1000 Watt Water Cooled Grow

I also water my plants once a week maybe twice if they need it. What I do is I feed them their nutes every Sunday and if they need a drink throughout the week I give them a little one of just plain water to get them through.

Your plants look very healthy to me, personally I would not really worry about that little bit of nute burn. If it starts on the new growth then you have a problem. This is just my personal opinion. Any one please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope this helps you out..

Best of luck with your grow!!

I have calibrated the hanna meter to 7.0 but that's it. The tap water here is 6.8-7.0 and has between 80-82ppm's. That' how I know if the meter is off, if I get readings outside of those ranges with tap water. Can't say that I have even messed with it for soil plants. I just know that if I add nutes the water will usually go to 5.5-6.0 ph, then when I water it is around 7.0 ph. I just don't worry about it in soil. I'm more likely to just give water to my plants then nuted water. I'm more likely to have yellow plants verses burned plants. I'm in no rush to go from seed to weed, so how I grow there really is no time table.

I decided to go ahead and feed with just water and cal-mag. Since they are drinking more i'll probably have to feed again by Friday. I also checked the ppm of my ro water and it is coming out at 4ppm. This is pretty good considering they claim 0ppm and I had to send in for more DI resin (they sent me a bad batch). My tap tested at 82ppm. I guess I could feed with my tap if I needed to but I don't have the patience to let the water sit out.

Yes give it a more dilute solution or just don't feed them for a week, they probably won't show any deficiencies given their soil - you probably could have gone the first 3 or 4 weeks without feeding at all easily.

I wanted to comment that before the first feed, the stems were beginning to purple -- about 2 weeks in. After feeding, new growth did not purple, and now the purple has receded from the older stems.

The milky way has naturally purple stems; as a sprout the stalk was purple, and new growth seems to eventually purple. As I write this it does come to mind that the milky way has the strongest appetite for nute. Is it possible that the purpling isn't after all genetic?

Chlorine usually only an issue with seedlings if even but it isn't a bad idea to distill it. IDK about the purpling thing I've read that it is deficiency but I think it is more related to temperature and genetics. Like a plant from hot climate in a moderate temperature is more likely to purp... maybe it is also phosphate as some people observe but I dunno.

Pic Update

This post is just a bunch of pics showing where the plants are. I did a major topping Friday, cut down to the 2nd node. It seems my worries about the burn may have been unfounded. I was watching them so closely I didn't notice any growth until I reviewed the older pics.

For starters, here is what they looked like right after I topped.
- Some of you rit refugees may be familiar with this method ;)

canopytopd.JPG

Here are to shots to compare what they look like now.

canopy12.JPG

all4side.JPG

SLH -- Not topped

slh1.JPG

Milky Way

milkytop.JPG

milkyside.JPG

Mako Haze - burnt
-look how tight those nodes are!

makotop.JPG

makoside.JPG

L*D - burnt.
-onthe420train, this is the one I was talking about being too close to the light...its my tallest and is about 7in away - Im using a 6500k MH conversion bulb btw.
-Anyone have any experience with a plant growing into a 1000w?

ld11.JPG

ldside.JPG

previous L*D shot
node2.JPG

and finally all 4 for comparison: SLH, Milky Way, Mako Haze, and L*D
- you can really see how they are going to develop 4 main stalks in this shot.

all41.JPG

- They would be so much prettier if they hadn't burnt.

Let me know what you all think

HaHa, Is it just me or does the L*D have 2 more nodes in the new pic? Lol, if so the damn thing grew 2 nodes so fast I didn't notice... That what is was supposed to do with that topping..

---guess I know why a watched pot never boils...

hmmmmmmmm yeah I don't think it is toooo close but it certainly is a few inches behind its siblings there. maybe cuz it got burnt a lil worse than the others. generally with topping you only want to remove 30% at max at one time to avoid harming/stressing the plant and it looks like you cut a good chunk. for the most part though they look bizzomb.

I have a question for those with experience with green light bulbs. I installed one, and the light is a lime green color, almost yellow. Is this typical?

Does this look like it will work?

100_02761.JPG

100_02742.JPG

100_02661.JPG

Ordered some Canna Rhizotonic today - should be here by the end of the week. I am thinking that I am going to up-can once it gets here.

looking pretty dope man. . . that green bulb shouldn't effect flowering.

how much water are you using for your fresca, how warm does the water get and how many GPH is the pump your using?

looking pretty dope man. . . that green bulb shouldn't effect flowering.

how much water are you using for your fresca, how warm does the water get and how many GPH is the pump your using?

Right now the water doesn't get warm. I am using a 96 gallon trash can as the rez, with a 550 GPH pump. I have the rez located in an adjacent room, which I turned off the heat to, so the room stays at about 40-50. Not sure hot hot the water gets...whenever I check it it is cool, couldn't be more than 60.

I just realized today that the "gallon" juice jug I have been using to measure my nutes is only half a gallon... The good news is that everything is at full strength, and the amazing Milky Way is actually at 1.5x strength. I am wondering, should I keep the milky way at 1.5x or even go up to 2x?? or simply go down to 1x strength for ease in feeding? (there is absolutely zero tip burn whatsoever the leaves are green through and through)

Sounds good. Thats actually what i just did. I decided to up-can today as I fed Saturday morning and the pots were dry this morning. I am still waiting on the Rhizotonic, will start using that regularly once it gets here. I haven't really been watching them that closely the pat few days and they have gotten much bigger than I thought. Here are some pics of them in their new 5 gallon pots.

Left - Milky Way, Right - L*D

milky-ld.JPG

SLH far Left

slh3.JPG

Mako Haze center

4393.JPG

Under Light

light15.JPG

Back
Top Bottom