420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: December 2020

420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: December 2020

• Ootd's Box Of Buds

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hashfart this is how you nominate @The Phantom however, i think there are allot of other good journals. Specially buds buddy for all the beginners

change the rules for the benefit of the 99% and not the 1%
If they do this for all contests your comment would be relevant. But someone taking Polaroid's to a Nikon will probably never win either unless the guy with the Nikon can only enter once a year.
You are right though about it being their contest & being able to change the rules at will. I can't argue that.
But is it wrong to ask for fairness & an equal chance to win in all contests ? Same time limits for all contests seems much more fair to me. Just my opinion & nothing more so don't let it bother you.
Good luck you guys !

@PK I'm not saying his journal is bad, it is actually a great journal that is borderline sticky worthy. I just think since he knows what JotM takes as a previous winner and now having the ability to nominate someone with the recent rule change, he would be more excited about being able to nominate someone he's perhaps coached with his journal that has a great journal themselves versus worrying about having his own winning journal.

I honestly think anyone who has won a member nominated contest should be making monthly nominations as a part of wearing the badge. The ones that haven't submitted at least 1 nomination are really failing the other members of the community. Call me crazy.

Regardless everyone here works really hard on growing the finest medicine for themselves and sometimes just as hard if not harder sharing that information through grow their journals, we all should be rewarded, and we actually already are winners being rewarded with, "that sweet herb from Jah."

If they do this for all contests your comment would be relevant. But someone taking Polaroid's to a Nikon will probably never win either unless the guy with the Nikon can only enter once a year.
You are right though about it being their contest & being able to change the rules at will. I can't argue that.
But is it wrong to ask for fairness & an equal chance to win in all contests ? Same time limits for all contests seems much more fair to me. Just my opinion & nothing more so don't let it bother you.
Good luck you guys !
I just like the contest because I get to see different members plants that don't usually pop up on my lightning bolt thingy thats how I discovered you buds!!! And if they plant is worthy a hell yeah brother will be received!

I honestly think anyone who has won a member nominated contest should be making monthly nominations
I do vote in all the contests & I have made nominations twice for others for MOTM. Some of those pics are really hard to choose from so sometimes I have to just pick someone when I'd like to pick 3. I quit entering those contests because it's like leading a lamb to slaughter. I can't compete with that photography. If I do throw something in one it's just for laughs because I know it doesn't stand a chance.

I don't mean to give you a hard time and I know exactly what you mean about submitting photos as a joke, most of mine are as well. :rofl: I also understand you put a lot of effort into your journal but so does everyone else, otherwise they/we wouldn't have taken the time to start one in the first place.

I just think we should stop complaining about the Magazine and Sponsor contests and that the people with a bunch of titles under their name and/or being constantly nominated should be more focused on who they are nominating this month instead of worried about who is nominating them.

I wonder why they doubled the time limit before you can win a 2nd time. It use to be 6 months. Now it's a year.
I don't like this rule being changed without a 30 day notice. Time limits didn't change on other contests. Still 3 mo. & 6 mo. So why change this one ?
It's not really fair to those who just waited 6 mo. in hopes of trying for a 2nd shot at the title. It would be fair if a 30 day notice to the Rule Change was posted prior to the change so everyone was aware of it prior to putting the effort in to go for this title.
Very disappointed in the way this was done during the last month of the year without notice.
The winners have been chosen by us every month for this contest. We never planned on nominating more than one person each year, so we never had restrictions on how many times you can win. While changing it over to member nominations and developing the guidelines for it earlier this month, we forgot to include that until a couple of days ago when you asked. Hope that clears up the mystery and you are all good.
:Namaste:

Only a few more days guys and gals, please get your nominations in for Grow Journal of the Month! :cheer:

Please send your nominations to 420 Support @Renee Roberts or @Teddy Edwards via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST and, at that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month to vote for a winner.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

December Nominees
Thank you for all of your nominations for Grow Journal of the Month! :thanks:

We are especially grateful for these amazing journals and members listed below. :adore:

All comments are quoted from actual member nominations.

The Happy Cola Company's Official Ground Up Medical Cannabis Grow Op by The Happy One
It’s incredible on how detailed his updates get, and super neat watching him build his commercial grow space from the ground up. Well worthy of the title.

Patient's Grows by Patient puffer
I would like to nominate Patient puffer's journal for his incredible in depth detail on updating his journal! He’s purchased some new lights for an indoor grow, and this journal will really start popping off. In my opinion, it’s definitely not a journal anybody should sleep on.

InTheShed Grows Autos & Photos, Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time by InTheShed
I'd like to nominate InTheShed's long running journal for journal of the month because he's always doing something new and productive growing wise. Shed is gifted with organizational skills beyond belief and shares his work willingly and gleefully even when it hurts during hard times. I/anyone can go to his place and feel free to ask any grow question and expect an answer. Having Shed's journal is like having a magical genie of our own right here at 420Mag. Just like in life, there aren't enough Sheds in the world!

I'd like to nominate InTheShed 's fast moving, information packed journal, InTheShed Grows Autos & Photos, Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time This journal will never have moss growing on it for it has no time for that. Just pure growing Q's & A's and kind hearted grow banter. I've never seen a single place (journal) with such grow knowledge at the fingertips of it's master! This journal is Green Gold given the course of studies included, and given by a truly gifted, and wonderful individual. Oh it's in there! Everything!

Fudo’s 2nd Run Organic Soil: Ace’s Kali China, RQS Royal Gorilla & Barney’s Acapulco Gold, QB & Cobs by Fudo Myoo
I've noticed Fudo Mayo having the most fun and informative journal every time I visit. He has lots of interesting grow techniques and processes flowing all the time and is always in a mood for fun. Not to mention his beautiful gardens! I'm thankful to Fudo every time I visit his journal.

Phantom's Multi-Strain SoG Pheno Hunt by The Phantom
I'm nominating The Phantom for his SOG journal. His journal consist of handful of information and its easy to follow. His success is also from his completed journal which had many information. He is updates constantly and answers any questions or concerns on his Phantom skull cave I find that his journal is easy to follow and on point and i don't have to go through multiple pages just to find out a small update. He also uses sponsors seeds and nutrients.

Vex's 2nd Run: Dual Vivosun Tents, Custom Coco/HydroWick System, Northern Lights & Sour Cherries by VexGrows
I would like to nominate VexGrows for JOTM. He does excellent updates almost daily and includes great explanations and photos as well.

Godfather OG: Pinkman Goo Meets Nextlight Mega! White Rhino's Cheer! by StoneOtter
I'd like to nominate StoneOtter. His Grow Journal is very detailed and has lost of great photos and info. He's also mentions 420 sponsors like Nextlight. (I SO WANT ONE! LOL) StoneOtter also frequents other member grow journals to offer support and banter. There are many great GJs to choose from, but I chose by the criteria posted in the Contest specifications.

Barney's Farm Blueberry Cheese, 600 Watt HPS, DWC, Rockwool by HunterNitro
I would like to nominate HunterNitros Current grow journal for December. Well written and organized, with quality information.

BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Are At It Again: Outdoor Grow Season 3 by BeezLuiz
I'm nominating BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Are At It Again: Outdoor Grow Season 3
Great journal. Well written, stellar photos, excellent documentation, with detailed growth data, too, for a legal outdoor grow. Fantastic results, too. Nice to have such a fine journal for an outdoor grow instead of the sea of indoor grow journals.

Ootd's Box Of Buds by One Of These Days
I would like to nominate "One Of These Days" his journal runs into issues and is corrected with help of others and most of his own strong knowledge, he also performs the famous slurry test to get back on track.
Polls are now open for your votes, good luck everyone! :cheer:

GOOD LUCK CANDIDATES!!!

Back
Top Bottom