1st Grow - Kingsnake235's - Soil - HID - Hash Plant & Black Indica - 2015

Hey kingsnake, not sure if I've subbed up for this grow yet, so let's make it so. I might have to catch up on some reading. Better late than not at all, glad to be hear to see some nice pics of you ladies.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

hehe, its a learning experience in here; happy to have you along for the home stretch!

Day 91 - 43 of flower - beginning of week 7

3/4 of the other ladies were up for a drink this morning, but since BI1 got that extreme haircut, she's not transpiring as much as she was previously, still probing moist, so i'll give 'er a couple more days yet.

Having reviews the labels AGAIN, i determined i actually read it wrong, hahahah! classic.. so i adjusted the feeds this time; each of the 3 (HP2+3 & BI3) got:

2 gallons @ 20mL/G Heaven, 15mL/G TMax, 15mL/G BBloom, 10mL/G FMix

The hash plants are a bit spindly, but hoping they'll come around in these final weeks.. Checking the runoff showed me that one of them is drifting down to be quite acidic between feedings, pH showed ~5.5 so i bumped her second gallon up to 8pH - don't wanna flush again so i'll keep an eye on it next water.

the other 2 are right on range at 6.5 runoff, so thats nice to see.

BI3 has fattened up a bit tho! (pics below)

Black Indica 1 - gained a bit of mass since the last lighter shot, but nothing extraordinary
20160302_193115.jpg

Black Indica 2 - this girl's my favourite right now, she's been breezing along, despite the issues i've had
20160302_193215.jpg

mmmmm
20160302_193150.jpg

she's not huge, but she's looking like top notch bud - so far, this is the main one i'll keep for smoke, instead of extract
20160302_193311.jpg

Black Indica 3 - this girl comes in second for me, not quite as frosty, but getting fatter by the day - hope it keeps up!
20160302_192953.jpg

Each of the side nugs is about the same width as the crown, but not as long.
20160302_193332.jpg
20160302_193101.jpg

Hashplant 1 - not too bad, hairs are starting to turn orange on all 3 HP's
20160302_193225.jpg

Hashplant 2 - a bit spindly here, this is the one with the continued pH issues, hoping to nip it in the.. bud? hehe
20160302_193129.jpg

Hashplant 3 - funnily enough, this is the straggler from the first pages, trucking along with 2nd tallest in the tent, and the fattest buds of the HP's, glad i didnt give up on her!
20160302_193134.jpg

And heres a little shot of things to come! Big ups to CKS for the prize pack of Train Wreck+Green Crack+Sour Diesel that i received in the mail yesterday for the valentines photo contest.

Picked up the CBDream at the headshop earlier today for my CBD ambitions, and still have a couple of each BI and HP left - with the way Black indica's going i'm definitely gonna look forward to letting her grow again in the future.
20160302_193732.jpg

its looking like we won't be moving until possibly june, so theres a chance i'll get another grow in before we head out! just might squeak into that new CKS journal contest myself - maybe..

all in all, I'm looking forward to the next grow :p itching to get started with the things i've learned on this run.

:thumb:

Hey guys!

Im gonna change it up a bit here today and we'll get back to our regular scheduled programming tomorrow..

I never mentioned it, but ive had a little cloning experiment going on for the last while.. it wasnt really planned haha.. back when i was dealing with BI1s lower branches i stuck a few cuttings in a cup of water under a strong incandescent lamp and basically forgot about them.

The other day i was like "Hey! Theyre still alive? i should give hose some more water!" Lo and behold..

20160304_183301.jpg
20160304_183324.jpg

So tonight i went out and got some fresh solo cups.. well.. dollar store knockoffs.. hehe..

Anyways, tada!
20160304_190136.jpg

I am 90% certain they are black indica's so we'll see how they go. They are currently on the tent floor under 12/12 and and will just go no mercy and see if it sticks. The plan is that they will be joined by a couple CKS auto trainwrecks when these other ladies are gone to harvest, and ill get a second and third staggered harvest before we move! if that happens ill start a fresh journal for the 4 of them.

Cheers!
:high-five:

So... your Grandmother (GreatGrandmother... whatever) knew about this trick. She would put little cuttings in a cup of water and leave it in the window sill in front of the kitchen sink.
It's an old school way of cloning. Works great. Temp sensitive. I remember in the '70s they were selling plastic terrariums that were designed to fit in a window sill. Can be slow... but your granny wasn't in a hurry.

Day 94 - 46 of flower - week 7

Day94_-_ALL.JPG

Black Indica 1 was finally up for another drink today, she got:

2 gallons @ 20mL/G BHeaven, 15mL/G TMax, 15mL/G BBLoom, 10mL/G FMix + 1tsp/G Molasses + 1/2 tsp/G Baking Soda

After only 4 days, the 2 LST's were light as a feather too; after the first gallon of the same mix, HP1's pH had drifted dangerously low, so she got a second gallon to bring it back up to 6.5; BI2 took only 1 gallon to saturate.

I added molasses back into the mix at 1/3 what i was using originally because this:

Day94_-_BI3_-_IRON_DEF.JPG

At first i thought Iron def, however, according to the "Marijuana Growers Handbook" by Ed Rosenthal (p 171-172),

(shout out to VillageIdiot for the recommendation - if you don't have it, look into it!)

Fe deficiency starts in the new leaves, which lack chlorophyll but have no necrotic spots. This causes them to turn bright yellow except for the veins, which remain green. New leaves start to experience chlorotic molting, first near the base of the leaflets so the middle of the leaf appears to have a brown mark. The veins remain dark green. Note that a Fe deficiency looks similar to a Mg deficiency except for its location. Fe deficiency affects the new growth but not the lower leaves while Mg deficiency affects the middle and lower leaves first. Fe moves slowly in the plant.

And;

Mg deficiency starts in the lower leaves. The veins remain green while the rest of the leaf turns yellow, exhibiting chlorosis. The leaves eventually curl up, and then die. The edges of affected leaves feel dry and crispy.
(mods, im unclear on rules surrounding quoting printed material, hope this is ok)

^^ this sure sounds like what i've noticed on some of the leaves of the other big girls, after trimming the fans, a combination of both symptoms really - but moreso, as in the picture above, a Mg deficiency.

My molasses contains, Ca, Mg, and Fe in large quantities (compared to non-organic non-blackstrap molasses anyways) so i dosed the 3 of them (HP1, BI1+2) to be safe, figuring that its ok now, having flushed my prior zeal from their root bases.. hehehe..

other than that, they're all showing the standard N def this late into flower, dropping the odd leaf here and there, but nothing too serious. Having taken BI1 out for a while today and inspecting her, im happy with her density and maturity. Hoping my magnifier gets here on monday so i can keep an eye on the trich's in these final weeks, as the HP's pistils are turning more and more orange each day.

Real sticky, all of them. I can hardly touch them, even if i rub my arm against one accidentally, itll smell for hours if i dont wipe it off.. mmmmm…

smell my fingers! hehehe

:loopy:

Day 97 - 49 of flower - last day of week 7

I was really hoping my magnifier would be here yesterday or today, but the latest projected shipping date is tomorrow, hehe.. cuttin it close!

6 days since watering HP2+3, BI3, all getting fed today. 3 days since watering the LST's - BI2 is light again on account of her leaves. I'll certainly refrain from so much defoliation next time - i was a bit ambitious.

all the above got 1 Gallon @ 20mL/G BHeaven, 20mL/G TMax, 5mL/G molasses, 1/4tsp baking soda for pH 7 (except the LST, cause she got molasses last time)

figuring since this is the last week or 2, we're done with the heavy nutes, and this will be their last dose of supplements before going to straight water until the end - i'm projecting 1-2 more rounds of water, then a good dry till harvest, probably with a period of darkness to finish.

Black Indica 1 - the longest cola
20160308_130110.jpg

Black Indica 2 - the frostiest cola
20160308_130142.jpg
20160308_130149.jpg
20160308_130206.jpg

Black Indica 3- the widest, fattest cola
20160308_130100.jpg
20160308_130104.jpg

20160308_130217.jpg

Hash Plant 3 - straggler turned out to be best of the Hashplants - both others are similar, but not as plump
20160308_130117.jpg
20160308_130124.jpg

Clones - doing well, starting to re-veg by the looks of it - waiting for some vertical growth so i know the roots are developing before i top them.
20160308_130238.jpg

Getting close to the finish line for these girls, it won't be long now. Here's hoping that magnifier gets here tomorrow so i can really get a look at whats going on.

cheers!

not 100% yet.. hang dry in the tent mostly, fans on, heater nearby. i have the empty closet as well if i need a bit more space and the clones dont need the HID right now so they can be moved for a while.
planning to try freeze drying a sample of it; its mentioned in the handbook and sounds promising, i like to use science when i can, haha - and sublimation's just too easy.

so yeah, slow hang dry for a few days, then i'll put a sample in the freezer to compare later, when the rest of the hanging stuff is dry i'll jar it all. i might put a little bit in the dehydrator to get a fast sample dried, but not much.

gotta grab jars and find a few small hygro's for them still if i can, as well as some spring loaded trimming snips; i'm fallin behind on that stuff haha, kinda snuck up on me.

:bitingnails: i knowww; i'm trying to be optimistic, but until that magnifier gets here its anybodies game. (it hasnt shown yet today)

of course if they need more time, they'll get it; im just basing that off an 8-9 weeks schedule, so we'll see!

not sure if you heard that, but that was the sound of my bubble bursting.

... bahaha

haha, its all good! this is no time to rush it :)

i appreciate the grounded reminder

:yummy:Just got done reading your journal. .very nice. .great looking plants:goodjob:

hey, thanks man! hope it was a decent read, haha; glad to have you along for the home stretch!

:thanks:

Day 97 - 49 of flower - last day of week 7

I was really hoping my magnifier would be here yesterday or today, but the latest projected shipping date is tomorrow, hehe.. cuttin it close!

6 days since watering HP2+3, BI3, all getting fed today. 3 days since watering the LST's - BI2 is light again on account of her leaves. I'll certainly refrain from so much defoliation next time - i was a bit ambitious.

all the above got 1 Gallon @ 20mL/G BHeaven, 20mL/G TMax, 5mL/G molasses, 1/4tsp baking soda for pH 7 (except the LST, cause she got molasses last time)

figuring since this is the last week or 2, we're done with the heavy nutes, and this will be their last dose of supplements before going to straight water until the end - i'm projecting 1-2 more rounds of water, then a good dry till harvest, probably with a period of darkness to finish.

Black Indica 1 - the longest cola
20160308_130110.jpg

Black Indica 2 - the frostiest cola
20160308_130142.jpg
20160308_130149.jpg
20160308_130206.jpg

Black Indica 3- the widest, fattest cola
20160308_130100.jpg
20160308_130104.jpg

20160308_130217.jpg

Hash Plant 3 - straggler turned out to be best of the Hashplants - both others are similar, but not as plump
20160308_130117.jpg
20160308_130124.jpg

Clones - doing well, starting to re-veg by the looks of it - waiting for some vertical growth so i know the roots are developing before i top them.
20160308_130238.jpg

Getting close to the finish line for these girls, it won't be long now. Here's hoping that magnifier gets here tomorrow so i can really get a look at whats going on.

cheers!

Just let the Bud touch your coke and its Cool from all that frostiness...Very good crystallization

just a quick note i forgot to log yesterday;

BI2 got 1 gallon @ 15mL/G Heaven, 15mL/G TMax, 5mL/G Bloom - i think… totally slipped my mind cause i only did the one.

and i hit the clones with a splash each of 2mL/L Fmix and 2mL/L Heaven to get some N in their systems; both are showing new growth.

i'll do another photo update tomorrow when i water the 4 big girls

Back
Top Bottom