400W DWC Grow - 4 Sour Grape - 2 Blue Dream

thanks B!

and yessir, check+record O2, RH, H2O, PH, and PPM once just after lights on, then right before lights off... and i check in the middle of the day once or twice just because im off work all day while light is on...

been great tho... O2 65*-68*, RH 60%-62%, H2O 66*, PH 5.8 am... and pm... 75*-77*, 45%-50%, 68*-70*, 5.8(adjust if need now), and PPM now is @ 950

the water temp is only touchin 70* for a few hrs, but i have mylar comin soon that i want to add to the tops of the res in between the plants(as well as the walls)... i will attatch it to the scrog frame im goin to add SOON!!!

:thanks:

that 70 temp is high. In those hours you could cause micro shit to grow. I understand 68f is where they can grow. So I keep mine below that as much as possible. Looks like you're getting a real good handle on everything though!

Blue planet nutrients is something id like to try on my next grow. I keep hearing great things about that product. So far my flora is fine for me but id like hands on experience with bpn. Your plants are looking good, i wish i coukd get my temp down a little now after reading bassmans post. My temps stay at 73-75 avg and im going to try and lower it to the mid 60's with better circulation

that 70 temp is high. In those hours you could cause micro shit to grow. I understand 68f is where they can grow. So I keep mine below that as much as possible. Looks like you're getting a real good handle on everything though!

i know it, im holdin my breath until i can budget in for my scrog setup and that will include mylar to wrap the frame with and cover the lids of the res too, maybe help out? thought i had i lowered better but...:bitingnails:

thanks tho... startin to relax a little now. im tryin to eat at this learning curve... its fightn me all the way!

Blue planet nutrients is something id like to try on my next grow. I keep hearing great things about that product. So far my flora is fine for me but id like hands on experience with bpn. Your plants are looking good, i wish i coukd get my temp down a little now after reading bassmans post. My temps stay at 73-75 avg and im going to try and lower it to the mid 60's with better circulation

yea man sounds good... i just read somewhere that water temps can get to 75*, that site also said nutrients are best absorbed at 5.2ph... everywhere else says 68* is the highest an 5.8ph is ideal for nutrient pickup... there are so many differing studies and opinions and different ways work in different situations youve just got to work the science into your specific environment and fig out the best method for you... sooo much learning...

thanks for stoppin by... im comin up on flower myself...:high-five:

so i went to flagstaff for 3 days for work, and this is what i come home to... i think this is the last week of veg...
she is 2'x2'
wk_5_preflush_4.jpg
wk_5_preflush_2.jpg
wk_5_preflush.jpg
wk_5_preflush_3.jpg

whats good jjames,
I have now updated the blog with your journal in it now, I cut all the beginning out due to that it has nothing to do with BPN other than your ordering it...

Glad to have you a part of the Army brotha!!!

:peacetwo:

flushed lastnight... this is last week of veg, i think im pushin it with the two bigger plants, but i wanted the little girls to catchup a bit... plannin on addin some CO2 along with the screen and mylar setup... also goin to get a couple cfls to add to the ends of the tub, things are gonna get thicker and i want to cover the stuff the hid wont...
ive read 2700k is the one to add yes? thinkin about a couple 23w on each side, and i will be switching to a 400w HPS for flower too...

pics from lights on this am...
Wk_5_pstf_3.jpg
Wk_5_pstf_2.jpg
Wk_5_pstf.jpg

i know its a huge debate but what does anyone think about defoliating? i think i need to thin out a more (i did a little last week), i just want to take out some shade leaves... i am also going to have to thin out underneath the screen too...
also wondering about light height above the screen itself? should i raise to encourage stretch? they will do it in begin of flower i know, or should i raise during this first stretch and bring it back down or leave it up? or am i just sounding completely too new:hmmmm:

I'll only chime in on the defoliation since I've been reading my ass off on that.

IF you do any now, wait 7-10 days before the switch to 12/12. This is very important as you dont want to "double stress".

Also, the idea of defoliating is to get as much light as possible to lower bud sites so you have less if any popcorn. With that in mind, you also want to train the branches outwards. This all opens up the canopy. It also makes for more circulation and less transpiration thus reducing mold chances.

When defoliating you are taking shit tons of fan leaves off. Basically on all branches that have adjacent good leaders or bud sites (I hope I'm getting this right). You'll have a growth spurt shortly after. You'll have plenty of leaves develop still too.

Once you do flip, DO NOT trim or defoliate until about day 21, or when stretch ends. Then PLUCK YOUR ASS OFF. Open up that canopy again. Dont take leaves from the bud sites directly, but do take the extended fans out.

Then again at day 45, do it again.

In my grow, since I didnt defoliate at all during veg, I am basically only pulling fans that hide bud sites. And since I'm still learning, I'm sure I'm not doing it 100% right, but still enough to help. I am trimming lightly almost daily as I see spots, but not really defoliating.

Some people have had great success defoliating only at end of stretch and about day 45. And I mean really good success. But they really deleafed the shit out of them and probably already knew wtf they were doing. For us new guys, we should probably stick to basic stuff before going all out.

b,
sounds pretty logical and you got a good handle on yours. i think thru all the readin ive done thats pretty close to what i was comin down to. i was going to thin a week before flip, then at day 20 then 45... i agree that being new, we should stick on the mild end of defoliating, like you said, allowing light in thru the canopy and to bud sites...

Back
Top Bottom