4twenty4all's New Grow Room - Soil Drain-To-Waste - Multiple Strains 2011

I had surgery on my left elbow this morning so typing this is going to be really slow with 1 hand. I had my ulnar nerve moved to the top of my arm and had some scar tissue removed as well....power lifting injury...

This will be the first of many smoke reports on some of the strains grown here.

SMOKE REPORT: Banana Kush

Bag Appeal:
Very nice. light green. buds not terribly compact but absolutely COVERED in trichs.

Smell:
Upon first opening, the scent is freshly floral, sweet and slightly spicy with a hint of citrus.

I grabbed a bud with my thumb and pointer finger and proceeded to slowly rub it apart while sniffing intensely to get a sense of all the aromas being released. The dominant scent was strong pine with a sweet, slightly fruity undertone. very, very, very sticky......

The moisture content was just right and it broke up nicely with my fingers and was the perfect consistency and texture for rolling a really good j.
My fingers were very sticky and I rubbed some finger hash crumbs into the pile.

rolled with an ultra thin zig zag.
lit with a wooden match.

Smoke was VERY smooth....not harsh at all. It burned evenly and nicely. My sinuses cleared after the second puff. I felt my chest expanding. I also felt very clear headed and light on my feet. Started getting happy.
I kept smoking and sat down. My entire body started to become VERY relaxed and the pain in my left arm subsided significantly. I sat there and took approximately 12 to 14 pulls from my doob. I had to put it out because i was stoned off my ass. The cerebral effects subsided a bit after a few minutes and my body slowly became more relaxed.

After about 30 minutes, My body was feeling REALLY heavy and my chest still expanding deep with refreshing breaths of the fresh, crisp, night air. The cerebral part of the high had subsided quite a bit and was mostly body now.

As I sat there I started feeling really heavy and I felt as if I could doze off at any minute. Sooo.... I decided to spark it back up and finish my doobie. 7 pulls and it was gone. Roach thrown on the ground to symbolize freeing hemp.

Overall High:
Very Potent but 3 hits wouldn't knock me out but I have been smoking for over 20 years :)
Not harsh at all.
Tasty and smooth.
Excellent medicine for pain, sleep, or anxiety
High started out immediately very clearly cerebral but gradually shifted to a very deep relaxing body high.
No paranoia.
Very Refreshing.

i love this strain. and I am impressed.

Will I smoke it again? YES, very soon
Would I recommend it to a friend? YES
Is 4twenty4all cooler than the back side of my pillow? YES

Up Next, Train Wreck

Thanks BPN! I hope your arm heals quickly and that it wasn't your dominant hand ;-) Your smoke report is great! You are very descriptive and I'd say accurate. Kudos sir! I'm trying to get better at describing the smell and taste. I may start smelling different spices for a start.

That sounds like an awesome trip, banana Kush is great stuff, I had some from my dispensary not too long ago and I loved to veg out to it.

Your see of green looks awesome there, those buds are huge! This is an awesome grow I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures.
cannabisgrwr thanks for stopping by and the nice comments! I love the banana kush too. Yummy...

wow dude. awesome diy grow room. you have everything your plants need totally covered and your funky buds are proof. i hope someday i can have the space and money to build my own set-up kind of like yours. great job man :welldone:

Thanks treezzz! I realy appreciate it! I hope the buds turn out okay ;-)

Re: 4twenty4all’s New Grow Room - Soil Drain-To-Waste - Multiple Strains – 2011

that one maple leaf cola needs a name, lol..... you know which one im talking about! it almost needs a hair cut....

awesome grow(s) man. I'm subbed finally!

I decided to go crazy after doing some more research and lots of logical thinking. I have always defoliated in week 2 of flower then again in week 5 -ish but only about 20% - 30%. I did notice better results in yield and quality of larger buds. Now, I believe that the large fan leaves on the stalks are only for emergency food storage and kick in in the event of water or food shortage. However, we feed and water them so regularly that the roots are always being directly fed. So, I now believe that those leaves are mostly useless. I am going to test this by removing ALL of my fan leaves and I am in week 3 of flower. I will either increase my yield or kill my crop. Cross your fingers. I already started. Here are some pics, the work will be completed by tomorrow.

This is 75% defoliated and I will finish them tomorrow. You can see how much more of the buds are now exposed to the lights.
IMG_001527.JPG

IMG_001427.JPG

This is Maui and not done yet. You can see that the exposed bud is limited now.
IMG_001323.JPG

A side shot of the Maui plants and the Plushberry is in the very front also not done yet.
IMG_001929.JPG

Banana Kush plants and the Maple Leaf indica also not done yet. They look good now, but I'm sure they'll look awesome after their torture.
IMG_002025.JPG

Wish me luck. I'm going for it and that's all there is to it :) I was smoking the OG18 when I was in the garden when I started the defoliation. Hmmm.... No turning back now.
:bigtoke:

Looks awesome. Instead of defoliated all of them why don't you run a test and pick two that are about the same and defoliate one and do the other normally. Compare yields when time comes.

Just a suggestion.:thumb:

Looks awesome. Instead of defoliated all of them why don't you run a test and pick two that are about the same and defoliate one and do the other normally. Compare yields when time comes.

Fair enough and I like it. I'll pick one of the maui plants since I have quite a few of them :) Thanks for the suggestion! I was gonna rep ya for it but I still need to spread more around ;-) People like you really help to make this site a great place to learn and I personally thank you :thanks:

Fair enough and I like it. I'll pick one of the maui plants since I have quite a few of them :) Thanks for the suggestion! I was gonna rep ya for it but I still need to spread more around ;-) People like you really help to make this site a great place to learn and I personally thank you :thanks:

Haha I wouldn't go that far with that but thanks! Without this site I wouldn't have learned as much as I have. If I have something that can help someone I will give them as much as I got.

I'm glad you find me useful to this site. :Namaste:

I am doing a grow now with my clones where I am going to be defoliating and training the hell out of them (training is key I believe) right from veg.

I say go for it 4twenty!

SMOKE REPORT: Purple Nepal

Bag appeal:
Ok, nothing special. Light green and lots of trichs. It looks really good overall but nothing jumps out at me that makes really unique.

Smell: I opened the bag and stuck my nose in. The dominant scent was very earthy with hints of sandalwood.

I rubbed a bud apart with my fingers sniffing intently for all aromas and experienced sandalwood, a pungent soapy lemony scent, with some sweet grape accents....very pleasant smell.

Smoke/High:
Very Smooth.... and tasty. I really liked smoking this. not harsh at all.
The high was a very strong body high. It immediately hit me really fast. My body became very heavy and I got "couch-locked". I wanted t go to sleep soon after I smoked this strain.

I only smoked half a joint, about 10 hits and I was extremely stoned. It is potent and I like it.

This strain is a good medical strain: Sleep Aid, Relaxation, and decreases nausea and gave me the munchies really bad. i also had severe cotton mouth which made me eat and drink a lot.

I really enjoyed the high and slept like a log with an hour of smoking it.

:thumb::welldone:

up next: Sour Diesel (tonight)

Looks great for week 3 of flower, those plants are rocking.....

Smoke Report: Sour Diesel

Bag Appeal: nice, just looked like light green sugar coated buds

Smell: diesel and pine sol

Smoke/High: smooth and tasty. A little heavier feeling smoke. I could immediately tell that this was going to be some strong bud.

This weed got me just plain stoned....very stoned. I put my doobie out after 8 pulls. I stood up and thought of something to do but forgot what it was and walked around aimlessly for a few minutes. Thought of something else to do and immediately forgot what I was doing. I experienced a bit of paranoia with this one....lots of sativa in it.

Plainly, this strain is really strong. I had taken 2 lortab 10's a few hours before for the pain in my elbow from surgery but that was at least 6 hours before i smoked. I was so messed up after smoking that I had to lay down and went right to bed.

This is just REALLY REALLY strong cannabis :).

I agree with you 4twenty

'I believe that the large fan leaves on the stalks are only for emergency food storage and kick in in the event of water or food shortage'

Iv seen nothing but good results from major defoliation and see more and more people doing it everyday. Some people are still against it big time and i cant see why... the results speak for themselves.

IMG_001527.JPG

I predict supersize dense basball bats :goodjob:

Got some good looking carpet going there. Baseball bats, hell yes. That looks good dude. Keepem Green and gl with all them Donkey Dick's. I'll surf back soon Laters

Good sug TOG...Tests and Experiments...best way to improve knowledge...:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom