 out of 3 Critical Kush ladies after I saw them cross dressing especially since I'm not doing a perpetual grow and I've read great things about the CK's.

I bet those mothers are going to make a ton of serious colas!! Can't wait to see them before harvest.

Keep it Green, Lick

It is frustrating to have to ditch any. Unfortunately it was my fault too. I ditched 8 more yesterday from clones I was testing to see if rooting hormone actually did anything or if it was just chalk in a can that I was paying way too much money for. Turns out, it does actually help a lot. With rooting powder I have 90+% success rate with clones rooting. Took about twenty without any rooting powder and I think I have five that are still left that did root but even those don't look the best. But I got new clones on re flowering table and some seeds in soil in the veg box to get sprouted.

It also seems and, may be related to my poor rooting of those non powdered clones, that the plants hate having that layer of perlite on top of the soil. I've had lots of trouble and slow growth and poor yields since I started doing that. Since that is the only thing that changed in my set up I am pointing towards that causing the issues. I had read that sand or perlite on top of the soil can cause issues with air moving throuout the rootsproperly and that certainly seemed to be the case. So I removed all the perlite from the pots, pulled some out and gave fresh soil in bottom and then new fresh layer of soil where he perlite was. We will see what happens there. I have only seen one gnat in two weeks so I think I have them under control for now. Pics to come of that. For now Pics of moms...

They got roots trimmed and a bunch of fresh super soil(as close as I can get at least) and time to let them shine.

Side note I picked up a light, ph, and moisture meter. The led buried the needle on light meter. T5ho got it about 90% on the light meter. If these flower well I may be switching to all led gradually.

1025151620.jpg
1025151620a.jpg
1025151620b.jpg
1025151621.jpg
1025151622.jpg
1025151622a.jpg

Thanks BW! I started out growing sog all from seeds. All seeds from the same plant. Some of those seeds are big yeilders and some are light. These particular moms producegood smoke but lighter yields than I would like. So I am starting with some new seeds from tr same batch to see if I can get one of those heavier yielders as a mom.

I'd love to get some good known seeds from a seed bank but I just don't have anywhere to send them to and wouldn't want to send them to the same location as the grow. Luckily these gals are pretty good as is. It I know there is better out there

Yea man I can't wait to see what they do under the LED! I'm going to tie down some of the taller ones and spread them out a little but I think my goal will be about 2oz each.I know the strain isn't a major producer but it is killer potency and that would make me happy! I feel they are going to get unruly quick

Unfortunatly where I live there are not clones. someday man someday.

Hey Mr A. Pop a squat and watch em grow. Glad to have ya!

Everyone's favorite part... Pictures!
1026151912a.jpg
1026151912c.jpg
1026151913a.jpg
1026151913b.jpg
1026151913c.jpg
1026151913f.jpg
1026151914b.jpg
1026151914a.jpg

And a litre more on my current set up. Six t5 fixtures. 2 bulbs each. Wired three per plug so I can run 6 or 12 bulbs at a time. Screwed them to 2 x4 and hung with slide straps.

Home made carbon scrubber. Works amazingly. Cheap 4 inch inline fan from zon.

2 liters on table. Edges in 2 x 2 and plywood bottom. Three coats of fiber glass resin and then several coats of poly to make sure it's water proof. Drilled into the end that is sloped down and silicone a tube in. I water everything to run off and some and it drains out the end into a bucket that gets dumped. Still come behind with a towel and wipe it down to make sure there is no access moisture.

1026151913h.jpg
1026151917b.jpg
1026151917c.jpg
1026151917a.jpg
1026151916a.jpg
1026151916.jpg
1026151917.jpg
1026151916b.jpg

Two timers. One for flower lights. One for veg box. One outlet for fans always running. My high tech drying system, clothes hangers and paper clips to hold the drying plants.

Got the old moms tied down some. Will give them a few days and tie more as needed. They are shooting up already and only been under the LED for couple days.

Busy busy! Thanks guys! Idea is the have 12 on the right come out every two weeks. Then everyone gets moved to the right and 12 clones come out of the veg box and placed on the left and then 12 new clones are cut and put in the veg box for two weeks. If I ever get it going well should be a constant wave from left to right. So far I've been experimenting and scrwing things up. Experiments done for the moment. Time to let em grow.

Need some advice guys!

I've been shopping. I am for sure adding one more led pannel at minimum so that I can hang the 300w back on the SOG and then new one for the flowering moms.

I think I have it narrowed down to either mars 2 400 or mars reflector 96.

Here is my issue, the M2 400w is a
$190, has 80 diodes 5w each, actual power consumption is ~190. Est footprint 2.5x2.5 for 6.25 sqft.

M Ref 96 is $174, has96 diodes, 5w each. Mars website claimed they are the same diodes used in M2 series . est power consumption of 205w. Footprint of 2 x 3 for 6sqft.

Now I'm not squabbling over the $16, that's not the issue. My issue is how in the reflector supposedly have the same diodes, and 16 more of them, more power, and have a lower price and smaller footprint? Is there some downgrade to the reflector series that I am overlooking?

Confusing aint it mate... Im not sure why the difference either... Maybe diwn to how much each chip is being " driven"....

Might be best to ask sara and the other LED growers, over on the mars hydro thread...

Answers come quick normally.....

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hopefully this link works for ya....

Im contemplating all the variables in the LED lighting myself.... Makes my head hurt !!! :winkyface::winkyface:

Lol damned right. A lot of info to decipher. I've been in contact with Sara through pm before and have asked if she would care to stop into this journal to respond. She is very nice and helpful so I hope sure will pop in here real quick when she has a moment.

Then I will ask on that other thread if not.

One thing I did find on the eBay pannels is they do not have any IR diodes so that is a missing spectrum and I believe they are the original ones that people said caused plants to consume cal-mag like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom