1080w LED Inferno

ya i couldn't figure out how Edd. R. came up with that 70% loss in yield either? but it dosent sound fun..lol...

The most I've seen is 20% yield loss with a 10/14 schedule.. But that was on a strain that liked 12/12.. Some strains thrive on a 10/14 flowering schedule... Just so yeah know.. I'm not saying this is one of them But......

17% yield loss is actually more like it IMO.. 70% had to be a typo..

So even if we go with a 17% yield loss (JMO) due to the 10/14 flowering schedule........The girls got aprox 8 extra weeks of some kind of veg growth... Shouldn't/wouldn't this offset the 17-20% in yield loss.. I would think so....

Again from the looks of things.. Those are going to be some huge flowers..... Nice bro:cool:

yay!!! im happy for ya bud.good job on bringin it back bro.
Thanks brother
The most I've seen is 20% yield loss with a 10/14 schedule.. But that was on a strain that liked 12/12.. Some strains thrive on a 10/14 flowering schedule... Just so yeah know.. I'm not saying this is one of them But......

17% yield loss is actually more like it IMO.. 70% had to be a typo..

So even if we go with a 17% yield loss (JMO) due to the 10/14 flowering schedule........The girls got aprox 8 extra weeks of some kind of veg growth... Shouldn't/wouldn't this offset the 17-20% in yield loss.. I would think so....

Again from the looks of things.. Those are going to be some huge flowers..... Nice bro:cool:

ya must have been a typo for sure because i was thinking no way that can be, 2 hrs and you lose 70%..lol.. had the check just so i can sleep better.

I was thinking of either two things leaving it at 10/14 or splitting the difference and going 11/13 and seeing what happens?

but at the end 17% dosent really worry me because i have beyond the longest veg time a shit load of led lights ie. 180w and some good genetic plants that yield great.and like i said the other day i just want things to be done so i can move on. but of course i want to get some fat buds and yield.

the cool think is if you look at the pics and how the buds are forming their stacked and should produce some fat colas all over..

so whats ur thought 10/14 or 11/13??

Nice, I'm on the edge of my seat, I was considering coco but just finished starting in DWC.
Nice work Irish.

Regards,
John Whrofin

Nice, I'm on the edge of my seat, I was considering coco but just finished starting in DWC.
Nice work Irish.

Regards,
John Whrofin
i am doing CoCo on my next grow mixed with some clay pebbles in my Hempy bucket.
10/14 all the way till the end my friend...
your the boss, its the future of growing you control the grow from ur computer.lol.. 10/14 all the way..

thanks for the help on the light schedule it seemed to help. i think the mix between the light and the nutes changing helped big time. but it is very hard to say it was one or the other, i truly feel it was both but mainly the nutes. it could be the odds of that happing once i added the TRF, but the weired thing is i added the DM to the one plant a little while ago and it blew up flowering, then the other day i added some to the others then they all started flowering, so it leads me to think it was the nutes.

Glad to hear that things are moving for you! Goes to show that perlite with some OC+ or other time release medium is the best advantage.

2 hours lost light = about 17% loss of energy, don't know how that translates to 70% losses in product, but having never had this problem, I never had to work out a solution.

It's more than a 17% loss. Cutting flowering day-length to 10 hours cuts flowering period. (However many days the flowering period was shortened by * 12 hours light) would have to be counted.

It could also affect the stretch if the garden is set to 10 hours light before the plants finish stretching - which could itself be a factor in final yield.

I wouldn't think it would amount to a 70% loss either. IDK. About the only time I've seen it done was because of emergencies such as trying to lower absolute

It's more than a 17% loss. Cutting flowering day-length to 10 hours cuts flowering period. (However many days the flowering period was shortened by * 12 hours light) would have to be counted.

It could also affect the stretch if the garden is set to 10 hours light before the plants finish stretching - which could itself be a factor in final yield.

I wouldn't think it would amount to a 70% loss either. IDK. About the only time I've seen it done was because of emergencies such as trying to lower absolute

whats ur thoughts on what time i should use or what should I do IYO?

Hey Irish — I don't want to hijack your thread, but I am interested in some input on my grow from you TRF aficionados. I have been using "Vic's super soil", which is pretty similar to a number of other recipes for a "complete" mix that is supposed to be good for the duration of the grow with no added nutrients. The mix is in 3-gallon smart pots, and I am watering them with the Tropf Blumat automatic watering spikes, which keep a given moisture in the medium. Initially I used pure water through them, but I have been seeing a nitrogen deficiency for some time, so I started adding a light application of GH floramicro to the reservoir to try and bring the N up. It has helped quite a bit, but after reading about the success that you guys have been having with time-release nutrients, I am very tempted to try them. The plants are roughly half way through flowering. The Blumat spikes work by regulating water flow through a small diameter hose, so there is basically just one drip point that gets wet on the surface. I am concerned about how the TRF would work with the limited wetting point and whether or not over-fertilization might occur since the soil is supposedly nutrient-rich. Regardless, next go round I think that I will try the TRF when I can mix it in better, but I am very tempted to try it now. Anybody have some input? Thanks in advance.

I was thinking it might work if you put the whole dose of prills directly under the Blumat spike, but since the water just seeps out slowly from the Blumat, I'm not sure even doing that would work.

From what I've read, the prills need water to flow over them when you water in order to release nutes effectively, so doesn't sound like a good match to the Blumats.

When the prills release nutes, they build up on the outside surface of the prill until you water, and then they get washed off into the medium. That probably takes more flow than the slow seepage you get from the Blumats.

Spreading the prills evenly throughout the medium produces the best results, but again, I think they need flow in addition to moisture and temperature.

Finally Irish, I'm happy for you brother. Now let the flowering BEGIN... :slide:
thanks man
How about factoring in the extra veg days?

b
good point. i was wondering the same thing?
Hey Irish — I don't want to hijack your thread, but I am interested in some input on my grow from you TRF aficionados. I have been using "Vic's super soil", which is pretty similar to a number of other recipes for a "complete" mix that is supposed to be good for the duration of the grow with no added nutrients. The mix is in 3-gallon smart pots, and I am watering them with the Tropf Blumat automatic watering spikes, which keep a given moisture in the medium. Initially I used pure water through them, but I have been seeing a nitrogen deficiency for some time, so I started adding a light application of GH floramicro to the reservoir to try and bring the N up. It has helped quite a bit, but after reading about the success that you guys have been having with time-release nutrients, I am very tempted to try them. The plants are roughly half way through flowering. The Blumat spikes work by regulating water flow through a small diameter hose, so there is basically just one drip point that gets wet on the surface. I am concerned about how the TRF would work with the limited wetting point and whether or not over-fertilization might occur since the soil is supposedly nutrient-rich. Regardless, next go round I think that I will try the TRF when I can mix it in better, but I am very tempted to try it now. Anybody have some input? Thanks in advance.

i am not too sure if that would work? you would be best to just top dress the medium and just hand water for them to work well IMO.

whats ur thoughts on what time i should use or what should I do IYO?

<SHRUGS> IDK, lol. Go with your gut. I'd probably consider going back to 12:12. But then again, I've been thinking about 13L:12D. Or possibly 14L:12D. Would seem to increase the yield more than the time you'd lose from the few extra harvest days. PitA with mechanical timers, though, I bet.

<SHRUGS> IDK, lol. Go with your gut. I'd probably consider going back to 12:12. But then again, I've been thinking about 13L:12D. Or possibly 14L:12D. Would seem to increase the yield more than the time you'd lose from the few extra harvest days. PitA with mechanical timers, though, I bet.

ya the 14L:10D will increase yield ive been seeing test done. maybe ill let them get some formation of buds then try 11:13 then if it still goes smooth then 12:12 or something. i just wouldn't want to give up more yield then 20% from the lights.. its hard to say if it was the lights or just the nutes or both delaying my flowers. ive grown this stain many times under 12/12 with no troubles but maybe this cutting is from a new mom IDK? maybe its more sativa?

Sorry I am late to the grow but I had to get a seat. I just finished reading your last LED grow and had to strap in for this, hope thats ok?

its more then ok brother.. in fact your just in time things seem to be kicking off now.. its been a long long rocky road with this grow but seem to be smooth out as of now..

thanks for reading my last grow, this one is pretty long also but some very very good info everyone on 420 help to share on this thread..

kick back brother, and lets see how this one turns out?

thanks again for joining its an honor to have you here.

its more then ok brother.. in fact your just in time things seem to be kicking off now.. its been a long long rocky road with this grow but seem to be smooth out as of now..

thanks for reading my last grow, this one is pretty long also but some very very good info everyone on 420 help to share on this thread..

kick back brother, and lets see how this one turns out?

thanks again for joining its an honor to have you here.

I am going to have to jump into this one too, the Ladies are looking great and I have learned a lot from your LED grow. I am currently running my own LED grow with a Hydroponics hut 250 watt LED, 2X 50 watt plasma induction, and 2X 54 watt T5'S, Never used LED or PLasma induction so it is experimental for me, I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best and any tips I can get will be appreciated. So far they are absolutely loving the LED let me know what you think, other wise I can't wait to sit back and see how this one turns out.:popcorn::cheer:
Experimental LED/Plasma Induction Grow

Back
Top Bottom