Ricky Bobby's - Soil - T5 - Sativa - SOG - First Journal

Happy days... New electric install all sorted..... Im lost on that stuff, i can change a plug.... Thats it !!!

Got a electric shock from mains when i was teenager, that put me right off :oops:

Your install looks to be alot safer now, load wise...

Loving the staggered sea of green, they have come on loads. Nice n green too..

I trust all is well in talladega ?? :rofl::rofl::passitleft:

Thanks BW! All is grand in Talladega lol! I feel better about the electric now! I luckily have some training on it to run my own simple circuits. I want to learn how to install a three way switches and some other more complicated stuff but that's a while off.

The New plants are taking off like crazy. Pics to come. The t5 rig will have to be raised soon.

New mars LED pannel to arrive thursday! Whoohoo

1031151420a.jpg

Got the boxes in. Forgot a blank plate. Just gotta grab one tmr.

:goodjob: Better to learn the importance of a j-box from an old nag like me then the alternative way.
Your Sea of Green is looking nice. I actually contemplated a SOG method till I read the state laws for Oregon. Instead of a Sea of Green it would be more like a VSPOG. Just wondering if they are going to be passing any laws here in Oregon that restrict the number of cans of beer I am allowed per household any time soon like they do with MJ?

VSPOG = Very Small Puddle of Green

Yes always good to learn from other lessons than to learn them the hard way your self! Limiting the number of plants does suck. That's where SCROG is really useful for sure. I will be going to a two screen , 4 plants each in huge pots eventually. 4 plants in flower while the other 4 veg. Flip back and forth.

Yea BW I hate the anticipation of something coming in the mail. Just want to call them and say I'll meet u half way just pull over on the side of the highway lol.

Hey Ricky looking good brother. Love the boxes I think my room is safe but I'd like to make it safer. I'm a worrier u see I worry about things. Weel be half hour into a drive and ill turn back to make sure she turned the iron off even though she's sure she did u get me lol

The big grey cable does that link strate into your main fuse panel for house or just a wall socket but it's safer because the cable can handle more load than extensions??

Haha OG I see you made it over to Duggan s journal!i want to do some huge pots so bad! I kicking around the idea of putting ply wood and castors on the bottom of a 30 gallon Rubbermaid bin and putting it where my two moms are flowering after they are done. Letting two clones or seeds veg in 5 gallon buckets in the veg box then transplant to the 30 gal and put into flower... Very tempting. I have a drain in my basement that I could roll the big pot to water it and let run off down the floor drain/flood drain.too many ideas and not enough space lol.

Hey cali! Thanks man! My ole lady is a worrier too haha. I went through some pretty bad stuff a while back and really hard times basically was better off dead and recovered and back in great place now and I don't worry about anything any more. I'm all about being safe but I just simply do not worry. Life's too short to worry. As long as me and my family are ok and have our health both in else much matters. I struggle with a little OCD sometimes but I don't let it stress me! On the boxes the main wire coming is is straight to the box aside from on cfl/ outlet right outside my room. So it's dedicated for the room only. I wired the outsideoutlet before I had the basement fully lit so I could see. I think a good extension cord is about as solid as 14g romex or electrical wiring if it is a heavy duty one. I think the concern is at the plug. OGwas saying before that the connections are where things happen. He would know better than I do about safety of running extension cords. I can say I have used lots and lots of extension cords pulling way more load than they should and have had them get pretty hot so I can see how this situation is one of those where the right tools for the job is important

Sorry to hear of your struggles my friend... Rock bottoms a bad place to be... Been there dude...

But we have prevailed, we are here :high-five:

I kinds use this thought process now...,

Is it my fault, no.... Can i do anything to change it ?.... If not £uck it, i will deal with it....

As we both know, the fear and worry is worse, than what we actually face... Its a steep, slippery slope on the road to recovery... But we both dug in our nails and scaled that slope...

Without this community, i would have slipped a hell of a lot more recently.. I am thankful for that..

The other reason, blonde haired blue eye boy.. My son... I have seen first hand the destruction of a young life, that loses their parent at a young age....My step daughters lost their dad very young....

My little boy is my world, my inspiration...If im a bag of crap, i cant work, if i cant provide for him financially, emotionally...

I have no intention of being a " jerry springer candidate". :rofl::rofl:

On a lighter note.....2 days til you wake up and get excited like a puppy.... Coz its LED delivery day big boy !!!:cheer:

:circle-of-love:

Hey Ricky looking good brother. Love the boxes I think my room is safe but I'd like to make it safer. I'm a worrier u see I worry about things. Weel be half hour into a drive and ill turn back to make sure she turned the iron off even though she's sure she did u get me lol

The big grey cable does that link strate into your main fuse panel for house or just a wall socket but it's safer because the cable can handle more load than extensions??
When it comes to your safety and the safety of the ones you love Cali, that does not make you a worrier, that makes you a great husband/father. Thats your job and from the sounds of it, your doing a great job!

As for the extension cord comment, that is a little deceiving. If you get a heavy duty extenuation cord yes it will carry more load/amps then a light duty one and heat up less/perhaps not at all. Here is the trick part of that comment. Where is this cord plugged into? if it is the hallway or a bedroom down the hall, it will be plugged into a #14 gauge circuit, then that dictates the over all amount of current pulled through that circuit. Think of it as a chain. It is only as strong as the weakest link. If you connect a big thick chain to a smaller chain and pull, the smaller chain will still break when the amount of pull exceeds the strength of the smaller chain. Will you break the larger chain? no because the weakest link will always be the 1st to break. So if you use a heavy duty cord on a lighter duty circuit you still can only put the maximum allowed amperage through that entire circuit and if it fails it will be within the weakest link, which normally is the device you plug that cord into.

Hope this helps you understand it a little better and if you have any concerns about the safety of your electrical in your grow room please PM me and we can get you to a place where we will both feel comfortable about your safety :thumb:

Hey Lick, in the summer I do have high humidity in general throughout the whole house but it is not specifically worse in the basement, fairly dry basement. In the winter I almost need more humidity because it will get so low. I think this winter having more plants down there will help keep the rh of that little room in check. I have contemplated a dehumidifier for summer but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Thinking about your bubblers I imagine they increase humidity some?

BW thanks and I am glad you are well too! There are some very slippery slopes in life that can lead us to be a bag of crap but like you I have a kid to care for so that is not an option! I feel like once you have seen rock bottom the world gets so much clearer as you come back up man! Cheers to not being at rock bottom and being good parents with a great community here to support each other!

OG hit the nail on the head there. What u was trying to say he got out more clearly. If you use a 16 gauge cord in a 14 g outlet then your cord will probably be the weak link and visa versa like OG stated. I was raised on a simple statement that I try to follow, " if you ain't going to do it right, then don't do it at all" that's what my dad always told me growing up . also here I saw a quote I think on Majorpita Sig saying- "good enough" rarely is- which I think is excellent too.

Polls are closed. Votes are being counted. I believe the ballot will not pass because of how poorly laid out it is and because of the anti monopoly ballot too which only exists because of how poorly the ballot was laid out. I will be happy and disappointed either way. I did not vote myself became I want it to pass and fail. Ideal situation really would be 2 and 3 pass and grand jury gets to decide. Likely then legalization will be shot down and anti monopoly will prevail. Then in another 5 or 10 years there will be another shot at writing a ballot worth making legalization viable. The current decriminalization make legalization less of a concern for the voters. The bigger concern is looking out for the public that need help that legalization could help but the current ballot would prevent for many more decades to come.it's a frustrating situatuon but it's what is in the table and what we have to work with. We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom