400W DWC Grow - 4 Sour Grape - 2 Blue Dream

re: Blue Planet Nutrients, 400w DWC grow; 4sourgrape, 2 bluedream

ok you're using RO water. Are you adding Cal-mag? you'll want to do that since ro water will have no cal or mg. I suffered this issue.

and ya 1650 is way hot for such younguns.

the fish tank airstones are like 5" diameter. getem, use em. the stones you have dont do much in reality. These plants LOVE the air in the water.

measure if you will, outside to outside of netpots lengthwise. Not the entire tub length. If this length is over 4' you would probably be pushing a 600w led in terms of area coverage. The width in your grow is not an issue.

there was a calmag included in the organics nutrient package i added... pretty sure im gonna have to get 3 more clones as 3 are way too far behind...

i was thinkin of addin a 300w LED to my 400w MH HID so they will both run together...

netpots measured lengthwise are 3'2''...

this pic add sys. is frustrating... they were fine the first time, then one was large an 2 small, now all small...

ok, make sure you add call mag with each feeding.

A light like this: GS 300w or the Pro bloom 300w with an added spectrum for better flowering would probably handle your grow just fine. If you needed more light you could add hid but I dont think you'll need to.

As for the 3 plants being behind, if you looked at my grow, you'd see I have 6 plants two weeks from seedling behind one. Yet they are fine and in fact I have one plant that has caught up in height to the big one. So I guess if they are not too bad you could manipulate the stretch. I did it by light height manipulation. Now just starting bloom I'm confident it wont be too bad.

this pic add sys. is frustrating... they were fine the first time, then one was large an 2 small, now all small...

I see eight pictures in your gallery. They are all regular-sized. It appears that you might be posting their thumbnails in your posts instead of following the accepted procedure for posting pictures.

When you are creating a post, make note of the "Open new window to pick from your uploaded photos and images" icon that is to the right of the Wrap
Tags one. It looks (vaguely) like a camera with a green right-pointing arrow in front of it. When you get to the point in your post where you wish one of your photos to be, click on that icon and it will open a window that displays them. Then simply click on one or more of your photos and then click on the "Close this window" text on the top right-hand side of that window. When you do, your pictures will look like this:
dwc_12.jpg

That's one of the two in your gallery that you have named "day 1." It should be displaying properly on your screen now. If you click on it, it will increase in size (assuming that it is of a larger size than it is currently being displayed).

Hope this helps!

thanks again, got it now for sure. there they are... will be replacing 2 maybe 3 in the back for sure, will be flushing on 27th and adding 'Blue Planet Nutrients' to RO water...
that is when they are supposed to get here anyhow...
adding 3 new stones and a pump as well.
adding pvc frame for scrog

thanks again:cough:

I could be wrong but it looks like your plants are drowning. Is the water level so high your rock wool is getting soaked?

Don't forget, get some Cal-mag. use it every feeding.

Just a thought on the mylar. You could probably just make a curtain using the curtain rods in the shower. At the ends place stick on picture hangers to the wall as a tightening point. You probably dont need to close it up uber tight to prevent light penetration during flower since your BR door will be closed too so long as the door doesnt let light in.

I do think your 400w isnt getting enough light to the ends of the tub. Have you decided to get an LED?

I may have missed it, how are you planning on keeping the water cool?

I do think your 400w isnt getting enough light to the ends of the tub.

Might be a good setup to add a Light Rail (Agra Mover, et cetera) to. If you're confining your grow to the bathtub, you don't need much in one direction compared to the other, so if you had a Light Rail, you might find yourself keeping the light closer to the plants while it covered the ends by moving the fixture linearly instead of by raising the light. Could make for a tub full of buds?

Hey jjames, hope you don't mind me following your grow. I'm like sponge.. trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible. I just started my first grow, and I've already made some monumental mistakes. But.. we're working through them.

Best of luck to you.

Hey jjames, hope you don't mind me following your grow. I'm like sponge.. trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible. I just started my first grow, and I've already made some monumental mistakes. But.. we're working through them.

Best of luck to you.

yea come along for the ride, my very first as well... in the missdle of a mess myself...

I could be wrong but it looks like your plants are drowning. Is the water level so high your rock wool is getting soaked?

funny you say that,

the 3 smaller ones in the back were actually moved down further in the hydroton because they looked like they were too high up and not reaching water, i have been hand watering each basket evry couple hours when the hydroton on the top looks dried out, the front 3 cubes were lower so i didnt mess with those.

the front 3 have been finally showing roots out the bottom and into the water but 3 in the rear havent progressed...

it seemed like front 3 have been benefiting from this hand watering, think it looks like too much? all around they are pretty small i think.

light is at 16'' above the tallest leaves, i cant find any ref. on that other than the band test...

hoping this system flush/cleaning/new nutrients will straightn me out...

also will be addin mylar today with screen frame

yes, so far the water temp has been stayin 69-72*, id like to have it arnd 65-67* tho, i think im going to have room in between the tubs themselves to slide in a couple of those reusable cooler cubes, the wide skinny ones you know?
was readin thru a journal yest that had put frozen milk jugs up against his tubs and that had helped him out...

well you only want the roots in the water. If you do a feeder that barely dribbles into the side of the cube until roots reach water, that works well. but also requires pump and hub and 1/8" feed line in each tub. And creates a lil more heat.

yes, so far the water temp has been stayin 69-72*, id like to have it arnd 65-67* tho, i think im going to have room in between the tubs themselves to slide in a couple of those reusable cooler cubes, the wide skinny ones you know?
was readin thru a journal yest that had put frozen milk jugs up against his tubs and that had helped him out...

read mine, I did something close to cool the res. But eventually bought a chiller. You really want res temps below 68. As I understand, bad stuff starts to grow at 68. So below that.

also what do you think if i added some cfls for light support?

at the ends of the bath tub it would help. But as it looks now, your light is really only giving it's best light to the 2 center plants.

well you only want the roots in the water. If you do a feeder that barely dribbles into the side of the cube until roots reach water, that works well. but also requires pump and hub and 1/8" feed line in each tub. And creates a lil more heat.

yea i was just tryin to get the roots outta the cubes and headed down to the water... the guy i got clones from brought em to me with minimal root stickin out... i put em in the hydroton down to where i thought the water would wick up to and they would start goin down thru to water...

ive been hand waterin every 2 hrs or so, i take a 32oz cup 2/3 full of water out of the baskets own tub an pour one of those over the hydroton and rockwool cubes...

too much? just wanted to get those roots down there..

thanks again for your time/input

yea too much. and you dont want it to wick up because then the roots pour babies will get watter logged and drown.

Did you read Tulips tutorial on dwc?

Back
Top Bottom