1000 Watt Water Cooled Grow

nice set up, i hope you get some monster buds!! :thumb:

Thanks man!

So I have been wondering whats up with my SLH. Some of the lower leaves are curling down/in. I thought maybe it was lack of light, but that doesn't sound right imo...

100_03024.JPG

100_03014.JPG

100_03034.JPG

Also, is it too late to LST the SLH?

I think that leaf is just one of the traits SLH has. I've seen it happen to older leaves on SLH.
You should still be able to do some lsting on the SLH. Start off slow, then each day tighten the lst up a little until you get it where you want.

I just realized today that the "gallon" juice jug I have been using to measure my nutes is only half a gallon... The good news is that everything is at full strength, and the amazing Milky Way is actually at 1.5x strength. I am wondering, should I keep the milky way at 1.5x or even go up to 2x?? or simply go down to 1x strength for ease in feeding? (there is absolutely zero tip burn whatsoever the leaves are green through and through)

Keep doing what you do bro...Up the dose!! Just make sure to flush with just plain water, a week or so b4 you switch to 12/12.....

Great job my friend....

Just my two cents.....

I think that leaf is just one of the traits SLH has. I've seen it happen to older leaves on SLH.
You should still be able to do some lsting on the SLH. Start off slow, then each day tighten the lst up a little until you get it where you want.

I changed my mind... I think the SLH is too big for me to properly lst. I mean I just am not sure what I would do to it; its about 10 inches.

So the plants are looking great. The SLH curling seems to have diminished somewhat. Purchased some supplies today and got some open sesame, I decided I wanted to try it out. I am going to be setting up for odor control and will begin to prepare for 12/12 over the next couple of weeks. I will flip the lights either the 8th or 15th of march...not sure yet so I am going to play it by ear. Also, I had to send my computer out for repairs and am using a loner, so am unsure if I will be uploading pics...

If anyone has any advice about going into 12/12 or using open sesame speak up, I'm all ears.

open sesame boosts the phosphates and enables flowering... it doesn't cause it by any means so don't pay attention to their label. you don't "foce" flowering with nutes, you force it with photoperiod. so change to 12/12 and use the open sesame at the same time.

open sesame boosts the phosphates and enables flowering... it doesn't cause it by any means so don't pay attention to their label. you don't "foce" flowering with nutes, you force it with photoperiod. so change to 12/12 and use the open sesame at the same time.

Thanks man you're a great help as always! I read in an older forum post (when open sesame was just coming out) that it can actually lower yield? Is this true, or just internet misinformation...it seems contrary to its purpose?

hmmmm think it would decrease your yield if you burned the plants badly with it but donno... that it decreases yield could definitely be internet misinformation... only thing I could think is holding off on the phosphate boost until later in flowering like H&G does

So I am a bit concerned with the L*D -- it is 18 inches tall. The SLH and Milky way are both a little over 12 in, and the Mako Haze is only 7.5... If I let it veg for another 2-3 weeks this thing is going to be a monster. How much does L*D stretch during flower? I am worried about having to raise the light for one plant...don't want to do that.

Would it be feasible to take it out of the veg tent after 12 hours, leaving it sequestered until the other plants are ready for 12/12? But really this all depends on how much it stretches. Both the mako and slh are sat. doms so i'm expecting some stretch out of them...

why not LST the big momma?
grab the top, tie a string or something equivalent to the top (a node or two down), pull it down so that its a little lower then the average height of the others.

she will start to turn the top back up in a couple hours, and be back on its way up to the light in a day, but this time shorter. and the lower branches will catch up, and you'll have a bush instead of a tree?

sounds good to me. ;)

why not LST the big momma?
grab the top, tie a string or something equivalent to the top (a node or two down), pull it down so that its a little lower then the average height of the others.

she will start to turn the top back up in a couple hours, and be back on its way up to the light in a day, but this time shorter. and the lower branches will catch up, and you'll have a bush instead of a tree?

sounds good to me. ;)

***I set up firefox on my pendrive so I can upload files securely...

So this is what I am working with. The 4 main branches you see are 4 "colas". I topped to achieve this, so instead of just one main trunk there is 4. Because of this i was worried about it becoming too much of a bush if I lst'd. Do you think I could still lst without this thing becoming a monster bush? I don't want it to loose direct light...

100_03052.JPG

Kiwi, is the flowering area the same as the veg?

Yes, it's the same area. I was just thinking about taking the plant out of the tent after 12 hours. I have that green light set up in the room.

you could LST it so it has a couple of tops or put a screen over it but it will be bushy no matter what if you don't prune the bottoms.

I may do what wheel suggested with the 2 largest tops, or I may just do nothing at all...I can always just let it grow into the light. I want it to get bushy, but not too bushy which it why I'm hesitant to lst.

Speaking of bushy....here are some shots of the milky way. This thing is going to rock come flower.

100_03112.JPG

100_03212.JPG

This picture doesn't do it justice because you can't really make out the side branching, but believe me this thing is bushy!
100_03173.JPG

yeah bro, that looks like a prime target for a good LST, to get it even with the rest in height. . . of course, the radius the plant takes up will get bigger, so it will take up more radial room. . .

but it seems like the main purpose you would want to lst would be because you prefer them all to be the same height as opposed to the same radius. this way you can maximize your distance from the canopy to the light. right?

from the pic, i wouldn't even bend the tops over much, maybe just pull them out to the sides a bit. . . McBuds uses little clips from office depot to attach to the rim of the pots, seems to work well for dirt pots. then uses them to attach the strings.

If it was me, I'd just pull the two main tops out until they ares slightly lower than the rest of the canopy. . . if its growing faster, this will increase the time you can go before you might have to do it a second time.

i don't know how the stretch is gonna be, but if i knew one was gonna stretch a bit more than the others, i would LST it to be that much shorter than the others so like you want, I could get an even canopy for the final weeks when they really pack on the weight.

good luck bro.

yeah bro, that looks like a prime target for a good LST, to get it even with the rest in height. . . of course, the radius the plant takes up will get bigger, so it will take up more radial room. . .

but it seems like the main purpose you would want to lst would be because you prefer them all to be the same height as opposed to the same radius. this way you can maximize your distance from the canopy to the light. right?

from the pic, i wouldn't even bend the tops over much, maybe just pull them out to the sides a bit. . . McBuds uses little clips from office depot to attach to the rim of the pots, seems to work well for dirt pots. then uses them to attach the strings.

If it was me, I'd just pull the two main tops out until they ares slightly lower than the rest of the canopy. . . if its growing faster, this will increase the time you can go before you might have to do it a second time.

i don't know how the stretch is gonna be, but if i knew one was gonna stretch a bit more than the others, i would LST it to be that much shorter than the others so like you want, I could get an even canopy for the final weeks when they really pack on the weight.

good luck bro.

Cool man, I think i'll try this out. Weren't you talking about getting a fresca for your volksgarden? I checked out your sig and it doesn't say anything about it.. You ever get one?

So I have a couple questions:

1. Does anyone have any experience with FF Cha Ching? I would get it, but I read several places that it makes for a longer flower period. I am under slight time constraints so am not sure if it is for me. Can anyone provide info on it and would you reccomend it?

2. I am looking at some TGA subcool seeds for my next grow. I know FrostyBuds you were growing out some...not sure if they are all for me as alot of them are 3x crosses, and I don't have the space to select specific phenos...but I am looking at Apollo 13 BX and Jacks Cleaner 2 as they have both been back crossed for better pheno stability. I also wanna try Querkle and Agent Orange. Vortex and Space Bomb also look good. Anyone have any recommendations?

....I also NEED to grow some mexican haze and congo haze from kiwi seeds...so much to do...may need to get a bigger tent.

Back
Top Bottom