1st Ever Grow: 450W LED, Blueberry Kush Auto & Dark Devil Auto

I'm in the process of handling it now. Not gonna make a huge deal about it considering it was extremely low cost to me for these seeds in particular.

Re: 1st Ever Grow - 450w LED - Blueberry Kush Auto & Dark Devil Auto

Well today was 11 days for the dark devils and they received their first watering with distilled pH water. They're looking really healthy and green!
The other plant is still not showing definitive signs of sex (to my knowledge). Considering that males show signs of sex before females, and this is the same age as the male I cut down, I'm hoping she gives me a sign soon. Until then, my anxiety is getting the best of me .
420-magazine-mobile1182595821.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1873499198.jpg
420-magazine-mobile312632195.jpg

Damn nope no sign yet.. i didnt know that about the males showing sooner, never read about that before. Good to know. Also idk if you should just be using plain distilled water.. it has nothing in it, just pure water. I know it sounds weird. RO water is better to use ive read
I'm aware. But with this being their first water, I would assume the ffof soil still has quite a bit of nutrients for them to utilize. Or is that something entirely separate from water?

You are right it does have plenty in the first month or so.. but yes i am thinking it is different. if i remember right using distilled water is bad to water plants with and can cause certain toxicity to build up.

I used distilled water when i got my pet frogs i have.. well its not good to use for amphibians cause they need those natural minerals to soak up and get rid of their toxins. One of them died and i had no idea it was because of the water then i looked it up even more than i had before and found out the grim truth. I had let little ted die in his own pool of toxic sludge.

Now big bill was suffering the same fate and it was all my damn fault. Now hes just a frog cause without ted there is no bill and teds excellent adventure. Now im sad again.

I wouldnt recommend using distilled water.. lol

You are right it does have plenty in the first month or so.. but yes i am thinking it is different. if i remember right using distilled water is bad to water plants with and can cause certain toxicity to build up.

I used distilled water when i got my pet frogs i have.. well its not good to use for amphibians cause they need those natural minerals to soak up and get rid of their toxins. One of them died and i had no idea it was because of the water then i looked it up even more than i had before and found out the grim truth. I had let little ted die in his own pool of toxic sludge.

Now big bill was suffering the same fate and it was all my damn fault. Now hes just a frog cause without ted there is no bill and teds excellent adventure. Now im sad again.

Damn dude, not Ted .. You're making me want to lead a boycott against distilled water. But I've thought it over and I think I'm just going to buy a fish tank pump. This way I can evaporate chlorine out of my tap water faster. Also, I've been thinking for my next grow I'll try my hand at DWC so I can utilize it for that as well.

Glad you posted this because all I see on YouTube is distilled water.

Ph is always great when it comes out the tap. After 24 hours it drops a little to low though. Ive been using baking soda to bring it back up. However I've heard mixed reviews on doing so. Not too sure if buying pH up is all that worth it.

Ph is always great when it comes out the tap. After 24 hours it drops a little to low though. Ive been using baking soda to bring it back up. However I've heard mixed reviews on doing so. Not too sure if buying pH up is all that worth it.
It is if you want a consistant PH level. PH is very important so I would suggest you get some. Baking soda isn't the greatest to be using when there is something made specific to phing water

I have very rarely had to increase the ph and then only recently with the DWC when I had issues with the ph dropping and becoming too acid. I must confess I have used sodium bicarbonate and it is powerful stuff and a little goes a long way. Fortunately, my reservoirs have now stabilised and acting as I want them to.

I guess I have never bought ph down simply because I have not needed to before and I used the sodium bicarbonate because I had to fix the issue then and there and it was all I had on hand. For the next DWC grow I will definitely have ph down on hand.

I don't know how different you'll find it to the ebb and flow, but I certainly found DWC very different to top feed recirculating. One piece of advice I will give you is to pay very close attention to the PH. After the stability I achieved with the res in my first grow, I because blasé with the DWC. Big mistake! I really should have been taking two readings per day, instead I was perhaps only taking readings every other day. I blame this on the awkwardness of taking readings under the scrog set up. Since they've gone unscrogged, I've finally got shit under control.

My biggest hurdle with starting DWC, as with this grow, is temps. Its going to be a project all of its own caliber just to keep res temps below 70.

420-magazine-mobile144789907.jpg

By the way here's a pic of my mystery child outside of the tent. About to give her a feeding. Try and ignore the drooping, she just woke up.

My ph is always right under 8 out of the tap and after i let it sit with nutes goes down to 7.4.. been slowly adding ph down the past few weeks and i just gave them their first feed with 6.7 ph tap water with nutes sitting in there for over 12 hours. They reacted very well to it it seemed. I grow in soil btw

Back
Top Bottom