1st Medical Grow, 3 Strains in 2x4 Hydrohut

Hey everyone...sorry I skipped a day....batteries died on my camera and forgot to pick them up at the store....

Not much has been done to the ladies since the watering 2 days ago. I will be starting a nutrient feeding on bubble most likely tonight or tomm. I am going to check the soil to see how much water these babies are sucking up. Other than that not much has been done to them.

Yesterday I went thru the canopy very carefully pushing all large fan leaves below the screen allowing more light to penatrate to the lower bud sites and leaves. I really don't want to trim the ladies in flower unless absolutely necessary so I figured tucking them would be much easier and non stressfull.

The canopy now looks nice....tall tops starting to develop some nice white buds and really starting to stack on the lower bud sites!!!! On my Blue Dragon's alone I counted over 30 tops!! My goal is to yield a 1/2lb off of this grow, since it is my first one I at least hope to achieve that dry, but we will see..Right now I am pumping these ladies with 1000w (400w mh + 600w HPS), temps at canopy level are around 83-84 degrees and RH has been staying pretty constant around 40%. During the dark period, temps usually drop into the high 60s so there is a good temp drop of 15+ degrees during night which I read is good!

I have not checked the soil today for any larvae of fungus gnats but the other day I sifted through and found none.....so hopefully I have managed to disrupt there cycle and stop them in there tracks...

Here are the photo's for today June 6th, Day 13 of Flowering!!!
Tent Overview
DSC018451.JPG

Another tent overview
DSC01853.JPG

My Chemband's
DSC018483.JPG

My Blue Dragon's
DSC018472.JPG

My University Hill's OG's
DSC018492.JPG

Close up of the Blue Dragon Bud
DSC018461.JPG

Close up of my Blue Dragon (twin towers)
DSC018501.JPG

Close up of my Chemband bud
DSC01852.JPG

Close up of my University Hill's OG bud
DSC01851.JPG

Love to hear your comments, suggestions or anything else...also would love to have my thread rated......anyone?? lol

Today June 7th, Day 14 of flowering!!! Start of week 3!!!

Not much besides feeding the ladies today! Gave them all my bubbled nutrient mix, left the ph alone at 4.9 because I am doing organics and learning to trust my soil, which so far is working pretty well! Flowers now are present on all 3 straings and really starting to fill in nicely!!

Here are today's photos, I shot these with a flash, right before the lights came on, so you can see how healthy and green they look!!!

Tent overview
DSC018652.JPG

Tent overview from side
DSC018642.JPG

My Blue Dragon's
DSC01854.JPG

DSC01857.JPG

My Chemband's
DSC018551.JPG

Close up of my Blue Dragon's bud
DSC018582.JPG

Close of of my Blue Dragon Twin towers
DSC018612.JPG

Close up of my Chemband buds
DSC018602.JPG

Close up of my University Hill's OG buds
DSC018623.JPG

Here are some photo's after my MH fired up...without the HPS...
Full Tent
DSC018681.JPG

Full tent side angle
DSC01873.JPG

Another side angle
DSC01872.JPG

My Blue Dragon's
DSC018701.JPG

My Chemband's
DSC018691.JPG

My University Hill's OG
DSC01871.JPG

Close up of Blue Dragon Bud
DSC01874.JPG

My Blue Dragon twin towers
DSC01875.JPG

Close up of the Chemband buds
DSC01876.JPG

Close up of my University Hill's Og buds

DSC018771.JPG

Looking great ice I told you it was the perfect time to throw those ladies into flowering I cant wait to see the final yield kind of cool were only like a day apart lol

I'm real glad that I flipped them when I did...these things are still stretching...every day when I look at them I'm like...HOLY Shi!!!! I couldn't imagine if I would have waited another week..right now the plants stand at about 4 feet on the sides....

Thanks for stopping in Crower!! your ladies are looking great!! its cool that were in the same stage so I can compare my progress with someone who has grown before!!!! If your anywhere near Southern Cali....we should have a sampling party when done!!

I'm real glad that I flipped them when I did...these things are still stretching...every day when I look at them I'm like...HOLY Shi!!!! I couldn't imagine if I would have waited another week..right now the plants stand at about 4 feet on the sides....

Thanks for stopping in Crower!! your ladies are looking great!! its cool that were in the same stage so I can compare my progress with someone who has grown before!!!! If your anywhere near Southern Cali....we should have a sampling party when done!!

I think you know already that im in so cal the last numbers of my name give away the area code lol:bong:

I think you know already that im in so cal the last numbers of my name give away the area code lol:bong:

acutally didn't know that one....lol...I'm in the OC..

The ladies are looking great!!! It looks like these girls are going to put out alot. How many plants are there total under the net?

Thanks for stopping thru Surfin!!! I have 6 total under the net/screen...2x blue dragons in the middle, 2x chembands on the right, 2x university hill's og on the left...

I am hoping that they do well however there still is a lot of time left and room for mistakes with this first grow so I hope for the best!!

Today is June 8th, Day 15 of flowering!!!

Well the ladies continue to impress me daily!! They seem to have stopped stretching but the buds are really starting to thicken up on all 3 strains. Not much is needed today besides WW3 with these fungus gnats!!!!

After inspecting the soil of all the pots...I seem to have killed all the fungus gnat larvae with my combination of steaming, neem/azamax/mosquito dunk soil soak....however, I noticed a bunch of tiny little ones crawling around on the outsides of my pots.... they look like little crawling flecks of dust...hardly can be seen by the naked eye, except for the fact if you stare long enough at the black pots, you will notice the little flecks moving... Man!!!! I am getting real frustrated with these things...!!!!!! I have tried 80% of what is recommended, and none of it seems to work like it should....So today...another solution!!!

Since I didn't see any in the soil, and don't want them to lay more eggs, I found another natural solution for many pests, including fungus gnats....
I boiled some water, bought some pepermint/spearmint tea bags and made 2 cups of peppermint tea.... In each cup I also soaked a Camel Ciggarette and added a few drops of Habenero Hot sauce...(a drop will have you in pain). I mixed this solution up with 10ml of neem oil into a spray bottle and went to work....

I made sure to cover the entire top of the soil with this mix, wet but not saturated, as well as cover the entire outside of the 5 gallon pots. I read that peppermint will keep away many pests, cigarette water will kill many pests, and habenero peppers area also known to kill and deter pests from infesting your plants.... I found a couple little buggers crawling around and sprayed them with the mix...instant death!!!! Hopefully this will work and keep the newly hatched adults at bay..... I also have about 8 yellow stickys placed all over the pots, soil, hanging above and below the canopy so I hope this catches any lucky adults that don't parrish in the spray....

Tonight just before the lights go off, I will also be doing a very light spraying to the underside of my fan leaf canopy, I will not spray any buds and this will be a very light spraying, but I do want to make sure that none of these pests get worse.....

I also have been noticing that some of my larger lowest fan leaves have been turning yellow slowly and dropping. I know this is normal once you hit flowering due to the plant changing hormones for flowering so I am not concerned because it is only about 1 fan leaf a day or 2 per plant....nothing extreme.... The one thing that caught my eye was upon inspection of one of the fallen dead leaves, I found a small little crawling white bug on the leaf...looked to me after using my 30x lupe, possibly a spider mite....This is another reason tonight I want to do a light foliage spray because hot peppers and peppermint seems to be a notable deterent and preventive measure on many forums I have searched.... I did not see any others after careful inspection of many fan leaves, both tops and undersides so I hope it was a fungus gnat that I mis-diagnosed.... My plants to not exhibit any signs of spider mite damage and I also read that the yellow stickys should help with these....God I hope that I do not have any more pest issues....I am using all new and sterile environment, I do not want to believe that it is my happy frog soil or the organic compost that let these little fu#kers in, however, for my next grow, I will be baking the soil first and mixing in mosquito dunks and diatomacious earth into the mixture as well....

UHHGGGGG!!! I am so sick of fighting these little pests!!! Its not like I leave doors or windows open and it is not easy access into the tent, besides when I open it to tend to the plants.....I am happy that so far I seem to be winning but damn this has added a lot of frustration to something that shouldn't be so difficult with the "supposed" solutions that I am using...

I am happy that the ladies are still looking healthy and growing very well....lets hope I can keep these pests to a min...

Here are today's photos, June 8th, Day 15 of flowering...

Tent overview

DSC01889.JPG

Another Tent overview

DSC01881.JPG

My Chemband's

DSC01882.JPG

My Blue Dragon's

DSC01883.JPG

DSC01884.JPG

A close up of the Blue Dragon bud

DSC01885.JPG

A close up of my Blue Dragon Twin towers

DSC01886.JPG

A close up of my Chemband bud

DSC01887.JPG

A close up of my University Hill's OG bud

DSC01888.JPG

GREAT looking SCrOG!!! Can't wait to see this finished out my friend!! +rep

Appreciate it GT!!! I so far am pretty happy with how everything is coming along for my first go at it...!!! Except for these damn fungus gnats, things couldn't be smoother, but I guess it adds excitement to the whole thing...lol...

I couldn't be happier so far...but drying/curing makes me nervous....I know that is one of the more critical steps to achieving the best meds....I have already started researching it and will gladly accept any guidence that can be provided when that time comes....I know were still at least a month to month and a half out...my blue dragon is supposed to be a 7 week finish but the chemband and University Hill's Og are a little longer at 9 weeks I was told...

We will see and I will be watching the trichomes closely.....

I subscribed to your Youtube....looking forward to see your progress!

Thanks for checking out my 1st grow...stay tuned as the more exciting part is getting closer!!

Back
Top Bottom