300W LED Shootout: 12/12 From Seed - Featuring Super Silver Haze

I think I hear a hydro system calling your name.
I have a singe DWC bucket, airstone and pump! (no inert media though) It would ruin the Iron Chef Challenge though...:dreamy:
lol, dayum so you think they are deficient? I thought maybe your premix might be too strong. I havent checked out your past grows, youve been using same soil setup without problem? Maybe for just the SSH the premix is too hot.
Nah, this is my first time with this stuff. Before I was doing 50/50 of Roots and FFOF.

The PE fem I dropped the other day? She's leggy and sexy in a 1 gallon Air Pot, so, I put her under 12/12 on Side B tonight. I'll see how hot the mix really is, right? All those newly rooted clones, all in the same mix.

I'm guessing more and more that it's strain specific, and if the strain in the Iron Chef Challenge isn't suitable, I'm screwed ;)

We'll know what strain it is come Sunday, that's when the voting is done! Can't wait to get that one started!

Yeah, I better get my game face on for sure! At least you lost the clone advantage ;)

Pineapple Express is still in the lead, but just barely. I am thinking either a hempy grow or an undercurrent setup for the challenge. I have my NFT system already reserved for a full run of some clones once the current grow is wrapped up.

I am looking forward to this, I haven't done a seed-to-harvest grow yet. Always seed-to-mom, mom-to-clone, clone-to-bloom. The closest for me would be the moms I put into the tent to flower, so I could make room for the new moms.

Don't do it brother...you must resist the dark side! There's nothing quite like having your hands in some beautiful rich soil... It can bring you closer to nature!

:Namaste:

Jozo, I was taking a close look at your girls to see if I could possibly help. I'd love to see some recent pics, since it looks like the last ones were a week ago, but here's what I'm thinking...

First, it looked like a cal-mag issue to me, and I went back and see you are using R/O water and adding cal-mag. So, I can't believe it's a deficiency.

But, MAYBE there's some issue with your R/O system and you actually have a toxicity?

Have you checked the PPM's of your R/O water lately to verify something close to zero PPM?

Also, have you recently calibrated your TDS and PH meters?

It seems you're doing everything right, so I suspect something else is out of whack.

:goodluck:

Jozo, I was taking a close look at your girls to see if I could possibly help. I'd love to see some recent pics, since it looks like the last ones were a week ago, but here's what I'm thinking...

First, it looked like a cal-mag issue to me, and I went back and see you are using R/O water and adding cal-mag. So, I can't believe it's a deficiency.

But, MAYBE there's some issue with your R/O system and you actually have a toxicity?

Have you checked the PPM's of your R/O water lately to verify something close to zero PPM?

Also, have you recently calibrated your TDS and PH meters?

It seems you're doing everything right, so I suspect something else is out of whack.

:goodluck:

RODI just tested at 0 ppm, and I don't use meters, I use pool testing strips. I'll take some more shots tonight; to me, just seems like some of the SSH seeds just started out runty and never took off, some did barely okay, and only 1 or two did decent. The Ultimate/Amnesia cross has done much better overall, and I'll see how the PE baby is doing tonight.

Another factor to consider is that the same soil and water is being used in my 2'x2' tent and my clones are looking kickass. Another thing I noticed too is that seeds started directly in the soil versus in the rapid rooters did better.

This is a learning experience for me, and I'm trying not to be down on myself (especially when I see other grower's stuff), but this has been one damned tough year for me.

Pics in a few.

:bongrip: - JZ

Side A:
300W_Shootout_-_124.jpg

Side B:
300W_Shootout_-_125.jpg

Close ups, Side A:
300W_Shootout_-_126.jpg
300W_Shootout_-_127.jpg
300W_Shootout_-_128.jpg

Close ups, Side B (you'll see the PE seedling, she's just a baby!):
300W_Shootout_-_129.jpg
300W_Shootout_-_130.jpg
300W_Shootout_-_131.jpg

My 2'x2' tent with what were clones, and are now awaiting their fate:
300W_Shootout_-_132.jpg

:Namaste:

Jozo, I wanted to respond here so we weren't hijacking Bass' journal.

The FIRST thing I would do is make sure your PH is in check. As we were discussing on Bass' thread, if the PH is out of whack, whatever you feed them won't be able to be ingested anyways.

Once again, I'm not a soil grower, but I do know the plants can go some time in soil before they need nutes. I assume how long depends on what kind of soil mix you start with, but perhaps some soil growers can chime in on this and recommend when you should start feeding them?

Whether you give them any nutes or not, you may want to toss them some SuperThrive or something in the next watering (at proper PH, of course!) to help reduce some of their stress.

Mr. Krip,
Cleaned and calibrated my pH meter, was only a little bit off after being packed away for a year!

The pH of cal-mag adjusted RODI was 6.09, that was with 5ml/gal of cal-mag added -- I'm gonna hit them with some FloraNova Bloom next watering; seems to me that maybe nutes are a necessity? I wish DocBud would drop by and chime in...

Give em a shot in the arm, as long as pH is straightened out, it will be OK. Not a strong shot, just a small shot. I think sometimes it takes a while for the roots to get networked into the soil and get "used to it" vs hempy or hydro when the nutes are readily available. This is why I think adding mykos to the soil can only help get the "network" established.

Hello everybody!

First think i wanna say to U its that u got a beautifool plants!! i was also try 12/12 from seeds once upon time ago but the results was totaly dissapointed me ! i Dont kno why but mine plants was almost once month old and they get maybe 10 cm tall so ttl crap - maybe it was bcs of the seeds - i was got only passion1 then ://

I am wonder about color of the plants - it is bcs of nutrients?? its semms like a ph problem ?

Btw i am doing now 5x euforia with GS 600w probloom < wonder the results?? So i want to Ask U GrowstealthLed About mine Gs 600w probloom unit , i purchase it in 2010 year and i am wonder is there any difference in 2011 unit?

Ok sry 4 making question i n Ur topic :) beatufool growlog - cant wait unitl i see results!!

Cheers ans sry for mistakes i probably make - not perfect english:p

I think I hear a hydro system calling your name.

I have to agree hear buy a good quality ppm truncheon and a quality ph tester and go with top feed drip system very easy to maintain just need to test and calibrate the res daily if needed but do not attempt hydro without quality testing equipment.

Mr. Krip,
Cleaned and calibrated my pH meter, was only a little bit off after being packed away for a year!

The pH of cal-mag adjusted RODI was 6.09, that was with 5ml/gal of cal-mag added -- I'm gonna hit them with some FloraNova Bloom next watering; seems to me that maybe nutes are a necessity? I wish DocBud would drop by and chime in...

I think for soil, you want your PH closer to 6.5, but sounds good! :thumb:

What's going on Joza-sha ;) I haven't had a chance to read your journal from start from finish but since you asked for my opinion, here it is. I read the list of ingredients you PM'ed me and your soil is super hot. Chicken doo doo the other stuff you added are very high in nitrogen. If I were you, I wouldn't add anything as far as nutes go until the plants are much bigger. I can see from the pics that they are almost overdosing on nitrogen and a lot of the leaves are burnt. Don't get me wrong, you have some great soil and a super potent mix of organic amendments added to it. but if it were me, I would just give water for now. You are going to have some tastey bud with all the organic stuff in your soil. Sorry if anything I have mentioned anything that has already been posted in this journal but like I said, I havent had a chance to read everything. I will try and read the entire journal tomorrow. I am liking your soil mix and want to see how the plants do in it :)

What's going on Joza-sha ;) I haven't had a chance to read your journal from start from finish but since you asked for my opinion, here it is. I read the list of ingredients you PM'ed me and your soil is super hot. Chicken doo doo the other stuff you added are very high in nitrogen. If I were you, I wouldn't add anything as far as nutes go until the plants are much bigger. I can see from the pics that they are almost overdosing on nitrogen and a lot of the leaves are burnt. Don't get me wrong, you have some great soil and a super potent mix of organic amendments added to it. but if it were me, I would just give water for now. You are going to have some tastey bud with all the organic stuff in your soil. Sorry if anything I have mentioned anything that has already been posted in this journal but like I said, I havent had a chance to read everything. I will try and read the entire journal tomorrow. I am liking your soil mix and want to see how the plants do in it :)
Thank you SO much for your time, BPN :Namaste: -- funny thing is the soil comes pre-mixed/bagged, so I've not added a thing, except for the stuff added during waterings - I'll stick with just the straight RODI with cal-mag. Do you have suggestions for future grows? I like this soil mix, as its all organic, local and is cheaper than FFOF or Roots - maybe cut it with more coco coir?

Back
Top Bottom