Lick's SOG 2 Liter Bubblers With Multi-Strain - First Time Grow

I got no clue...lol but it looks cool!
I like what you did with the 2 liters. Took me till now to figure it out:thumb:

Yeah it does look pretty cool, hope it stays looking cool. I got the idea from another grower on here who was experimenting with the different styles of growing in the 2ltr's and he boiled it down to, bubble stones, compost and about a week or so in veg unless you use clones then go straight to 12/12. He was getting roughly 21gms to a little over an oz in 8-9 weeks. He got 21grams on his first one using a 400w hps dual spectrum and went 12/12 from seed.

Today I set the time to 17/7 and tomorrow it will go down to 16/8, so maybe Friday or Sat I will keep it on 12/12 and hope for the best. Friday I will be setting up my 600w air cooled HPS on 50% for a few days then 75% a few days until the 600w puts my ladies in the right mood for their pleasure and mine. I hope I'm not messing anything up!! LLLater, Lick :volcano-smiley:

Not much of an update today. 2nd set of leaves filling in on the ladies and waiting for a few late germinators to try and catch up. The twin or whatever it is, is coming in all spazzy. Hope they both stay alive for the duration. Thinking Moody Blues concert today since it's a gloomy rainy day here. Fixin to put some marinated riblets on the smoker and bust open a few Bud Lights later. Sure wish all my ladies were old enough to join(t) me, it's been almost 20 years since I had twisted up a hog leg.

Stay Medicated, Lick :volcano-smiley:

Bud Light, Hog Leg... Must be a southern boy:) at least at heart!
If you were close by I'd offer some to you, but since you're not... more for me:rofl:
GB80
Aw HELLLLLL NO... DAMMIT BOY!!!

Southern by the grace of God. Sweet tea, bon fires and barn dances...of course at my house there is a pool, hot tub, fire pit, lawn darts, washers, horseshoes, hammocks, pool table, soft tip darts, and this fall I'm getting a projector and making an 8' x 12' screen with the queen size double high mattress to kick back on and an open bar all for the nights viewing pleasure with Pink Floyd " The Wall " playing 1st. I'm on a dead end road, surrounded by cotton fields and a church across the road. Cotton gin is kinda loud till the end of November but we just turn up the tunes. Waiting patiently, Lick

Well I guess it's time for an update for my one follower...THNX GB80!!!

The girls have been on 12/12 now since the 17th. Last night I changed and cleaned all 39 rez's and added fresh nutes as well as flushed some florakleen through the top compost cups because some had a few issues. I ordered 5 Barneys Critical Kush before I started all this and only three germinated and two are growing all deformed. NOT VERY HAPPY with the Critical Kush at the moment. The Delahaze looks great. The White Widows are doing good as well as the Nebulas. most of the Ladyburn 74 , Lemon Kush and the mixed fems are doing pretty good also. Just some minor issues here and there trying to find out what the ladies like to eat. Found out that the cfls that I bought from lowes had the wrong lights in them. ( a little too late!! BS!!! ) I bought 2 boxes of 6 6500k 23w bulbs and while disconnecting and disassembling the veg light to hang the 600w hps, I noticed that half the lights were 18w and 2700k...mislabeled box. My fault for not reading the bulb itself and not paying much attention to the difference in color when lit. So a lot of the plants grew fast, tall and lanky even though I had the light 3inches from the canopy. NOOB mistake. they seem to be keeping close nodes now under the hps.

I put white paper plates on top of all the plants last night and covered any openings around the plates with white poster board to keep light from heating the rez's and also to keep light from getting in the rez's because my dumb ass bought clear hose instead of black.( all the research beforehand and I missed something crucial... DAMMIT!! ) Anyway, the rez's have been staying at 68 - 69 degrees while the temps have been between 79f -84f at the canopy. Humidity has been about 35-43% with lights on and 60-70% with lights out. Temps with lights out about 67f - 72f. I'm trying to figure out how to get the humidity down to 40 -45% when the lights are out. I have two large oscillating fans blowing on high but humidity has still been high. Other than turning on the heat, I'm not really sure what to do yet. A space heater puts out light so I think that idea is out. I'll definitely need to get it down when flower buds start to form.

I had a problem with the Florablend, it looks like fish shit or seaweed and was clinging to the roots. Not sure if i'll use it anymore. Each day I lower the ph from about 6.8 back to 5.5. If anyone knows or has a link to a chart for light distance for optimal footprint for an air cool tube 600w hps light, that would be much appreciated. I can't seem to find anything on the cool tube lights only the regular 600w hps. My grow space is now at 39" x 23" with 39 plants in 2ltr bottles so they are pretty much close girlfriends.

The ladies were chanting " Jerry Garcia RULES " so...Grateful Dead it is. Pics coming soon. See Ya in The FUNNY PAPERS, Lick:volcano-smiley:

Welcome to :420:
:popcorn: Nice setup. Im in.
Got this lighting chart form another site. Hope this helps. Dont take these values as etched in stone, but as approximations, your mileage may vary. Read your plants. :Namaste:

:popcorn:.
lighting_chart.JPG

Howdy all and sorry for the long delay in updates. Had some issues with my family about the internet...needless to say I'm no longer on my dads family phone plan. PLUS on the BIG PLUS side, I'm a NEW GRANDPA at 45yo!! ( well 44 for 12 more days ):woohoo: Baby BOY 9/24/2015 :happy-birthday:...she couldn't hold off till my B-Day 10/13.

Been having issues trying to feed all the girls everything they need separately so there are a few deficiencies here and there ( just about got it dialed in ) Plus there is a gnat problem. Got me a bottle of h2o2 and flushed them all last night and cleaned rez's and mixed new nutes with h2o2 and today they are all looking good and perking up but a few are still a little droopy.( needed the h2o2 a couple weeks ago ) Got my temps to now stay between 73f - 79f with humidity at about 40-45% with lights on. Rez temps are 66f - 68f. Temps when lights are off stay between 66f - 68f as well while the humidity with lights off is around 66% and I'm trying to figure out what I can do to lower it to 40 - 50% without turning the heat on yet. ( probably need to bite the bullet and get a dehumidifier ). A few girls are showing their white hairs and of course one of the lanky deformed Barneys Critical Kush girls decided to Hermie!! Dammit Critical Kush I can't catch a break with these 5 seeds from Barneys. two never germed and two grew deformed and lanky while one is doing fine but very small. Anyway, pics are of before the 12/12 flip and some after. I haven't taken any pics yet of the girls since their h2o2 flush and feeding, going to give them till Saturday to really perk up and shine. Down to 38 ladies and 5 more look like they have a foot in the grave as well. I'll see what I can do with them in the next 6 1/2 weeks. Lights are at 17 - 21 inches from tops. This weekend i'll be placing all the same size ladies together and raising the smaller ones to a level canopy. I hope it looks like a hermie to the rest of y'all because she already got the GUILLOTINE!! Some of the pics are before I got the temps and humidity down and I'm sorry for the phone pics but I think I gave my good camera away in a milk crate full of motorcycle ratchet straps to the dude that was hauling bikes for me. DAMMITTTTTTT!!!

Going to try a little OZZY with some older Black Sabbath for the eve and see how the ladies dance and bang their heads. :theband:

If you have smoke, which I don't...Bong hits in the bathroom before breakfast, Lick :bong:

IMG_20150916_193440.jpg
IMG_20150928_061356.jpg
IMG_20150928_061346.jpg
IMG_20150928_061307.jpg
IMG_20151001_022343.jpg
IMG_20151001_022411.jpg
IMG_20151001_022451.jpg
IMG_20151001_022304.jpg
IMG_20151001_022043.jpg
IMG_20150916_193505.jpg
IMG_20150916_193533.jpg
IMG_20150916_193556.jpg

Im in, lets see some pics Lick!! I felt sorry for you saying you only had 2 followers in another thread. Gd way to drum up traffic is pictures n I only see one.... so lets have em
:thumb:

oh wow I totally missed page 2. There all looking great... sure got your hands full!!

Subbed and along for the grow. Looks interesting but I have no experience with this sort of setup so I won't be able to offer much if any advice. Still I brought a smoke to share :blunt:

It did look lik a hermie though.

Good luck :thumb:

Hello Lick

I saw mention of your grow elsewhere and thought I would pop in. I don't know anything about bubblers but your girls are looking good and the music is good, so if you don't mind, I will pull up a seat and see how the girls grow :)Here, have some Cherry Bomb on me :bongrip:

Im in, lets see some pics Lick!! I felt sorry for you saying you only had 2 followers in another thread. Gd way to drum up traffic is pictures n I only see one.... so lets have em
:thumb:

oh wow I totally missed page 2. There all looking great... sure got your hands full!!

Welcome Herby40 !!

I do have my hands full and probably shouldn't have started with so many strains on my first grow because it makes it difficult to dial in on what each lady likes to eat but, most of the ladies are doing good while some were planted later waiting on the germination.

Thanks again for having a look, Lick

Subbed and along for the grow. Looks interesting but I have no experience with this sort of setup so I won't be able to offer much if any advice. Still I brought a smoke to share :blunt:

It did look lik a hermie though.

Good luck :thumb:

Welcome Kriaze!

There were a few members on here that experimented with this growing style back a few years ago and it looked like a good way to get a large variety along with a decent quantity in such a small space so...YAY!!! I went for it!! I'm hoping that they all get to be about 12 - 14 inches and average about 10 - 14gms. We'll see. :wood:

Thanks for looking in, Lick

Hello Lick

I saw mention of your grow elsewhere and thought I would pop in. I don't know anything about bubblers but your girls are looking good and the music is good, so if you don't mind, I will pull up a seat and see how the girls grow :)Here, have some Cherry Bomb on me :bongrip:

Welcome TheCelt!!

I appreciate the traffic. I like to believe that the girls like the tunes as well because they get what I give em and I pretty much listen to everything. Tonight they are listening to the classic rock station that is playing listeners request.

thanks again for poppin in, Lick :bongrip:

Well tonight lights on at 6:15pm and the ladies are looking sweet. PH'd the rez's and turned up the tunes.

Here are a few bad phone pics again that I was playing around with the color and it wasn't so great. The 2 trays on the right are the ladies that were planted last and for the most part had most of the problems. In a bit i'll put some books under them the raise them all to roughly the same canopy.

Thanks to all who are watching, Lick

IMG_20151003_183009.jpg
IMG_20151003_183400.jpg
IMG_20151003_183450.jpg
IMG_20151003_183059.jpg
IMG_20151003_183333.jpg
IMG_20151003_183512.jpg

I've subbed up and I'm in :thumb: I like your set up man. Lookin forward to seeing what you produce. :popcorn:

:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom