1st Grow - Kingsnake235's - Soil - HID - Hash Plant & Black Indica - 2015

Thanks! Im looking forward to the rest of them! And looking forward to the next grow already!

After checking on them this afternoon and finding they were very dry already, we decided to take them down today, since we had he time anyways. Finished right around 4:20!

I didnt take any photos of the process, we all know what that looks like! I will do better documentation on my next journal!

IMG_095439.JPG
IMG_095533.JPG
IMG_095740.JPG

The colas weigh between between 60 and 80 grams wet with stem, I dont want to speculate at a total, but im happy with how its looking so far!

Thanks guys, im stoked! Definitely wouldnt have been the same if i didnt start posting here, really glad to have this community available to us.

The hanging buds are doing well, drying much slower this time. Its been a bit of a juggling act keeping the environment stable, but its sitting at 65-75F and 40-60RH depending on the time of day and if i sprayed the walls or whatever so its in range.

Ive found quite a lot of conflicting information regarding drying and curing, its something i know is very important so hopefully ill get it nailed before too many grows go by; so far so good!

Its been really nice to blaze our own smoke and not have to worry about buying more or smoking more than i can afford normally. I heard back about the ethanol, its coming from a fresh batch, so ill get it in 2 or 3 weeks; really looking forward to that as well, i love experimenting! Haha

Cheers

IMG_102928.JPG

After continuing to read multiple ideas about drying and curing i found 2 agreeable methods and decided to go for it today, during their 5th day of hanging.

While chopping it up i found that some of the larger nugs could have used another day or so but most of it was right on, dry throughout, stems bending and almost snapping.

Weigh in :
HP2 - 42.5
HP3 - 61.3
BI1 - 36.8
BI2 - 58.45

Total: 199.05

Plus the 2 LST plants (47g if i recall) put us right up over 8 almost 9 ounces total dry weight.

Damn! Im stoked on it, i was hoping for 1 ounce per plant, so to get more than 2 on a couple is great for the first go! A half pound will serve me well over the months ahead.

I havent smoke tested any of this stuff yet but it will commence shortly :)

:thanks: again to everyone whos tagged along and been helping me through things, and a huge thanks to
:420:

So the jars are looking good! Smelled a little funky for a bit, but the HP is down to 60% RH and and BI is around 62%, stems are all snapping, but the HP moreso.

Ive been testing them while they cure and definitely notice a difference in flavour, smoothness, smell and ash quality. Smoking a joint of either gives a nice fully white ash, smooth smoke and a good flavour for the first half, they both produce quite a lot of resin so the flavour dropds quickly for me. The first hit in a vapourizer smells and tastes crazy good tho! Vaping at 415F it tastes rather burnt after a few minutes toking, but hats a product of my pen and not the bud i think.

All in all im really pleased with both strains and look forward to growing them again with more experience!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

:goodjob::rollit:Came out great. .nice haul..half pound is dam great. .I just started some BI myself..I see yours there..not the color I was expecting..figure they would be blacker or dark..
Peace Brother..

Thanks everyone for joining me, apologies for disappearing, but, life happens! Ill be getting back to it as soon as possible tho, so ill be back.

Re the colour, they had some stress due to deficiencies and things which i think effected it a bit.. the colour did start coming out in some of it by the end but my camera is not good enough to really see it. I saved a few seeds and hope to see that dark shade you mention next time as well! Goodluck with yours! Its really nice smoke.

Edit to add: unfortunately that ethanol never lined up so i didnt get to make tincture and ive almost smoked/vaped it all! 2-3 grams a day is all too easy to burn through when you have it available, (and of course ive shared about a third of it) i just might chuck an auto in the yard in our interim house tho heh we will see

Summer time, seems it slows down quite a bit around here, hope it's treating you well.

I hear ya on burning through product when it's so available. Our usage has gone up a touch from the days of street weed.

Kingsnake, if you check this journal please check your PMs.

Back
Top Bottom