HID Grow - Andy's OG Clone & Purple Maui

wcrustin90

So I'm growing two plants one is a clone from a local grower. The other is a bag seed I think from purple maui. I have 2.5 gallon pots, fax farm frog mix and age old veg and bloom nuts. I was using tap water the last two days and then switch to distilled water. My plants seemed to like the tap water more than the distilled water.

re: First CFL Grow - Andies OG Clone & Random Bag Seed - Purple Maui?

Hi Wcrustin90!!

I'll take a seat here if you don't mind.

I have a link in my signature that can help you add some meat and potatoes to your journal.

I look forward to watching you do your thing!

Screenshot_2015-09-24-09-52-28.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-09-52-28.png

Mmmm good question. Temperature is one of the hardest things to maintain and is typically the biggest problem I see around here.

How high does it get? 84is a touch high but certainly not the end of the world. I typically run low 90s and that's crazy talk. So if your under that. Keep your light distance high and just get used to it.

You'll be fine

Couple of options first try Oscillating Fans as this will be your cheapest option. Air cooled reflectors, Portable air conditioners, cool mist humidifiers are other options but a bit more expensive. I was able to balance my temps with the cool mist humidifier and two fans one small desk fan blowing directly on the light and one large oscillating fan circulating the room.

The only thing I'm missing from that is the isolating fan.. I'm going to pick on up and see if that helps, once Temps cool off soon I won't be as big or problem, but for the moment the plants don't seem to mind they have a full day cycle with Temps I'm never more than 10 degrees from low to high

re: HID CFL Grow - Andy's OG Clone & Purple Maui

Have any of yall ever use a metal halide 2700 k for flowering?

Never used mh for flowering but I do use a 600w mh for veg and it works great. The light spectrum is different than a hps or led also mh lights get pretty hot. Some mh fixtures support the same size hps bulb, you should look and see if yours does. As for the nutrients to the seedling, I would hold off on giving the seedling nutrients until the little round leaves fall off. Those have all the nutrients that seed needs to get started. Looking good tho man. subbed:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom