1080w LED Inferno

i wanted to share some things ive noticed with the different TRF's. the OC+ plants seem to be overall the healthiest no yellowing or anything just green. the Purple DM has a little yellowing nothing major, while the biggest buds the Red DM as a major Cal Def and the cal mag isnt helping all that much, its way to far now to fix i believe, their still getting fat as hell but just the leaves look like shit, not fun having to mix different feeding reses for two different plants.

ive noticed the OC+ plant is frosty as hell and the Red DM is very frosty also, while hard to see because its in the very back and their over 4' tall plants the purple DM seems to be lacking in the frost area. not to sure why? all the others are just covered in resin. the Green fuse mixed with the Carbo Max made a big difference, once i feed them that a day or 2 latter their allot more resin added.

It seems as each plant set is having their own finishing times, each seat seems to be in a different stage in flowering, the red is the furthest ahead, while the Purple DM is maybe a little more ahead of the OC+. but the Red DM is further head.

the Temps have been around the upper 70's low 80's for the most part. the OC+ seems to love those temps.

next grow i am thinking about really messing around with these TRF's, 1 purple DM plant, 1 OC+ plants, 1 purple & Red DM mixed into 1 plant, and 1 OC+ & red DM mixed into 1 plant, and see what happens at the end. maybe i can find a good combo, but who knows ill have to see at the end of this grow to really make up my ind, but i just might try this?

Whatever you try, I'm here to learn from your efforts... I'm loving the OC+, but I can definitely see how the high temps can be a problem. I'd like to figure out if there's any reason to supplement it, and it looks like you are going to find the answer one way or another!

:goodjob: :goodjob: :thanks: :thanks:

IB
How come you dont use straight up soil ?

This is for everyone, is a deeper 5 gallon bucket is better than a shorter one ?

Also IB I just got my filter from that company

ive always done better with a soiless mix and i also like the Fact that the SS#4 has no foods in it so i control all the feeding. I use perlite for more air to the roots and for better drainage. ive used soil for a long time but just better results for me in soiless, different strokes for different folks, some of my friends swear by Fox Farm OF soil, some like Chevy some like Fords.

they say the deeper/taller the pot the taller the pants, the wider the pot the wider the plant.

you got that filter from that one cheaper price web site? i am about to order mine but wasn't sure if the website was legit because the prices are so dirt cheap. i was also thinking shit watch them send me a knock off.lol. whats ur thoughts on the filter so far? weight and every thing?

yeah the filter came from that cheap site i posted. weight of the package was 11#. instructions say pharm filter no logos on the filter itself, not sure if they come with them or not. came with prefilter and straps to hang it. it all looks legit

Whatever you try, I'm here to learn from your efforts... I'm loving the OC+, but I can definitely see how the high temps can be a problem. I'd like to figure out if there's any reason to supplement it, and it looks like you are going to find the answer one way or another!

:goodjob: :goodjob: :thanks: :thanks:

yes i can say that the High Temps mess with the OC+ a good amount, and not so much the DM, so if their were high temps i would use DM for sure, now maybe if we mix and match we can make a good all round combo? my question now is does the DM do just as good with the lower temps as the OC+? witch ones better in cooler temps? it might be that we have to use the DM in the summer heat and OC+ in the winter coldest? or maybe DM is a all around better TRF no matter what temp? i can clearly see that the Red DM produced the fattest buds by far, but its lacking some Micro nutes that can become a problem if you chose not to spend all the money on Cal/mag all the time, so if we mix and match will this cure the problem with the lacking Micro's? since both the OC+ and purple DM have what we need? can we get the fat buds trouble free with the Red DM this way is what i want to find out. Cal/Mag isnt cheap and my goal is to spend the least amount of money i can from now on.

at home depot i found some B1 that is very very cheap compared to the hydro store and i believe its has allot of Micro's in it. ill have to go look at it again but i am pretty sure it had Cal mag and all the good stuff. its like $4 for a gallon, while a quart at the hydro store will be around $20. so if it has the Micros then this might be a good way to go? B1 is very good for lowering the stress on the plants also and its great for transplants.

Is B1 what SuperThrive has in it? I use it for cuttings and seedlings, but I've not been using it during the grow... should I?

It sure seems like there should be a cheap supplement out there... calcium and mag are not rare chemicals... none of them are really.

Is B1 what SuperThrive has in it? I use it for cuttings and seedlings, but I've not been using it during the grow... should I?

It sure seems like there should be a cheap supplement out there... calcium and mag are not rare chemicals... none of them are really.

yes super-thrive has B1 in it and like 50 others minerals. Ive been reading on super thrive and most say to use it threw all of veg others say its snake oil, ive read of a few side x side and they said it did increase anything but a few leaves but their were also know pics so its hard to say. i use to use B1 once a week threw the whole grow and it was always good plants never looked stressed out, but not sure if it was the B1 that caused this? i should have use it this grow and seen if it lowered stress, the B1 i have in the pricey stuff at the hydro store not even sure if it still good ive had it forever.

i know Doc Bud knows of some ways to supplement Cal/Mag. cant remember though?
LOL yeah it does say ONLY phat filter on the instructions

whats this B1 you found at home depot ?

on so that was a typo? it does say Phat Filter?

its just B1 like we take. it come in a white bottle in the garden area where all the ferts are.

i also want to look into this

Shop Green Light Gallon Root Stimulator and Starter Solution at Lowes.com

yes the instructions says phat filter. i typed in pharm on accident

meant to mention also the box was discrete only had a Fragile sticker on it and the name of the company was only the initials so no way to tell who it came from

heres some good info on the B1, i think the thing is that the micros sometimes help out with some nutes, google just thought me some good stuff.

Breaking the Vitamin B-1 Myth
Does Vitamin B-1, used and touted by customers and retailers for over 50 years as an aid to help plants overcome transplant shock, really work? Or are its "results" a myth? Research performed in recent years by U.C. Davis, Sunset Magazine and others, reveals that Vitamin B-1's restorative powers have indeed been exaggerated.
Sunset's study, published in their magazine, tested the truth of B-1's claim to aid root regeneration and to bring better top growth. Using fast-growing annual marigolds, the magazine tried six different treatments. Four had vitamin B-1 in them. One had Vitamin B-1 alone, one had B-1 with phosphorous, and the other two had B-1 with 3-10-3 and 10-10-15 fertilizer respectively. The fifth treatment was simply a 10-10-15 fertilizer and the sixth was plain water.

After two weeks, new leaves and growth had occurred in all marigolds except for those given Vitamin B-1 alone; they had no growth. The marigolds that were given fertilizer alone were flowering after four weeks. The others took two more weeks to bloom. After six weeks, those same fertilized plants were bushier, greener and had more flowers. The real clincher was that the plants that were given pure water did better than those given B-1treatments! Sunset's obvious conclusion was that Vitamin B-1 appears less effective than plain water in regenerating a plant's root system after transplanting.

Almaden Valley Nursery takes pride in the fact that our own in-house tests revealed the same results two years prior to Sunset's tests, and we discontinued selling Vitamin B-1 more than eight years ago. What the study means for you is that fertilizers alone can make a big difference in getting a plant established. And we all want to do our best to start our "babies" off right!

Recognizing this, we recommend two outstanding fertilizers; Green Light Liquid Root Stimulator with a genuine IBA (Indole-3 butyric acid) rooting hormone with a starter fertilizer solution, and Dr. Earth Organic #2 Starter Fertilizer with beneficial microbes. Each of these products is formulated exclusively for transplants. Both are effective used at the time of planting, and both will produce stronger, more profusely flowering plants.

Now that the Vitamin B-1 myth has been exposed, you can confidently start your plants off right, with the help of Root Stimulator, Dr. Earth and the garden experts at Almaden Valley Nursery.

Written by:
Matt Lepow, Owner, CCNPro, B.S. Ornamental Horticulture

I love to see otheres trying the LEDS also. I am harvesting now and between the two halves of the garden 600w of LED's one side and 2000w HPS on the other I will have to say the LEDS are amazing. so far its looking like more weight from the LED side. The plants under LED's tend to bush more and fill in better where the HPS side grows in spikes toward the single source of light. Will put up picture in my journal shortly and final numbers for comparison when all is dry. these will be 600w LED's versus 2000w hps. According to my manufacturer 300w led = 1200 w hps and so far the results seem to confirm this.

I love to see otheres trying the LEDS also. I am harvesting now and between the two halves of the garden 600w of LED's one side and 2000w HPS on the other I will have to say the LEDS are amazing. so far its looking like more weight from the LED side. The plants under LED's tend to bush more and fill in better where the HPS side grows in spikes toward the single source of light. Will put up picture in my journal shortly and final numbers for comparison when all is dry. these will be 600w LED's versus 2000w hps. According to my manufacturer 300w led = 1200 w hps and so far the results seem to confirm this.

where did you get the LED's ?

let me know when u get that journal with the pics, out of the few years ive been using leds i have never seen those manufacturer claims being true or even close, the best ive seen is watt for watt. that would be crazy to see 600w of led beat 2000w of HID, but i have a hard time even imagining that. i am not saying its not what happen in ur case i just have never seen any leds do that out of the 100's of grows ive seen, so my mind cant even picture that. ive been waiting for that day for a long time, leds have come a long ways since i 1st started using them and its just going to get better and better.

what size led units are you using? (1) 600w? or (2) 300w? a few 180's? i looked a ur journal but couldn't see any pics of the whole led garden just one close up of the leds and 1 full pic of the whole HID garden. do you have any pics of the whole led garden like u have of the HID garden?

glad the led are working for you and ur happy. leds are fun to grow with. i like the fact that ur all organic, gonna be some sweet tasty buds my friend.

I am using 2 300w LED panels from ShenZhen Semiconductor I have a friend who works there in China and I've been test driving there new panel for 3 1/2 months now. She is sending me a set of 600w panels with new technology to try also. The first few types I test drove were ok for veg but sucked for flower. these ones are good for veg and dynamite for flower. They finally got the panel configuration and light spread figured out i think.Last time it was good but airy this time it's every bit if not more dense than the HPS side and more uniform flowers instead of huge tops and low yielding lower stuff. seems to encourage more growth all the way through the plant. We will know for sure when its all dried and ready. Till then keep on growing!:yummy:

I am using 2 300w LED panels from ShenZhen Semiconductor I have a friend who works there in China and I've been test driving there new panel for 3 1/2 months now. She is sending me a set of 600w panels with new technology to try also. The first few types I test drove were ok for veg but sucked for flower. these ones are good for veg and dynamite for flower. They finally got the panel configuration and light spread figured out i think.Last time it was good but airy this time it's every bit if not more dense than the HPS side and more uniform flowers instead of huge tops and low yielding lower stuff. seems to encourage more growth all the way through the plant. We will know for sure when its all dried and ready. Till then keep on growing!:yummy:

:goodluck:

Just got caught up on your journal Irish.

Lots of good discussion and exchange of ideas!

Would you say the SS4 mix retains as much water as soil?

Does the PH remain stable in SS4 through a grow? Do you add anything to it like lime when you fill your pots?

yes i would say it holds allot of water like soil, i always have to mix in perlite, because it holds allot of water. but not so much ur gonna drown ur plants. it does compact down on get hard on the surface.

now the PH can be a problem because of the peat in it. lime would be the answer, but i am never used it. i just mix my PH a little higher and it balances out. the more perlite the more stable the ph is. like on this grow PH hasn't really been a issue because of the perlite.

ive always been scared of mixing lime and screwing things up, i know it has lime in it also but it only last for so long.

all my friends dont adjust their PH and just straight tap water and well water and everything fine, i use to do the same and never had a issue. but since i went to Hempy i started Ph things to 6.0 and its fine, but on my last grow in the 5 gal pots it wanted the PH around 6.5 or higher.

Back
Top Bottom