1st Timer's Indoor Soil Grow Journal 2010

1st timer

:thumb: Hi to all,Welcome to my grow Journal. This is a first grow for me ( a bit of a experiment ) I started off with some seeds in a bag(good shit) thought i'd give it a go at growing.I germinated 10 seeds and all sprouted within a few days,i was going to grow outdoors,but with the crappy British weather against me i decided to buy some lights and do a closet grow.I'm using two different types of compost....J.Arthurs Bowers multi-purpose compost and New Horizon -Organic and Peat free multi-purpose compost (to see how they vary).Lights are 3x125 watt cfl (2x 6400k 1x2700k).PH of soil is too high(i'm using bone and fish meal to try and lower).All my plants are in 11 ltr pots,watering about every 4-6 days.I am already 4 weeks in veg,haven't used any nutes yet as there was already some in the compost,soon i will be using Miracle Grow slow release all purpose plant food(it's not ideal,but it's what i got). I have 10 plants but only enough room for 6 under my lights,as and when they show sex i will get rid of the males and move the others to the lights(hoping they are not all males). Thats basically it for now. Big thanks go out to the 420 community,i have learnt so much and am still learning,so feel free to leave a comment.:peacetwo:

:hookah:
CRIM00112.JPG
CRIM00092.JPG
CRIM00082.JPG
CRIM00052.JPG
CRIM00031.JPG
CRIM00022.JPG
rsz_1crim0003.jpg
rsz_1crim0005.jpg
rsz_1crim0006.jpg
CRIM00041.JPG

nice looking setup... but what is the shiny stuff on the dirt and whats the purpose of it..

:hookah: Hi Jo Jo, I couldn't get hold of any mylar to line my closet so i used a emergency blanket to do so,i had some left over so decided to cut some circles stick to some card and place on top of soil......The idea being the light will reflect of it. I got the idea of someone else's grow journal, i'm not sure whether it will do any good,but i thought i'd give it a try. Thanks for passing by.:peacetwo:

Nice grow so far mate. Any new updated pics? ive started flowering now as uve seen. Only have the one plant though so my job is made a lot easier!

From what ive read try and stay away from the miracle grow! I myself dont have proper nutes but i got some B&Q's own organic tomato fertilizer. The plants upto 60cm now aswell which is only 10 off optimum so it cant be too bad. Starting to see little pistils come off the plant now as well. Very exciting times for a first timer! Looks like u also got the same lights as me. So far theyve done me rather well, im thinking of investing in another one though as the bottom leaves just seem a bit ill :(

Keep it going, everything looks good!

:bravo:

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

:hookah:......I have read many a good journal on this site,one's that go into alot of detail and are updated regular(Big thumbs up to you guys) i'm afraid this journal aint one of them.But it is time for a update.:hookah::hookah: Out of the 10 plants from bagseed i started with,4 turned out to be male,and the 3 that were outside got attacked by snails,all were pulled,which leaves me with 3 under the lights,2 females and 1 still unknown.
CRIM0043.JPG
CRIM00381.JPG
CRIM00401.JPG
CRIM0042.JPG

damn cant believe I missed this one ... lookin great bro!!!!

looking nice & healthy, +Reps :popcorn:

:hookah: Cheers Transplant .....:thumb: I'm suprized at how well they are doing,considering my PH is over 7 and i'm using miracle grow slow release all purpose plant food. All i'm doing is watering every 4-5 days,thou i did top feed them with Blood, Fish and Bone meal. My nxt grow i will make sure i get my PH correct to begin with. :peacetwo: Dude and thxs for Reps :hookah::hookah::hookah:

damn cant believe I missed this one ... lookin great bro!!!!

:hookah::hookah: Ha Ha Cheers Bro ......You haven't missed much, i'm just letting the girls do their own thing.It is a exciting time to see Buds on a plant you have grown from seed. I'm looking forward to smoking some Home Grown Bud :hookah::hookah: .......... :peacetwo: Bro :thumb:

Hey bro nice looking ladies it's very inspiring to see what can be done as I have a very similar setup, exact same light I think. Mine are at 3 weeks hope they can grow as big as those colas! Are you using the red-spectrum bulb though, cause in the pics it looks like the 6500k.

Hey bro nice looking ladies it's very inspiring to see what can be done as I have a very similar setup, exact same light I think. Mine are at 3 weeks hope they can grow as big as those colas! Are you using the red-spectrum bulb though, cause in the pics it looks like the 6500k.
:hookah::hookah: Cheers Bro...Yes i am using the red spectrum bulb (2700k) under the reflector,but also using 2 6500k for side lighting.:goodluck:
with ur grow :hookah::hookah::peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom