400W DWC Grow - 4 Sour Grape - 2 Blue Dream

re: Blue Planet Nutrients, 400w DWC grow; 4sourgrape, 2 bluedream

they are looking better

Re: Blue Planet Nutrients, 400w DWC grow; 4sourgrape, 2 bluedream

just got done with first 10 day flush... just running ph bal. RO water, new nutrient cycle will start thurs when shipment from ''Blue Planet Nutrients'' arrives...

goin to start focusing on getting res temps down to 65*... theyve been stayin right around 70*...

got air temp an RH all balanced i think now...

just got done with first 10 day flush... just running ph bal. RO water, new nutrient cycle will start thurs when shipment from ''Blue Planet Nutrients'' arrives...

goin to start focusing on getting res temps down to 65*... theyve been stayin right around 70*...

got air temp an RH all balanced i think now...

good to hear. You're on your way.

BTW, make sure you have a nice tall bottle of hydrogen peroxide around. We need it from time to time in DWC.

good to hear. You're on your way.

BTW, make sure you have a nice tall bottle of hydrogen peroxide around. We need it from time to time in DWC.

yep, just picked up a couple bottles...

hey that chiller you got? what type is it? expensive?

yep, just picked up a couple bottles...

hey that chiller you got? what type is it? expensive?

Sunleaves 132. Cost me $320 tax incl at my local hydro store. There was one on the net from another company for $279 + shipping. So I paid $10-20 more but didnt have to wait and get local service in case of problems.

I HIGHLY suggest a chiller. Ever since adding the chiller my grow as been exceptionally smooth.

just cleaned out my resevoirs... runnin ph bal RO water until tomoro.

ill start adding Blue Planet Nutrients Elite 3part hydro nutrients when lights come on... they came today!!!

wk2_pstflsh3.jpg
wk2_pstflsh2.jpg
wk2_pstflsh.jpg

also i got 3 new clones... got one more each of the sour grape and blue dream, and also one jack herer. i was goin to get another blue dream so wed have 3 of each, but somethin happend out of my control...

the bottom pic has the jack an the sg, and in the top pic, the one in the back is the new bd...

so far they look great... they all came with some good roots...

were getting started with Blue Planet Nutrients 3part Elite series...

heres so pics right before feed... this is after i cleaned out my system and had girls on ph bal Ro water for 2 days...

pics are right before i mix nutrients with water before adding to the res. i mix each of 3 parts separately with water, measured to add up to top off each res. @ 7 gal...

these 3 pics = one res. nutrients btw...

i am starting with week 2 sched according to BPN feeding chart...

1stfeed1.jpg
1stfd3.jpg
1stfd2.jpg

sorry no recent posts... been soo busy...
heres some recent pics, these are progress courtesy of Blue Planet Nutrients... :thumb:
this is the largest of the sour grapes, shes lovin the BPN, the new jack herer clone is in the front(still gettin hand fed)...
pstfeed2.jpg

and above sour grape rooting...
root23.jpg

compare from just before last night when i took these pics, they have been bushin up, lots of vigourous new growth... credited to BPN... at time of these pics, ppm total is right around 400-450, that is including the ppm of the RO water of 150-175, so actual BPN ppm is about 300.
note i started all 3 res @ 2nd week feed sched of 2.5ml/gal of grow, micro and bloom.
in about 3 or 4 days i am going to go to 5ml/gal of all 3 parts and add CalMag of 2.5ml/gal
i want to ease them into the new nutrients and dial in my ppm, now exact yet.

and the rest...
pstfeed1.jpg

these roots belong to the blue dream in the front in above pic...
root13.jpg

the other 2 new clones still gettin hand fed...
pstfeed3.jpg

so i was kind of back posting to catch up on what i should have been posting daily...

as of last night we topped the biggest 2 sour grapes and the 1 blue dream, i think the other blue dream will be ready in a few days, ive been hand feeding the new clones tryin to get those roots to the res... so far the jack and smaller of the bd havent showed rooting out the bottom yet... the new sg s have taproots touching nutrients, almost there...
also starting to LST bend most of the plants, planning on SCROGin so ive been studyin up via a new book i just got dealing with a specific method of training...

hopefully in these next few days i can get my ppm dialed in or at least start to get an idea of what my specific situation will be...

today, which is the sixth day after starting BPN, i bumped up the ml/gal of all 3 parts of the nutrients, and started CalMag @ 2.5ml/gal... im now at 5ml/gal of all 3 grow, micro, and bloom... i will start adding the liquid bloom booster at the start of week 3 or next flush... not sure yet but i think ill go 2.5ml/gal for the last week or two of veg then jump up with the 12/12 cycle begin...

my total ppm in all 3 res is ranging from 750-850(includes h20 ppm)...
the 2 res with the established rooting needed to get topped off today so i incorporated going up in my nute regiment with topping off to the 7gal/res... i did end up adding water to all 3 res tho

the one res with the newest clones and least roots has the highest ppm(835) @ last read... and the other 2 res, (one each has one plant with biggest root sys), are around 730...these numbers are after settling after adding nutes/PH water...

? Does anyone think this difference is odd? or just having to do with trying to get this new situation fig out?

You're seeing a difference imo because the plants have used different amounts of nute. Plant A used 50parts calcium, Plant B ate 30, = 20 part difference. Forget the numbers, you get the point. Each plant may uptake different amounts of specific nutrients at different times. You are also adding a specified balance (your 1 gal pre-mix) to an unbalanced res when topping off. Hence the results will not always be the same in 3 different reservoirs.

I saw ppm differences too until I added my chiller and linked the tubs. Now they stay even.

You probably are not really using much water yet. I am 20 days into flower and just now seeing big amounts (1-2gal per 24-36 hrs) with 7 plants. More importantly, imho, drain, clean, replenish with good nutrient water at the right ph-ppm once per week.

You're seeing a difference imo because the plants have used different amounts of nute. Plant A used 50parts calcium, Plant B ate 30, = 20 part difference. Forget the numbers, you get the point. Each plant may uptake different amounts of specific nutrients at different times. You are also adding a specified balance (your 1 gal pre-mix) to an unbalanced res when topping off. Hence the results will not always be the same in 3 different reservoirs.

I saw ppm differences too until I added my chiller and linked the tubs. Now they stay even.

You probably are not really using much water yet. I am 20 days into flower and just now seeing big amounts (1-2gal per 24-36 hrs) with 7 plants. More importantly, imho, drain, clean, replenish with good nutrient water at the right ph-ppm once per week.

i gotcha, when the res is say 1/4gal lower and however many ppm lower as well, you cant know what parts have been consumed out of that number, im thinikn that ill have to just topoff once midweek depending on water level and continue to flush weekly. i think i will have a system with one res nexttime, or link the tubs like you are sayin.
also, with the light bein raised, my res temps have been stayin lower, some good news.

lastnight i did the system clean and new H20... i am now @ 7.5ml/gal of grow, micro, and bloom... also 2ml/gal of liquid bloom and 2.5ml/gal of cal mag...
this is only the second time add calmag, seems to be ok at this level. also, first time add liq.bloom... all said and done, 900 ppm, that includes 50-60 ppm ph ro H20...

going to start neem oil reg this week as well, preventative, prob mist em every other day and alternate with just ph Ro water... it looked like we had a little rust on some of the leaves of the big sour grape, and it says that its a fungus. it wasnt that bad but i want to try and get a handle on it asap...

im goin to post some next day post flush pics to see how the girls perk up...

Seems odd the ro water is 50-60 ppm. I buy mine at the grocery store type machines and it's normally under 10ppm. /shrug

Any slime in your res change?

I worry too about bugs. I hear my area is highly known for spider mites. I have done no less that 5 sprays of Home Defense all through the entire hallways leading to my grow room. Of course I sprayed the entire room my tent is in a couple times as well. I never go into my room with shoes on, and usually change my clothes if I have been outside before entering. This is one thing I worry about since I have nothing on hand to deal with it should it come and my budget is totally shot atm.

How have the res temps been? Your grow is looking good:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom