2L Hempy Coco Coir

Update: DIY Bucket Watering
MG_1998.jpg

where did you happen to pick this up at and how much did it cost you?? I have been looking for a pump to make a aero cloner but the cheapest I can find is $45

:peacetwo:

TheCrimsonK20
  • That's the power of Cannabis, gives the mind new ideas and fill the heart with passion.

astonr420
  • I got mine from the local hydro store for $17, and it's a 264gph pump. If your local store does not carry it (they usually carry commercial grade) then look on ebay for "ECO PLUS SUBMERSIBLE WATER PUMP" you'll find some for under $20.

ThatOneGuyy
  • Sweet! When the day you're ready there is no point of return. ;}

....6 days later after defoliation. Not much differences but it's getting there. Feeding daily, this week PPM is set at 1200 for older plants and 900 for mid, and 600 for fresh clones.

MG_2006.jpg
MG_2012.jpg
MG_2003.jpg
MG_2001.jpg
MG_2000.jpg

Thought I shoot something different this time. A little hint of veg tent being next to flowering tent.
MG_2008.jpg

This is my second run of the Pineapple Express and it never had trichomes on the stem like that before. Must be from the nutrients I'm using (BPN). This is a very good sign! Sugar sticks!
MG_2002.jpg

Final thoughts: All the older plants stopped stretching. There are some strains like Heavy Duty Fruity remain short and compact, along with AK. Tallest ones are 1024 strain from medical, it also has mucho trichome developments already and of course the PE with trichome on the stem (only strain atm with this). Adding in another tray in few days. By the end of this month the flowering tent is running at full capacity a total of 64 plants (multi-strains).

Got some good news. I'm given permission to expand the operation. Got two more rooms to grow in and I think it's about time since my veg tent is getting full. I still collect more strains and breed so extra space is greatly appreciated. Got some roommate moving out so those rooms will be mine once again. Very excited! Who said I was going to grow 1,000 plants? I'm just going to grow two huge plants...yeah, that's the plan!

Man brother 12, aside from a great grow, you hav some SERIOUSLY high quality photos! Obviously you play with them a bit to make them fancy, but the resolution comes through like not many here are able to do! :adore:

Your set up and photography work is awsome i am starting to love taking pictures also what kind of camera do you have?

Quixilvir
  • Thank you Quixilvir! It's due to having a serious camera. :}
gittergreen
  • I use an old camera; Canon 5D with 24-70L lens.

4twenty4all
  • Thank you :}

GodSpeed
  • The tent is 4x4x6.5 with the new 2 rooms I'm moving the plants into I won't be needing the tents.

I'm ashamed of myself for not finding your grows sooner... Love the clean set up 12, :adore:

I noticed how great your clones looked... I took two practice clones from two moms (first attempt at growing anything, ever) My moms are about 20" tall but not a single branch on either of them is more than 1.5" long... I am reluctant to try and top/fim/lst because its my first attempt and all... Any advice on how to increase the growth on my branches? I'm using 300 watts worth of CFL's 3-4" away....

Thanks,
Drun

Just bend the top so that it is lower than the branches. They'll grow. It's an auxin re-balancing thing. A plant "seeks" light, which according to nature is up there and when the top cannot orient itself correctly, it'll cause growth on the secondaries.

Some plants will produce secondary growth better/faster than others, but they all seem to do it to some extent.

Depending on the flexibility of your plants, you may or may not have to take it in stages, tying it down as much as you can and pulling it lower a couple of times. Oh, and tying the stem down low & pulling from the other side can be a good idea so as to keep your top tie from pulling the entire plant over.

Dipez > Thank you, they are getting lovely every day.

Drunon > Hi, glad you found my journal I'm honored.
TourturedSoul's post got it covered. Congrats on taking the first step in cloning. Some info on top/FIM/LST

• LST - Less Stress Training I normally tide the plants down after 3rd nodes or more of plants growth by bending them over. Like it's tying the shoe bending. After a few days the side branches starting to grow and become the new canopies/top.
  • Topping - Pepperoni is usually everyone's favorites. But you can order anything you want. Topping cutting on plants best done above the first node on the canopy. New growth will come from the node right above the fan leave. One branch on each side.
  • FIM (F*CK I Missed) - Same technique as topping but with a very tighter node separations. This way you're getting 4 new branches instead of two. Basically cut the very top above the node (its very small to see since the growth still young) and the fan leaves. At this stage the first top node and the second is very close together, so by removing the very top you're sending the hormone back down. In turn start growing out new branches between the nodes. By being close together the new branches grow at the same rate and height forming 4 primary tops.
  • After LST must lower the light since the plant got lower, keeping the close distant will eliminate stretching. To increase side growth perform Top/FIM/LST all together. Top some branch while FIM the others which branch has the thickest stock gets FIM and the thin stock gets Topping. The thickness holds more weight. You can experiment to see what you like more.

TorturedSoul > Appreciate the good advice!

gator1 > Cool. Do you have a grow journal? Would like to see how your grow with 100% perlite turns out. I haven't been using molasses for this grow. Used it in soil and it did great. Though I'm not sure if it will work with hydroponic system or soilless with chemical nutes. Best for organic nutes and soil grow. The molasses is really for the microbes.

The WHFoods Blackstrap Molasses offer these nutrients;

• calcium 117.53 mg
  • copper 0.28 mg 14.00
  • iron 2.39 mg 13.28
  • magnesium 29.38 mg
  • manganese 0.36 mg 18.00
  • phosphorus 5.47 mg 0.55
  • potassium 340.57 mg
  • selenium 2.43 mcg
  • sodium 7.52 mg 0.31
  • zinc 0.14 mg 0.93

Has a lot of what the plants needs. Best used during flowering to take advantage of high potassium.

I am doing a hempy grow in 100% perlite week four of flower. Is it ok to use blackstrap molasses?

Do you have beneficial bacteria and fungi in the perlite? If no, then the answer to your question is also no. The molasses is used to feed you bennies so they can feed your plant. If you add the molasses to the perlite you are inviting other pest to come dine. Plus you will end up with fermentation going on in the res of your hempy bucket. I would only consider adding it if you were had the bennies and then only with coco coir media. (just my opinion, if I'm off-base someone let me know). If you want to add a sweetener to your plants look for one of the synthetics, like sweet, suagree etc...

Back
Top Bottom