300W LED 2x4x5 Tent Soil Grow

I see what you are saying.. what exactly are some of the things i can use that would be better? I dont wanna suffocate them! I think that may have happened the first time i gave it to them.. gave them 1tbsp - 1gal and it was too much.

Don't want to mislead you guys when you're just getting started. Not even 10 yrs. ago the industry ignored organic growers leaving us to fend for ourselves....hardly any organic products aimed towards cannabis. We just practiced traditional organic growing. Now organics is popular so there are lots of organic & pseudo organic products for cannabis. Many of them use molasses. Molasses won't hurt your plants, & your tbs/gal dose is just fine. Hell you don't even have to add microbes or carbs to grow good herb. There are over 1 billion bacteria in a spoon of dirt. But adding microbes & carbs can & will help. I'm an inoculating fool & use multiple microbe sources. So I switched to a simpler sugar....currently using Nectar's Aphrodite's Extraction.

Would honey or agave nectar be too complex as well?

Honey is also used in several industry products but I'm not familiar with its molecular structure.

Where can i look up on how to make these 'teas'? Why are they beneficial, ive read they are needed in a grow.

Teas are excellent to populate your microbes. But again teas are not necessary to grow good herb. Plants love it. All kinds of recipes out there. I brew for outdoors but even w/ my small 3 gal. brewer that's too much for my indoor growing. You can make "instant" teas without brewing (& cleanup) that work but not as strong as brewed teas. Take a look at Veganic Special Sauce....no brewing needed.

You're on the right track....don't worry if you're not using every technique out there just yet. For just starting you garden is looking very nice. :Namaste:

Awesome man thank you for all of that.. im not going organic using ff grow big and the bloom powder nutes. When i feed my plants i put my nutes in the jug of water i have and i have a bubbler in there from my fishtank. Usually leave the nutes in there for at least a couple hours so it mixes well. Is that similar to a tea?

I looked up that tea mix it looks nice.. what else would you add to a tea besides the mix? Mykos? Its what amazon is recommending to me so i assume people buy those together.

Hello Toasted I finally made it. Everything looks good. You got some vets here too I see. Im a newbie and all the different crap that can be thrown at a plant is incredible. Id like to add Molasses and cal mag also with the waterings but not sure when, how much, all that. So thats why I use ALL FF crap by their schedule. It has everything in it. FF is not all organic and HAS to be PH'd. So if the Tiger brings it down bring it up. You can use Baking soda to bring it up and vinegar to bring it down but maybe should use the bottled stuff on sensitive plants. Until I can go organic it will be FF by its schedule in its entirety. I mix to 3.5 gal water but give them 5 gal water to go light. I checked run off yesterday and it went in at 6.5 and came out 5.7 and not sure if good? I need to go post it on my thread.
Great day Toasted.

Hey dutchess thanks for stopping by! Right on.. Definitely glad to have some help! I have ph up and down and an electronic ph tester so im good to go.. i use ff stuff except the tiger bloom. I use a little less then a teaspoon of calmag per gallon, like 3.5 ml maybe, and a teaspoon or more of the blackstrap molasses per gal. Seems to be good for now, may add a full teaspoon of calmag next feeding. 5.7 is too low you'll want to get it around the 6.5 mark, its tough i know.

Hey Imtoasted, saw you on TheFrizz's journal and thought I'd stop by. Noticed that you might be getting a whole room to grow in. Lucky duck! Wish you good luck man. You have some very dank looking bagseed, great work :) I find bagseed genes are usually a hit or miss. Your seeds definitely a hit in my opinion. Keep up the great work :D

I look forward to watching your flip to flower. Have a good one :ganjamon:

Man you come to the right place, well not me,, but 420.. Alot of people using microbial teas here.. Costy at some places, but if you want to get some fairly cheap, check into these,, most hydro stores carry it,, or E-b-y
Xtreme Gardening: Mycorrhizae & Natural Growth Promoting Biology
I use the granules everytime I transplant,, but the wettable powder is great for starter for teas or drenches.. Keepem Green

Awesome man thank you for all of that.. im not going organic using ff grow big and the bloom powder nutes. When i feed my plants i put my nutes in the jug of water i have and i have a bubbler in there from my fishtank. Usually leave the nutes in there for at least a couple hours so it mixes well. Is that similar to a tea?

I looked up that tea mix it looks nice.. what else would you add to a tea besides the mix? Mykos? Its what amazon is recommending to me so i assume people buy those together.

Bubbling is to oxygenate tea so microbes thrive & multiply before feeding it to plants. Bubbling nute mix will supply O2 to roots but if using FF Grow Big type nutrients likely no microbes in those synthetics. Mykos was one of the 1st. Kind of local for me & I like to support local when I can. Not much else when it came out. Good so I still use it even though I've added several others. Mykos best add to dirt at plant time, mycorrhizae set up shop with growing roots & create wide network. The WP that NCW mentioned is same but micronized. VS Sauce is ready to go. I add to mix after everything else is put in & after pH. :Namaste:

Alot of local hydro stores around here will give you some teas. Bring your own jug type.. But we have a hydro store on every corner,,But there as many recipes for tea, as there are strains of weed.. Keepem Green

Hey guys i snapped a couple pics of the ladies before they went into 24 hour darkness.. almost halfway through it now. Gave them their first dose of open sesame late lastnight too! Measuring the dose out i had in roughly 1.75 gal water.

1/4th tsp open sesame
6 ml grow big
15 ml big bloom
7.5 ml calmag

Also added a very small amount of blackstrap molasses this time since i have been giving them so much of it. Would normally do 5 ml per gal. Had to ph up the water cause it was 6.7. Got it to 7.1 and the runoff water was 6.6 and 6.7 for two of the plants, i didnt measure the third. So now i know the ph going in needs to be 6.8-7 i would think.

Also wanted to mention the biggest one in the back is a female im pretty sure, i see very tiny pistils coming out of the calyxs i think. Tried to get a pic but it didnt work out. Thanks guys ill probably post again when they show me their lady parts! .

420-magazine-mobile581558896.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1073380888.jpg

Those are fem pubic hairs my friend. I learned how to distinguish last year 100% and its awesome!!
You answerd my question....... so if run off is 5.7 when it goes in 6.5 means I need to put it at 7.3 roughly?? I guess do this and see how it fluctuates??? Nice to learn! Your plants look great Toasted!! The teas are sparking my curiosity and so is going organic one day. Thats great I think your using the open sesame. Maybe consider using ALL ff stuff by their schedule? I think thats a big part of my success. I had some monster buds last yard grow with no bugs!! Healthy!! Im staying on schedule better with the 2nd tent grow and it will only be better. Great day!

Thanks man! Yep you would need it at 7.1-7.3 to get around 6.5.. dont go to 7.3 right away though. I tapered down my ph over a week and i feel like it helped the plants get used to the lower ph. You can hurt them if the ph swings too much at once.

I am using everything except for the tiger bloom, i read adding that with the bloom powder nute trio can be too much and will burn the crap out of your roots. That is good to hear it does work very well, i will have to consider getting the tiger bloom then.

I feed them about half of what the chart says to feed. Might start going full force now that they are pretty big and going into bloom.

Alot of strains can't handle the big Phous blasts the dry powders can dish out.. But then alot love the food.. Just another thing one learns when he keeps growing the same strains.. I guess this doesn't help at all but I use Kool Bloom dry which is like then dry FF products like Open Sesame etc. Most of my girls thrive on it.. Alittle goes a long ways.. GL and Keepem Green

Hey everyone so i possibly have a situation on my hands. when the ladies had their 24 hour dark period the other day i had watered them the night before, bad idea! The rh was above 60 the entire 24 hours i think and got up to 68 at one point.

Now it looks like there is white powdery mold on the ends of a couple leaves. Noticed it yesterday and waited 24 hours to see if it spread or got worse. It hasn't spread at all but im wondering if its best to just take the couple leaves off that have it.

The plant that does have it is definitely female while the others arent showing sex yet. So maybe the trichromes are just getting bigger? But i dont think that starts to happen on the tips of the leaves.

Also the couple leaves that have it the tips of them are pointing up like in the photos.. all the other leaves on the plants have the claw from a bit too much n.

Need some help here! Thanks guys.

420-magazine-mobile1341129309.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1197305906.jpg

Subbed up.

That doesn't look like PM to me bud. I've had PM before, and it didn't look like that.

Back
Top Bottom