Lick's SOG 2 Liter Bubblers With Multi-Strain - First Time Grow

Lick

Howdy great people of 420MAG. I'm roughly new at growing and have been reading the journals and magazine for a long while now but subscribed back in June. Decided to grow my own stone...I mean meds. My set up will be hopefully 38-40 2ltr bubblers in an 18" x 43" space ( in an open spaced spare bedroom ). I'll be using the GH 3 Flora series plus supplements, compost in the top part of the 2ltrs. Veg will be a homemade light of 2 4' 6500k fluorescents with 12 23w 6500k CFL's with a car windshield mylar hood. For flowering I have a 600w air-cooled HPS with a 6" 240cfm inline fan, plus 12 23w 2700k CFL's to change out on my homemade light, leaving the 2 4' 6500k fluorescents for side lighting. I covered the only window but left a hole cut out for the ducting to vent the heat from the HPS light and some of the great aroma.( I have a temporary cover over the hole until I need to use it ) I also covered the frame of the bedroom door to block light. I cleaned the room and washed the walls with bleach then spayed Neem Oil all around the room for possible preventative pest control. I bought 1" bubble stones and an 8 outlet Air pump 45ltr's per minute which will be kept in the bedroom closet and way above the water level. I'm in the process today of cutting up some foam pool noodles to cover all airline hoses as much as possible to keep heat and light out. I'll be using my a/c if needed with vent ducting to cool rez's . I painted all 2ltr's to keep out light and will be placing small thick Dixie paper plates over the top planter cups to help prevent any light/heat from getting to the rez's and exposed airlines and I've read it also helps to keep out any pest from the soil. Still reading a searching for a ppm chart to better understand the nutes...can't find it on the GH web page, only the how much nutes to give and when but not with the supplements...anyway I may need some help with that when the time comes from someone with the GH Flora series knowledge. The nutes and supplements I have are Floramicro, Floragro, Florabloom -- Florablend, Florashield, Florakleen, Cal-Magic, Armor-SI, Liquid Koolbloom and will be purchasing the Dry Koolbloom a few weeks down the green road. I purchased my seeds from Herbies ( a quick plug and shoutout to Herbies for the quick shipping... 7 days ). 10 Fem Lemon Kush, 10 Fem Ladyburn 1974, 10 Fem mixed , 5 Fem Critical Kush plus the freebies of 1 Fem Delahaze, 2 fem nebula, 3 Fem original White Widow and 10 Reg Afghan's. Not exactly sure how many seeds will germinate but my set up is for 38-40 plants and I started germinating yesterday evening. I won't be using any of the Afghan Reg seeds unless not very many Fem seeds germinate. I'll be vegging for about 7 to 10 days then switching over to 12/12 to keep the ladies small. I hope I am correct about lolly-popping at 21 days into flower and again at 43-45 days into flowering if needed to make a beautiful sea of green BUDSTICKS!!! ( photos coming soon )
I hope I have covered most bases and if anyone cares to chime in and lend a helping hand or just watch a crazy old disabled man with Ankylosing Spondylitis try his hand at growing his own meds feel free because this is going to be one hellava green road trip with hopefully only a few potholes and speed bumps along the way. Wish me luck , keep the bowl green side up and treat others as if they have weed and you're JONESING. Thanks for your interest, Lick

most of the seeds are ready to be planted today and I added the pool noodles to the air hoses. hopefully I uploaded my setup pics correctly.
IMG_20150829_133607.jpg
IMG_20150829_133342.jpg
IMG_20150829_133757.jpg
IMG_20150829_133442.jpg
IMG_20150829_133320.jpg
IMG_20150829_133417.jpg

YAY!!!! 34 of 41 seeds popped today and are now planted. 7 more to go. I guess If I get all 41 seeds 100% germination rate to pop, I'll either need to add another 2ltr to the air pump or just fill it with soil. I put all the seeds on glass plates with wet paper towels (top and bottom ) and set them on top of my water heater and so far so good. Now I just hope all of the ladies will show their faces and grow to be successful mature BBW's.

Last night 3 more babydolls popped and were nestled all snug in their beds while visions of fat heavy BUDS danced through my head. Only 4 more slow magic beans to go. 1 fem mixed, 1 fem Ladyburn 1974 and 2 Barneys fem Critical Kush. On a side note, 2 White Widow ladies that were the first 2 planted Friday night at 11:45pm have decided to come to the Pearl Jam concert early looking for special attention and possible back stage party passes ( it's a Bring Your Own Weed Party ) only they were singing Jimi Hendrix lyrics...EXCUSE ME while I KISS the SKY!!!! They let me
sneak a feel and see how moist they were so... I'll let them have everything they want because they're FOXY LADIES. I hope they find their way to the Stairway To Heaven as well.

update - Lemon Kush had 11 seeds in the bag ( YAY BONUS ) so that made 42 seeds altogether besides the 10 Afghani regs that are for another time. 39 germinated and are planted. waiting to see if the last 2 Barneys Fem Critical Kush and a Fem mixed seed will germ. I thought I lost a Lemon Kush but saw that while I was talking to my lady while planting them, I must have planted 2 in the same pot. ( Need to figure out how to handle this pretty quick ) All the ladies but one have come out to play but a few still have their biker helmets on. ( hope this isn't going to be an issue ) The one that hasn't is the last Fem Ladyburn 1974 which just popped and spouted her tail then got planted today. So recap: 11 Fem Lemon Kush, 10 Fem Ladyburn 1974, 9 Fem Mixed strain, 3 Fem Critical Kush, 3 Fem White Widow, 2 Fem Nebula and 1 Fem Delahaze...39 total and all Rockin n Rollin! 7-10 days depending on growth and it 's 12/12 time. Been playing a little OZZY for the ladies, hope they enjoyed SWEETLEAF!! A little Bob Seger tomorrow if their good little girls. LLLATER, Lick

Bob Seger??? Time for me to Unsub...haha:rofl:

I'm sorry, did you want to here Tiffany or Boy George? LMAO!!

Transplanted the Lemon Kush that I accidently planted two in one 2ltr. hope they make it. I raised the 2ltr's up off the floor using milk crates and if needed, I will add trash bags to the milk crates and then add gallon milk jugs or 2ltr bottles that are frozen to lower the temps of the rez's. plus it's way easier on my back. I decided on Zepplin for the ladies and on the plus side, it's made me jam out and more motivated. Rock ON, Lick

Well today there were roots coming out of the hole in the 2ltr's so I added all the 1 inch bubble stones to each 2ltr and mixed up a light batch of nute water... Armor Si, Cal-magic, Micro, Gro and Florablend to 170 ppm as they are still seedlings and my compost only has 0.10 - 0.05 - 0.05 and ph'd to 5.7 then turned everything on and BOOM... BUBBLERS!! temps reading 78f and humidity is 54%, would like to raise that up a bit. Still on 20/4 till I see how well these ladies take off during veg. Would like them to be about 5-7 inches tall before switching to 12/12. The light is about 7 inches from the canopy but the attached CFL's are a few inches from the seedlings. I hope I'm doing everything correctly. I'll keep a close eye on them to see how they are reacting to everything that has happened today. Pink Floyd - THE WALL has been playing on a loop today. LLLater,Lick

Lights on today at 10:30am and humidity was 70% with high of 82% and the temp was 65f while it was 77f before lights out for 4 hours. Right now temp is 75f and humidity is 60%. Bubblers all doing fine. plants look good except a few that stretched/elongated towards the light. Switched those around with some center rez's - should be ok for about a week before the 12/12 switch. Before setting up my air cooled 600w hps, I think I might cut a 3/4inch 4x8 and put it under the milk crates then cut a top piece to mount to 2 small furniture dollies to mount the milk crates to and then set the 2ltr holders in place while allowing me to just roll the plants out from under the lights and feed/fill/check the plants easier without needing to move the lights/fan until plants get to close. I'll see what I can do today as my sister and her friend our having a yard sale at my house tomorrow starting at the crack of old people. ( DAMMIT!! ) I think the ladies enjoyed the Floyd concert yesterday because their first set of leaves doubled to tripled in size. Today I just have the stereo on classic rock because RUSH - Tom Sawyer was playing so I left it. If anyone see's or reads something on here that I might be doing wrong or have any suggestions, I sure would appreciate them as this is my first grow and I'm basing all that I'm doing off of reading a ton of journals and forums on this great mag. Thanks in advance and keep the bowl green side up, Lick

Today lights on at 10:30am and RH 76% and temp was 68f, now the RH is 60% and 75-76f. Bubblers still kickin great and over half the ladies are showing their second set of true leaves. Hopefully 5-7 more days of veg and it's 12/12 time. Roots are popping out of the 2ltr cup tops like crazy now. I extended the light hanging pole today in order to be able to close the closet door a lot more to give myself more room to pick up the 2ltr crates when needing to check the rez's and ladies out.

When I connect my inline fan to my air cooled light fixture should I need tape around the connections to make a better tight seal? and if so, what kind of tape? The fan is not the expensive ones that are insulated and much quieter so it say it gets hot and I don't know if duct tape would melt to the light and fan or if I should find some kind of aluminum tape. also the ducting coming out of the fan to the window will need a good seal.

Early this morning before lights out I did a whole 39 2ltr rez clean and change. I took a crate of eight at a time and washed and dried thoroughly all rez's and hoses/bubble stones then mixed up some Florashield and put it in the rez's for about 30-40mins before adding a tad bit higher nutes. 1 Critical Kush looked a lot lighter than all the others so I gave it just a bit more nitrogen. Hope that works and doesn't hurt my lady. ( fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed ). Will keep close eye on it today and keep updated. RH this morning when lights came on was 69% and temp was at 70f. Right now temps are at 76f and RH is 63%. Nickelback concert today for the ladies while I grill out with some slow hickory and mesquite smokin steak, chicken and pork kabobs. Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!! Stay safe and medicated, Lick

Today I also wanted to show some pics of what might be twins or I have no clue what it's doing. One of the Fem mixed seeds just started growing another. I'm not sure if it's a root that turned up because I see lots of roots coming out the bottom. Anyway, here are some pics of her if anyone knows what might be going on here. ( pics are kind of crappy with the light on and I took them with the phone real quick and didn't adjust ) Thanks for any help, Lick
IMG_20150906_043834.jpg
IMG_20150906_043916.jpg
IMG_20150906_154032.jpg
IMG_20150906_154221.jpg
IMG_20150906_154347.jpg

Back
Top Bottom