420 Magazine's Member of the Month: January 2024

420 Magazine's Member of the Month: January 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renee Roberts

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Member of the Month Contest!

420 Magazine would like to include not only our valued growers, but also more of our non-growing members in this contest. We are by no means excluding growers from the Member of the Month Contest, but we feel that our Plant and Nug Contests are already serving these members pretty well. Please help and support us in this effort.

Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:
  • Greeting new members
  • Helping people with questions
  • Peacemakers
  • Activism efforts
  • Promoting our Sponsors
  • Activity and content generation
  • Reporting violations
Please send your nominations to 420 Support (@Renee Roberts or @Teddy Edwards) via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST and, at that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month to vote for a winner.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

All winners receive "Member of the Month" title and the following Prize Package:

420 Magazine: 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Magazine Magnet, 420 Magazine Stickers
Foods Alive: Organic Toasted Hemp Seeds
Sierra Natural Science: 217C Spider Mite Control - 1 Quart Mix Pouch

Shipping fees may apply to some packages shipped outside of the U.S.
You are responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional Details On Prize Shipping & Customs Duties

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Member of the Year" contest, held in January.

Contest Guidelines:

1. Members must have at least 50 posts to be entitled to vote.

2. 420 Magazine staff members submit nominees and rationale in the contest thread.

3. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, or any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) is considered cheating and is prohibited. Promotion also includes family and friends who register a new account for voting purposes. Campaigning in any form - including but not limited to mentioning the entry in any thread outside the contest, a signature link to the entry and campaigning via PMs - will result in the entry being removed from the month's contest. A second instance, either in a different contest during the same month or in any future contest, will attract a lifetime ban from all future contests. General encouragement to vote in all the contests is fine, as long as it's not excessive or crossing the line into campaigning. Any post which explicitly or implicitly encourages members to vote for a specific entry is not.

4. Members cannot nominate themselves.

5. Members may only win this title once per calendar year.

6. Staff members from this or any other cannabis forum/community can not be nominated.

7. In accepting the Member of the Month title, prize(s), and the respect of the members, the winner agrees to wear his/her title with honor and to continue to set the example with his/her actions and posting behavior. To retain the Member of the Month title, the winner must remain compliant with contest rules and site guidelines.

If anyone has any questions or problems with ANY of the entries in ANY of our contests, please speak up publicly in the respective contest thread, before the end of the contest or forever hold your peace. Once a winner is announced, that will be the end of discussion, there will be no take backs, unless we made a clerical error.

Contests Are Legitimate: Now that votes are publicly visible, it should be obvious who is voting. We have endless ways of discovering cheating and are always successful. If you are caught cheating, your entry will be deleted and you'll be called out in the public thread, visible to everyone. Reason being that in the past, when we removed the offending entry without any announcement (to help minimize embarrassment for the member), it often led to uninformed (or worse, misinformed) members questioning our motives and calling us censorship nazi's. More often than not, the cheater themselves would claim innocence, causing a higher workload for our staff. For these reasons, we now alert the community of what happened, to save all the confusion and massive workload on our team.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
January Member Nominees

@Carcass

Hello Growstars, I really wanted to end 2023 acknowledging this legend, but it was Azi’s time to shine - which was well overdue given how much support that SIPaholic gives us growers. But again I would like to nominate a man I consider to be 420 Magazine royalty. While I think InTheShed sits at the head of our forum table, this absolute grow legend would definitely sit to his right.

I hope you will consider making December January his time to be acknowledged and celebrated for all the good he does for 420 Magazine in supporting Rob’s mission. Carcass has proven himself to not only be a magical grower, he is the creator of grow inventions. And he is so generous when sharing his grow knowledge. But this old dog is all about learning new tricks. He watches other great growers closely in order to learn new ways to achieve better grows. It didn't take Azi long to convert yet another SIPper. Lol!

Carcass quite simply has changed the way many in here grow. And if you want it, he will mentor you with such a happy heart. He has literally hand held me through multiple grows. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so often I need things explained, then re explained, then a diagram lol, and carcass is always so obliging even with diagrams. And while I can be as dumb as a rock, I also have this stupid confidence that always outweighs my ability too, so many times I've not listened and my grow has gone pear shaped and carcass’s response is always the same, no judgment, kindness and encouragement.

My grow goal is always to achieve that beautiful CarCanopy carcass is celebrated for. And while I'm getting closer, I still haven't yet got there. Im thinking by 2025 it will be my time to shine.

Thank you carcass, for all you do to help, whether that be sharing your grows, talking us through the steps, coming to our rescue when we send up the 420 MAG Bat signal with the @, or sharing your punny lame arsed dad jokes. Win or lose, you're a winner to me Xo

♥️♥️♥️

@CaptainLucky

I would like to nominate Captain Lucky. He is very knowledgeable and always helpful with his tips and advice. We regularly tried to keep up on everyone's journals and interacts with everyone in a way that greatly promotes the 420 community.

@Absorber

I'd like to nominate Absorber because the old Aussie is literally always monkeying around the site. Up trees one minute, digging for gold the next he's also next level MacGyver armed with some plastic filament he's turning his grow tents into custom works pieces of art. His plants aren't too shabby either. Always fun around the site and source of great fun wherever you are but particularly in the eastern hemisphere, showing that 420magazine.com is truly a global site.
I would like to nominate Absorber for Member of the Month January 2024. Absorber can often be found greeting new member and making them feel welcome. He can be found around the forum helping other growers that may have a problem or just encouraging them by telling them they are doing a great job. Absorber is often regarded by many growers as a knowledgeable source for information on different growing styles. He also actively promotes our sponsors when the need arises.

@Bill284

I would like to submit @Bill284. In the time I've been here I see Bill as being the most helpful overall. He's also sponsored by Vivosun, one of our sponsors, so I would imagine that would qualify him as also helping out site sponsors. He actually directed me to a Vivosun pump they have so not only does he do shout outs for them but he actively drives sales.

@Carmen Ray

I would like to submit @Carmen Ray. Carmen Ray helps out lots of people on the site. Her attitude is great and she doesn't come off as someone that thinks they know it all like me. She seems to be the auto guru along with hosting a very nice community within her thread that is also very helpful when it comes to questions about growing.
I'd like to nominate Carmen Ray, a great contributor, who welcomes new members and provides good sound advice. She always presents a positive attitude and is a fantastic ambassador for 420 Magazine!

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

A new year and a new start to our Member of the Month list. Today's the last day to nominate a member for January, so don't forget to submit a worthy candidate! :cheer:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
January Member Nominees

@Carcass

Hello Growstars, I really wanted to end 2023 acknowledging this legend, but it was Azi’s time to shine - which was well overdue given how much support that SIPaholic gives us growers. But again I would like to nominate a man I consider to be 420 Magazine royalty. While I think InTheShed sits at the head of our forum table, this absolute grow legend would definitely sit to his right.

I hope you will consider making December January his time to be acknowledged and celebrated for all the good he does for 420 Magazine in supporting Rob’s mission. Carcass has proven himself to not only be a magical grower, he is the creator of grow inventions. And he is so generous when sharing his grow knowledge. But this old dog is all about learning new tricks. He watches other great growers closely in order to learn new ways to achieve better grows. It didn't take Azi long to convert yet another SIPper. Lol!

Carcass quite simply has changed the way many in here grow. And if you want it, he will mentor you with such a happy heart. He has literally hand held me through multiple grows. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so often I need things explained, then re explained, then a diagram lol, and carcass is always so obliging even with diagrams. And while I can be as dumb as a rock, I also have this stupid confidence that always outweighs my ability too, so many times I've not listened and my grow has gone pear shaped and carcass’s response is always the same, no judgment, kindness and encouragement.

My grow goal is always to achieve that beautiful CarCanopy carcass is celebrated for. And while I'm getting closer, I still haven't yet got there. Im thinking by 2025 it will be my time to shine.

Thank you carcass, for all you do to help, whether that be sharing your grows, talking us through the steps, coming to our rescue when we send up the 420 MAG Bat signal with the @, or sharing your punny lame arsed dad jokes. Win or lose, you're a winner to me Xo

♥️♥️♥️

@CaptainLucky

I would like to nominate Captain Lucky. He is very knowledgeable and always helpful with his tips and advice. We regularly tried to keep up on everyone's journals and interacts with everyone in a way that greatly promotes the 420 community.

@Absorber

I'd like to nominate Absorber because the old Aussie is literally always monkeying around the site. Up trees one minute, digging for gold the next he's also next level MacGyver armed with some plastic filament he's turning his grow tents into custom works pieces of art. His plants aren't too shabby either. Always fun around the site and source of great fun wherever you are but particularly in the eastern hemisphere, showing that 420magazine.com is truly a global site.
I would like to nominate Absorber for Member of the Month – Jan. 2024

Absorber can often be found greeting new member and making them feel welcome.

He can be found around the forum helping other growers that may have a problem or just encouraging them by telling them they are doing a great job.

Absorber is often regarded by many growers as a knowledgeable source for information on different growing styles.

He also actively promotes our sponsors when the need arises.

@Bill284

I would like to submit @Bill284. In the time I've been here I see Bill as being the most helpful overall. He's also sponsored by Vivosun, one of our sponsors, so I would imagine that would qualify him as also helping out site sponsors. He actually directed me to a Vivosun pump they have so not only does he do shout outs for them but he actively drives sales.

@Carmen Ray

I would like to submit @Carmen Ray. Carmen Ray helps out lots of people on the site. Her attitude is great and she doesn't come off as someone that thinks they know it all like me. She seems to be the auto guru along with hosting a very nice community within her thread that is also very helpful when it comes to questions about growing.
I'd like to nominate Carmen Ray, a great contributor, who welcomes new members and provides good sound advice. She always presents a positive attitude and is a fantastic ambassador for 420 Magazine!

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom