42 Year Old Bag Seed!

Re: 42 yr old bagseed!

Ok 10 days and no pop ups so going to try old tried and true method of germination. Got 2 of the wifes old plates, check!, old baby diaper, check!, nice dark spot for the seeds to snuggle and be warm, check!

Oh by, the way I ended up with about 20 seeds that look good and so far 9 didn't pop so I'm going to try about 6 seeds this way.

Just got done(maybe, maybe not) curing my last grow and tried it out. Very nice, sweet tasting, long lasting, head rush buzz but stinks to high heaven and and smells like last weeks grass clippings! Anyone know of a way to change the smell of this?

how are you cureing your bud bro?

Ok 10 days and no pop ups so going to try old tried and true method of germination. Got 2 of the wifes old plates, check!, old baby diaper, check!, nice dark spot for the seeds to snuggle and be warm, check!

Oh by, the way I ended up with about 20 seeds that look good and so far 9 didn't pop so I'm going to try about 6 seeds this way.

Just got done(maybe, maybe not) curing my last grow and tried it out. Very nice, sweet tasting, long lasting, head rush buzz but stinks to high heaven and and smells like last weeks grass clippings! Anyone know of a way to change the smell of this?

I like this method better! I really hope they pop for you.

It sounds like you still need to cure for taste. If the weed is really dry in a jar pop a fresh bud in till the buds are not so dry... pull out the fresh bud and dry ... repeat

Fish, To cure it I have an old tupperware container that I use. I make sure the buds are nice and dry then put it in the container and stick it in a dry dark place. I open the container and exchange the air every 2 days till it is real dry, this process can take 2-3 weeks.

I used to place a small piece of apple in my tobacco to remoisten and add the flavor and was wondering if the same priinciple can be used for my meds?

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Opened the box this morninig and to my surprise one of the original popped!!! And the grow begins! I love doing this. Taking a seed and making something beautiful and useful out it.
DSC006633.JPG

:party::bravo::cheer:
Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Opened the box this morninig and to my surprise one of the original popped!!! And the grow begins! I love doing this. Taking a seed and making something beautiful and useful out it.
DSC006633.JPG
:cheer:

Fish, To cure it I have an old tupperware container that I use. I make sure the buds are nice and dry then put it in the container and stick it in a dry dark place. I open the container and exchange the air every 2 days till it is real dry, this process can take 2-3 weeks.

I used to place a small piece of apple in my tobacco to remoisten and add the flavor and was wondering if the same priinciple can be used for my meds?
sure why wouldnt it. time should take the cloraphill taste out. also if you have a head or tobacco shop around they sell humidity packs that keep your stash at 62% hum. that said I've never used one but there are others here that do. grats on the seed pop:) like Dr tent said ,hope its a girl and I hope some more come up:peace:

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Opened the box this morninig and to my surprise one of the original popped!!! And the grow begins!

Woooohoo! That is really cool! I can't wait to see what happens!!! You have some awesome genetics locked up in those seeds I wish you well with them

:peace:

Thanks all for the replies. What a way to make my day!

Actually in a perfect world I would get 1 male and 1 female so I can get a bunch of seed from it but I'll take anything I get since it all bonus!

Now for another question. Is there somewhere I could send a seed to get it genetically typed? I would really like to know if these seeds are from VN or Thai.

definately subscribed to this... very interesting. Im not sure if anyone will be able to test the seeds and tell you exactly where theyre from, if i were you id contact DNA genetics or serious seeds and ask their opinion, if you get enough interest they might take a couple of ungerminated seeds off you and do various tests for free - although realistically i think that theyll simply do an experimental grow and then do tests on the buds.

I would really like to know if these seeds are from VN or Thai.

... ahhh Thailand, could this really be from Thailand? WOW The best cannabis I have smoked in my life was thai stick, got it while I was there... a true one hit put you in your seat weed.

Good luck

Damn you are lucky

Green and Sweet, welcome aboard and thanks for your interest and comments.
Buck, I'm like you and hoping it was Thai. In 68 and 69 I spent some time in Thai, and yes I purchased some of that stick and one of the things I loved about it was how long you stayed buzzed! I'm just not real sure if I liked my brother enough back then that I sent him some of it or the VN! LOL

DSC006633.JPG

Woot!! :goodjob:

Look at those long leaves!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: I think I am going to have to dig up some pics of thai stick ... and maybe some spanish hash :cheesygrinsmiley:

I am happy for you that 2 have popped so far!!! This is going to be such an interesting grow with the history of these babies!!! Congrats on newborns!!!

Back
Top Bottom