2018 Organic Greenhouse Grow: 6 Strains

I have a gallery going anyone can view. But here are a few nice ones. My laptop may be a pos and I was ready to have it or something but the grows looking good. Knock on wood.. All are still here too.

They are soaking the long days. I'm having a hell of a time not backing up into things. There's an auto being eaten up in there somewhere . Also 6 dukes on an old scrog top. 10 or so melons. Ditto for peppers. 5 Brussel sprouts 10 chrysanthemums and 7 big ass eggplants.

What's up KGG, just stopped in for a visit, man those plants are filling up your greenhouse. I'm not sure about the iron deficiency, i'll someone more knowlegable than me. Finally we are getting some rain.

cheers

What's up KGG, just stopped in for a visit, man those plants are filling up your greenhouse. I'm not sure about the iron deficiency, i'll someone more knowlegable than me. Finally we are getting some rain.

cheers
Hey there Zincite. Sounds like you're local. Yes we need rain still. Here in my neck of the woods storms seem to break up and fade away over Augusta. I'm in this weird zone. Thank God I have 2 wells. Watering gardens and gh is now critical. Now the fun starts. Harvesting. Yup seeing raspberries, spag squash and gr beans in my sleep.
The plants in the gh look so much better. Liquid iron did the trick. Now I need to work on security, getting off fans in place and lifting up the gh by 2 feet. Just need 5 more guys. This is easy with my setup. My gh is 21 yrs old(old enough to buy me a beer or six.) and been thru lots. I'll be showing more soon. Thanks for checking in, Ken

Pulling up a chair and bringing a notebook. Really looking forward to seeing this through. What region are you in? Just curious as I am in Blew’s neck of the woods and wondering when I might be seeing some bloom transition with my first outdoor grow.

Good luck!
Welcome, l'm in Augusta way out on east side by Togus. The dry zone.
For past 4 years I usually see pompoms by mid August with most strains. MOB was my earliest, full bloom by mid July. Too bad my cut was just early crap.
Glad to help or get help anytime.
Please ask away. I'm new to journaling. I may not know what others care to see or hear. I'm surrounded by consumers but not a single fellow grower. Too bad not only can I help with doing the right thing for how I grow but I can tell you how to f@*# it all up too! Been there killed them. Kill and learn.

Good luck
Ken

Its been a crazy couple of weeks. Busy as hell and having a blast. Today I started securing the gh. Had a dream about getting cleaned out. Seeing suspicious cars. Not normal. So I went Magiver a bit.
Here's a few pics of under their canopy. First mulched early June with grass clippings sprayed with fish fert. Yeah it friggin' stank for a day but oh well.

My feeding schedule Is weekly using rough compost soaked and strained. Diluted 3 to 1

I did this twice alternating weekly between compost tea and fish fert mixed w few drops of vitamins. Each plant got. 5 gals. Then straight water every day. I gave water using a hose. This way I got the mulch
wet and all the nutes got watered in.
By mid July I stopped pinching growth tips, bending and tying to cages and making knuckles. This is where I guessed - is it too soon to stop? Well their growth was unexpected. My first serious in the ground grow.
I didn't want to stunt anything. Well let me say they grow like nuts with the heat, sun and root run. I measured 18' of growth in two weeks.

Now I need to get the soil ready for flowering. The old mulch was getting thin. These pics show their feet.

Here I took my compost and spread a good 3' around the base all the way out to the drip line. This compost had lots of bone meal mixed in just as it reached peak heat. Couldn't hold my hand inside pile..

All this had its bumps too. An Iron deficiency and a calcium deficiency. Food for thought I need to add oyster shells to compost and spread shells on beds before I plant a winter cover crop.

Here's what they look like as of today.

My next project is liftting up the gh and putting in a skirt. Then the heater. Thank God its fun.

Well the humidity is making working in gardens fun. Gotta love it. I got the ladies on 0-10-10 fish fert. No foul fish smell either. My Bubba kush has started flowering. Tested my soil. P.H. is 5.9 N.P. came in high K. was a bit lower.
Things are going good so far. I've been given a lesson on cannabis growth. This is my first serious outdoor grow in the ground. Sure, I threw a handful of seeds by the compost pile years ago, when I forgot about them till fall. Nothing impressive, seeds were from what we called commercial weed. My other outdoor grows were in pots. I used a mix of soil, compost and old pro mix from prior years pots and window boxes. They grew well but keeping them watered was a pain. Forget, get sick or your nephew promises to water them for you and he forgets only I day and they wilted like nuts. Plants are tough and bounced back, but l knew the roots took a beating. Not good. So plan was to burry the pots this year or use the greenhouse. I knew they would grow larger, but this was a bit more than I had hoped for. The growth is nuts. Lots of lessons here. I can see what the cause and effect is and by tracing back on a top I see where there's a knuckle or a pinch and even a screw up. All of these points correspond with photos and dates. Will give me something I can use to make next years grow way more complicated then it has to be. lmao I play around its how I learn .

Sorry, keypad locked up. So I was left with plants touching the poly on the back sides and tops less than a foot from it. Decided to lift the gh up again. Been awhile since I'd done it. It went well. They gained 16 more inches to grow. I cam always go higher later. Here are some pics.

Here's what's going on inside

Its been a busy week. Harvest time for some vegetables and still no beneficial rain. Driest summer in at least 10 years. At least. Watering the ladies twice a week. About ten gallons each plant. Aphids are all over eggplant so I'll be praying or dusting with D.E. powder leftover from our swimming pool days. Hopefully I can nip this in the bud. I don't want to pull them out. They're full of fruit.

Laptop did it again, locked me out midway thru last post. Ok so all strains are now blooming, some slower than others but normal. I decided to use pre made betting Instead of going homemade. Too much like work. Ha So I put in what I had here, leftover pvc pipes, old bamboo stakes, old tent poles and I cut some alders to make posts. As you probably figured out by now this is a inexpensive grow. I haven't purchased much. I use what we have. Kinda like biodynamic but without the rituals.
I set up the top net at 5' high by 5' wide. I took down the cukes on my old scrog net. I don't like them myself and gave many away. Besides my Bubba Kush needed the room to spread and I don't want things packed together.
I have a big diversity of spiders living on the ladies. They seem to be doing the job. Just need to get eggplant/aphid issue fixed.
I started taking out lower shaded branches, small thin branches, shaded leaves and rubbed off or pinched out all auxiliary point growth starting at the trunk out to the spot on the branch where it gets lots of sun. Essentially no growth where the light don't shine.
Doing this pointed out all my missed opportunities. Pinch much more next year and no more than 4 plants.
I really opened them up. Now they have good air flow moving thru them, not to mention good light penetration.
The Haze Berry and Bubba Kush both have better structure than the rest. These two weren't grown so close to their neighbors as the other four plants.
I have learned so much again this summer. Next year I'm most likely putting up a chain link fence around the greenhouse. What I have now is good but unseen. I'm sure someone thinks they can give it shot. I don't want to keep worrying about the losers out there.
Local grow shop is useless for this issue. Too bad because I'm sure I'm not the only one. So off to BestBuy or radio shack I go.

Now for some pics. This what they look like now. I'm still rubbing out growth here and there as I see them. After 2days doing this it all looks alike.

This is Haze Berry in its own 'cube'. I like this setup most. Bubba Kush has a similar setup.

Bubba Kush has a similar setup.
I have the heater all taken apart and cleaned. When I put up the back wall I'll put in the heater. Can't believe its coming up to that time again.

Well, its been a good week. Humidity has lowered. I had almost forgotten how nice it can be without feeling sticky wet all the time.
The grow is doing well. I'm keeping the mulch wet/damp so the micro life and worms have a conducive environment. I'm giving about 5gal of plain water each twice a week. I'll be giving them a light boost of 0-10-10 fish/kelp fert.

I'm still plucking leaves and rubbing out new growth below the netting. I've left a few small branches for cuttings in case someone wants some. Like I said before I don't have any grow friends. Lots of tourists that pop in around late October though. Coincidence? Fat chance. Lol

I wish I had someone that was into growing as I am. The closest I thought I had turned out to be in it just for the money. He grew in a large room built for growing. Then he knocked outdoor growers like me down for ruining their business. They even advocated for the no on recreational use campaign because a yes vote would bring prices down and flood the market. Sound like a drug dealer? The caregivers I know do it to help others with well grown quality meds not for profit as the main goal. I'm glad I can grow under the laws and. guidelines just because I want to. I owe no explanation to anyone. This brings me to security again. I read a story in Sunday's paper about local medical grows being robbed. These are well run grows behind steel doors. These crimes are on the rise as more people exercise their legal right to grow. One grower lost 50k in hard earned revenue. No matter where or how we grow jerks are around. I'm looking into security much, much more seriously now. This will be my long ass winters project.

Here are some pics that show how much they grew this past week.

Back
Top Bottom