300W LED 2x4x5 Tent Soil Grow

What is on my leaves is definitely nute burn.. i guess the open sesame dose was too much along with the other stuff. Oh well hopefully it will go away once i water with fresh water tomorrow.

Dealing with leaf issues too, mine are out of control so I hope yours subsides soon.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey guys I've got a question.. gonna be getting inline fans and a filter soon.. do i need an intake fan or will i just need an extake attached to the filter? Ive been reading about inline fan and filter setups and im thinking maybe i dont need an intake fan.. i have a fan that blows air into the tent from a vent along the bottom and it seems to work just fine. Would the smell leech out of that open vent? Cause no air should be going out of that vent only in.

I do not have an intake. Just exhaust hooked to filter. But..... this is my first grow and the ladies are only a few weeks old and I can smell them outside of the tent but only if I'm standing next to it. Idk how it's gonna fair in a month tho.... we shall see

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about" -Winston Churchill- First Grow Ever!

I have an intake but one of my garden centers says I should have just placed a tower fan in the tent instead. Another said run two exhaust fans and no intake but keep the bottom vents open, I'm trying the intake at the bottom and exhaust at the top through a carbon filter approach, temps are 78-83, humidity is 33-46 which is ok for me guess it's an environment call. If your environment is dry maybe an intake fan & humidifier is needed for example lots of scenarios lots and of outcomes

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Awesome thanks a lot guys was about to blow another $60 on something i didnt need.. hopefully the smell doesn't get too bad. Dont want it to get any worse then it is now lol

Ill be getting a 4" vivosun inline fan w control speed and an ipower 4" carbon filter. The inline fans cfm is 203 and my tent is 40 cubic feet, 4x2x5. So then at max speed the fan would clean the air out of my tent five times every minute? Is that correct?

In theory, yes it would. But that doesn't take into account restriction from the exhaust can itself and also a pre-filter. I have the same size tent and use the same set up in 6". I run mine on low. You don't wanna run on max power continuously, you'll burn through the fan and be replacing it by the end of the year.

Awesome thanks a lot guys was about to blow another $60 on something i didnt need.. hopefully the smell doesn't get too bad. Dont want it to get any worse then it is now lol

Ill be getting a 4" vivosun inline fan w control speed and an ipower 4" carbon filter. The inline fans cfm is 203 and my tent is 40 cubic feet, 4x2x5. So then at max speed the fan would clean the air out of my tent five times every minute? Is that correct?

You're correct. Plenty of fan for that space.

Is there anything special i need to attach the fan to the filter?

Aluminum tape is commonly used.

In theory, yes it would. But that doesn't take into account restriction from the exhaust can itself and also a pre-filter. I have the same size tent and use the same set up in 6". I run mine on low. You don't wanna tun on max power continuously, you'll burn through the fan and be replacing it by the end of the year.

Good points but you have more than enough fan. Running good fans on full power won't hurt nor burn them out sooner. Some have lifetime guarantees. If you compare amps on low vs. high speed, not much difference. Fan speed switch on fan is different than speed controller. Some speed controllers will cause fan to hum. Check w/ mfr. to see what kind can be used with a specific fan. E.g., I use Vortex S-line that requires a solid state controller to run properly. :Namaste:

Hmm ok so i should get a 6" setup? Do i need to get a 6" filter too or will that 4" work? Guess i could afford it since i dont need that extra fan.

You can get a 6" but not necessary. I use a 4" Blauberg in my smallest tent at 48 cu. ft. & it does the job even on low setting. Filter & fan size should match.

Back
Top Bottom