1st Grow - Kingsnake235's - Soil - HID - Hash Plant & Black Indica - 2015

Day 103 - 55 of flower, end of week 7

Gave the tall girls 15mL/G Heaven, TMax, Bloom - HP3+BI3 took 2 gallons each, and BI3 got 1tsp Molasses/G

The LST's are still moist, probably good for a day or two yet.

Clones both show new growth and pistils under 12/12 - watering every 3-4 days

Now on with the pictures!

Black Indica 1 - tips are a bit yellow, but the today's molasses should keep it in check till the end
Day103_-_BI1.jpg
Day103_-_BI1_-_Crown.jpg

Black Indica 2 - still the frostiest
Day103_-_BI2.jpg
Day103_-_BI2_-_Crown.jpg

Black Indica 3 - measured the crown, its ~2 inches in diameter and ~6 inches around, definitely the fattest of the bunch.
Day103_-_BI3.jpg
Day103_-_BI3_-_Crown.jpg

Hash Plant 1 - kinda scrawny, but all the HP's are really dense
Day103_-_HP1.jpg
Day103_-_HP1_-_Crown.jpg

Hash Plant 2 - again kinda thin, but dense
Day103_-_HP2.jpg
Day103_-_HP2_Crown.jpg

Hash Plant 3 - the best of the hashplants, gettin her lean on. Also the most dense
Day103_-_HP3.jpg
Day103_-_HP3_-_Crown.jpg

All 3 Hash Plants
Day103_-_Hashplants.jpg

Pretty sure both these clones are from Black Indica 1's bottom branches; about 90% sure, haha..

Clone 1 - gettin new frost and pistils already
Day103_-_55_-_Clone1.jpg
Day103_-_55_-_Clone1_-_Crown.jpg

Clone 2 - vigorous new growth on the bottom
Day_103_-_55_-_Clone2.jpg

Day103_-_55_-_Clone2_-_Crown.jpg

Full Tent
Day103_-_ALL.jpg

So thats that for now! I was runnin low on smoke last night, so i grabbed a popcorn nug from HP3 and BI2 to test 'em out a bit. Still quite heady, im assuming the trich's are mostly clear still (magnifier hasnt showed up yet) but it was all quite potent, only had 1-2 tokes each time.. still low though, hehe so i might have to snag another nug off the other plants. I quick-dried in my toaster oven at 150F, it was ok i guess.

also, looks like i maaay have found a local source for ethanol, fingers crossed on that one so i can make tincture.

oh if anyones interested, you may have noticed that i got most of my pics to show up in true colour; i figured it out by accident on BI3, if you point your device in the tent and then cover and uncover the lens, the camera restarts and shows up without the yellow! give it a shot! btw, i use a samsung tablet for taking pictures, i think IOS devices wont do that, due to their camera, but maybe!

:high-five:

Oh yeah eventually thats the plan, but riht now im not living in a place that is conducive to the use of a still and i only need like a half litre to experiment with. One day!

Been out of the game with the flu for a few days, but everythings looking good.

After 3 weeks of waiting, i ordered a second microscope. It showed up first, lol. Luckily we are just approaching peak maturity by the looks of it, so all is well.

BI3 is showing the most amber so far, about 20 to 30% on the crown, but most everywhere else on all plants is clear and cloudy.

That being said im starting them all on plain water from today on, and i picked up a couple pairs of snips yesterday, so after i grab jars ill be good to go. If anyone can point me in the direction of reliable mini hygrometers with guaranteed sshippin, thatd be swell. Right now i figure ill just throw my little one into one jar and wing it from that reading, cant seem to find them anywhere.

Found this on the net since ya was talking about the leaf problems

Plant_I_D_.jpg

It should help with future problems.

So, its been 15 days since we debated their finishing time, after checking all the plants with both magnifiers and smoke testing each of them, i think the LSTs are gonna come down tomorrow morning before the lights come on and ill give the rest of the ladies some more time to dry out before i leave them in the dark for a couple days. Wifes out of town for about 5 days so im thinking by the time she gets back the first 2 will almost be ready for jars and the other 4 will be ready to take down.

Some of the lower buds on the larger plants are still mostly clear, while the upper buds are mostly cloudy with a good amount of amber, which is what im looking for for tincture. The LSTs ill keep for smoke i think, since bi2 is nice and frosty and hp1 has a more heady high, that way ill get a bit of everything from this harvest.

Lights just came on and the wife leaves in a couple hours so ill do some good trich scanning today to make sure im on point, but i think this will work out fine.

Ill just hang the first 2 over the light while the others finish and in the meantime ill run out and grab some fresh jars.

Ill try and get some pics thru the scope with my tablet too, doesnt work so well tho. Also those little clones are going really well, ill get some pics up later today!

20160324_203205.jpg
20160324_203222.jpg
20160324_203241.jpg
20160324_203427.jpg

I think that micro shot is from hashplant 3 but its the only good one i got, the higher mag shows mostly cloudy throughout the tent.

Bi2 lst is about 70 cloudy 20 clear 10 amber with the hp1 lst being about 60,30,10 so those are the ones ill chop first, havent decided yet if im gonna do it in the morning or not.. hmm.

But yeah anyways, the rest ill leave for a while still and let them ripen a bit, especially the lower nugs. The hairs on bi3 have yet to darken so she at least has some time.. the hashplants both look about done but the cystals arent quite there yet.

I get mine at the pet supply store..they use them in the snake and lizard cages believe it or not..call some pet stores...if you have s petsmart there in canada theres where i get mine..or a cigar store has them
Been out of the game with the flu for a few days, but everythings looking good.

After 3 weeks of waiting, i ordered a second microscope. It showed up first, lol. Luckily we are just approaching peak maturity by the looks of it, so all is well.

BI3 is showing the most amber so far, about 20 to 30% on the crown, but most everywhere else on all plants is clear and cloudy.

That being said im starting them all on plain water from today on, and i picked up a couple pairs of snips yesterday, so after i grab jars ill be good to go. If anyone can point me in the direction of reliable mini hygrometers with guaranteed sshippin, thatd be swell. Right now i figure ill just throw my little one into one jar and wing it from that reading, cant seem to find them anywhere.

nice one! thanks for the tip. I had no idea they were used for pets as well.. theres no big outlet where i live, but there are a couple smaller pet stores that might carry them; cheers!

oh, haha.. also, i slept in this morning. so.. the LSTs will come down tomorrow.. nice and dry now, i might just leave the lights off a bit longer tomorrow morning so i can get to it in the dark..

hilarious cause i got some Timewarp from a friend last night, smoked it at around 11 and was eventually like "damn, its 3am?" that stuff sure lives up to its name.

Nice grow wish my buds looked like that!

thanks; i definitely learned a lot for next time, but im happy with how things have turned out so far!

I see you have a clone at week 7 of flower am I able to take a clone from a week 9 flower plant? King snake I see your from Canada have you used medione or remo's nutrients yet?

Yeah, you can take a clone anytime really, just the longer into flower you are thr longer it will take to go back to vegetative state; these ones went right back to 12/12 after rooting so here wasnt much veg time, but im sure you could grow them under 18-24 to get more height out of them for a full plant.

I am in canada, but i havent used or actually heard of either of those brands! Ill check them out

Day 115 - 67 of flower

LST Harvest Day!

I left the lihts off for an extra couple hours this morning to give me time to get them one at a time in the dark, both were nice and droopy, well dried out.

HP1 on the chopping block
20160326_101044.jpg

Split and hung
20160326_105806.jpg

BI2
20160326_105855.jpg
20160326_113025.jpg

The 2 central colas
20160326_113037.jpg

Snip snip
20160326_105818.jpg

The tent above the light is at about 78f/45RH and 86F/38RH under it. If its going to fast ill have to raise the humidity, but its ok for now. I may water one of the others soon, so thatll raise it a bit.

No wet weight on account of all the stem, but i might do it and post back haha

After 24 hours things are looking good, the buds have started to lose a bit of moisure, the black indica is nice and frosty, im glad i left so many sugar leavs on!

The hashplant smells amazing, really sweet and pungent.

Humidity was a bit low still, and the other girls were getting quite dry so i gave them each a gallong of plain water. That will probably be the last meal for at least hp2 or 3, 2 is showing mostly cloudy while 3 is larger and showing a bit more clear, so they have at least another 6 days or so to dry out.

Alright! So i was worried ut may have been drying too fast due to the low humidity, but everything seems ok so far. They are in jars with bi2 around 70% and hp1 around 60% RH,

Black indica 2 weighed 23.9g dry
Hash plant 1 weihed 19.6g dry

So about 1.75 ounces from the 2 LSTs, im happy with that.

He issue i had with drying is that the outside dried faster than the stems, and in an effort to make sure it didnt dry too much, i jarred them. So the stems are a bit soft still and not snapping, even tho the main stems i cut the buds from were snapping a bit when i jarred. Im hoping that buroing the jars is going to resolve that over time but for now iiv put the bi on some parchment paper on the counter to dry it out a bit more. Both of them smoke fine, subtle flavours so far, but really nice smooth smoke and a good potency, you can feel the CBN for sure and i get no anxiety from the low THC, so all in all im stoked on it!

Bi2
20160331_130026.jpg
20160331_130144.jpg

Hp1
20160331_130116.jpg

Ive got the other girls drying out in what will be their last light cycle, then tmw ill leave them in he dark for the next 2 days and chop them on sunday!

Bi3 crown is about 30% amber, im good with that. After sampling both batches in jars im not worried about potency at all, both are great! The BI is a nice heavy stone while the hp is lighter but still very much indica.

Looking forward to make some tincture. Finally heard back from the ethanol source so ill hopefully get some of their next batch of 80% high test ethanol!

Very awesome kingsnake! Nugs in the jars, we got nugs in the jars :yahoo: Congratulations on the harvest it looks really good. Enjoy the homegrown man, it's very satisfying to say the least. You ought to be proud, it's alot of work. :goodjob:

KiG brother :green_heart:cheers

Back
Top Bottom