Ricky Bobby's - Soil - T5 - Sativa - SOG - First Journal

I have seven seedlings that look like crap. The third row from the left was planted the same time as the fourth row from the left. I think what happened is I have a layer of straightperlite on top of my soil for all of my pots. Some I made a little thicker than others. I plopped the seeds straight in the wet perlite. The ones with the thicker layers the roots grew throughout the perlite but had net yet reached the soil below like the ones with thinner layer of perlite. So the perlite on top dries out real quick unlike the soil below it and the plants who only had the majority of their roots in that too layer of perlite and then they got dried out and bout croaked.

New growth is coming back on those though. They will recover and thrive.
And now.... Photos!
1021150646e.jpg
1021150646d.jpg
1021150646c.jpg
1021150646b.jpg
1021150646a.jpg
1021150646.jpg
1021150645.jpg
1019150707d.jpg

I see you posted the weights while I was typing.. thanks!

I've seen weights at about 16 -17grms on hempy 2ltrs and a little over an OZ on the 2ltr bubblers, it's where I got the info on doing it the bubbler way. It seems like more work involved doing it with air hose and bubble stones but I'm not doing anything anyway. I hope my high yield comes through. They are doing great and coming along quick now.

Keep the bowl green side up, Lick

Hey Lick! Welcome to the party. Thanks for the compliments! These guys in the current pics were tortured bad as young clones by me trying to kill gnats. They about died and were already in flowering so I suspect these ones will be light. I'll be stoked to get 8-10 grams each off then. Crossing my fingers they get to their full potential. Before these I was averaging about 12 grams per plant without the LED in there. I hope the LED will help them get more weight or flower faster or both would be amazing.

With the MG soil I really haven't had much trouble. Not sure why it gets such a bad rap. My plants don't get burn. I think the soil might make the ph slightly acidic which i think might be causing some calcium lock out. I am going to deferring some dolomite lime to next batch and might start to check ph but so far I've grown without a ph meter so that may be my next purchase.

Hey buddy. Here she is. U can just about see top of her pop bottle pot lol. This one wasn't 12/12 seed. It was grew in a room amount regular plants in 15 litre pots and got shadowed towards the end. She will of been topped at 14 days old and put to flower at day 25 from seed she yielded 25gram..... your yields are good u can fit so many 10-12g pop bottles in a m2 can end up with a killer harvest

Hey Lick! Welcome to the party. Thanks for the compliments! These guys in the current pics were tortured bad as young clones by me trying to kill gnats. They about died and were already in flowering so I suspect these ones will be light. I'll be stoked to get 8-10 grams each off then. Crossing my fingers they get to their full potential. Before these I was averaging about 12 grams per plant without the LED in there. I hope the LED will help them get more weight or flower faster or both would be amazing.

With the MG soil I really haven't had much trouble. Not sure why it gets such a bad rap. My plants don't get burn. I think the soil might make the ph slightly acidic which i think might be causing some calcium lock out. I am going to deferring some dolomite lime to next batch and might start to check ph but so far I've grown without a ph meter so that may be my next purchase.

Don't say that about the gnats. I had problems early on and used neem oil and h2o2 and it seemed to do the trick but it made a few of mine slow down quite a bit for a while there. Now they are all kickin ass but one. I hope it doesn't screw with my weight too much because I only wanted to do this once a year about the same time and get enough to last.

I'm sure adding the LED would definitely help in yield. I think the Miracle Grow things that I've read were about it have time release nutes in them and causing problems down the road with toxicity and deficiency. Either way it's working out great.

It's been almost 20 years since I've had any give or take a few times at parties where I was already drinking and don't remember the buzz.

I can't believe a 2 liter supported that plant cali! That is impressive. I would have expected the restriction on the roots to limit it more! Beautiful looking plant though!

If I get 11grams per plant I come out above at about .9 grams per watt which is nothing to turn ya nose up at ya know specially with t5s.

Lick just be careful with that neem and h2o2. That is what I used but mixed too strong and sprayed with lights on and it almost killed everything. Mix of right, spray with lights off and then wash it off afterwards is what I am told Now. I've had layer of perlite in too of all pots now for about 4 weeks and I think the gnats are 98% gone, as u can see some flu paper on the walls too. I see one here and there but nothing like before where there were dozens at a time

Yea I was impressed with it I'd of gone pop bottles from that day on and would of 50 in the 4x4 tent but I like to keep numbers low so she was just an experiment. If u noticed on the right of the plant was another one... same strain. Same nutes and lights but bigger pot. And was 3 times the size. But in reality on square foot area the pop bottle would of yielded more if makes sense?

.9gpw is awsome results bro my best I think .7
Keep it up

16-17 with HPS lights in guessing? I'd love to have an hps in there.

If u can, pls post some info on the bubbleryou speak of, I do not know about it. An oz off 2 liter would be sweet!

I HOPE you will see an OZ from a 2ltr bubbler soon enough in "coming soon pics " of my journal that is in my signature. :geek:

I read a members journal on here from a few years ago whos name was donp.paul I believe and his first attempt at using the 2ltr was a hempy and he weighed in at 20.5gms for the first one using 400 watts of cfl's and then he got a 400w hps. Then he added an air stone and only used compost in the top part of the 2ltr...an oz or so per plant. If I remember right, he said he didn't PH anything except his water out of his faucet once in a while. Then he started doing autos in 2ltrs. All great stuff with lots of pics but his journals are pretty long but informative. I'm not sure how to link it here but if you search his name you will find it. Also if you search ( 2ltr dwc ) you will find a boat load of members back in the day that tried out the 2ltr sog grow that are posted in a blog. One in particular is (420fied ) he did a 112 perpetual 2ltr sog grow with clones...great read.

You're right, HPS lights were used for most of the 2ltr grows. So you are getting great weight with the floros so far LED is just going to be the added bonus weight you were looking for.

:jawdropper:

O yea I see the one off to the side now. If I ever get enough back to last me several months I might change up my style to be larger pots and fewer plants. Even if it just up to one or two gallon pots and let them veg for a little bit before flowering. The biggest thing is I would have to do major lst to keep them short. Or would have to make more room. Move the moms out of that room and only flower in there. Something but right now that is all the space I can have without the ole lady flippin her lid lol. Like you said though the yields are actually great and I get to harvest a little about every two weeks or a month.

I HOPE you will see an OZ from a 2ltr bubbler soon enough in "coming soon pics " of my journal that is in my signature. :geek:

I read a members journal on here from a few years ago whos name was donp.paul I believe and his first attempt at using the 2ltr was a hempy and he weighed in at 20.5gms for the first one using 400 watts of cfl's and then he got a 400w hps. Then he added an air stone and only used compost in the top part of the 2ltr...an oz or so per plant. If I remember right, he said he didn't PH anything except his water out of his faucet once in a while. Then he started doing autos in 2ltrs. All great stuff with lots of pics but his journals are pretty long but informative. I'm not sure how to link it here but if you search his name you will find it. Also if you search ( 2ltr dwc ) you will find a boat load of members back in the day that tried out the 2ltr sog grow that are posted in a blog. One in particular is (420fied ) he did a 112 perpetual 2ltr sog grow with clones...great read.

You're right, HPS lights were used for most of the 2ltr grows. So you are getting great weight with the floros so far LED is just going to be the added bonus weight you were looking for.

:jawdropper:

I'm going to check out your journal right now! I think the 112 2 liter sog u mention is the one that I based mine off of. I remember the title of the grow journal was "come sog with me"

I might be trying a dwc once we see how yours works out

Yea i have accidentally knocked. Over a couple of the babies and I look like that guy there when I do. Last night taking the moms out to water I dropped one of the new moms in one gallon pots right on her head and I was steaming. But I think she will make it just fine, just going to be stunted while she repairs herself.

I would use those crates but I have mine packed in so tight that I'd lose some bottles. So now I'm just try to be more careful and luckily keeping them short keeps them from getting too top heavy. If I incorporate Lick's design I might use them though since I could afford to give up some space.

Back
Top Bottom