Afgoo - First Time Seed Grow

Thanks, i only wanted to keep the damn bugs off my babies but no... it just had to burn her!!! i was all mad, but its ok, shit happens, and i know they understood, especially when they saw daddy take and put that nasty spray right into the trash can!!!

So i checked on A2's roots yesterday and noticed that the roots are rounding about at the bottom of the pot, so i went out and bought her a new pot!!! last 1 til final resting pot!!!
the laterals on A1 are extending out just nicely, noticing new growth everyday!!! i'll be putting up new pix soon!!! stay tuned!!!

:peacetwo:

If you've never made a mistake, you have never grown mj! :) I've seen way more experienced growers on this site make worse mistakes, so were not alone bro!!! :high-five:

Take your time with the transplant and treat those roots like delicate silk threads and you'll be fine. Look forward to the pics!!

well its not gonna be very big . 2 maybe 3 scrogged plants . its gonna be in soil and im gonna use cfl lighting . and im planning on ordering this bad boy well ... bad girl actually :p
! Barneys L.S.D Feminised Seeds - Barneys L.S.D Feminised Seeds - Updated:28/06/2011

nice!!! yea my setup is gonna be able to hold 3 maturing ladies, so thats what i am going to go with, i have quite a few seeds now and want to start with the seeds, but i already got someone looking for the strains that i am ordering, so i have to wait til those ladies will be done!!! its all good!!! i have the seeds sitting in a nice cool and dry spot!!! with my white widow i did CFL lighting as well!!! wasnt quite enough wattage, but its all i had to work with and it did the job just right!!! lovin my product!!! are you making a CFL fixture or are you free hangin it??? or did you pick up a fixture from the hydro shop??? what soil you gonna use???

If you've never made a mistake, you have never grown mj! :) I've seen way more experienced growers on this site make worse mistakes, so were not alone bro!!! :high-five:

Take your time with the transplant and treat those roots like delicate silk threads and you'll be fine. Look forward to the pics!!

:high-five: right back at ya!!! good to hear that im not alone on the messups!!! lol but i would like to make a few as possible!!!
and no worries on the transplant!!! i have transplanted many of plants, just not of these ladies!!!

Alright i have to upload the pix!! be right back wit them!!! just did LST to A1... see ya soon!!!

and here they are!!!
first off this is A2, not much to show off except her new home, her leaves are starting to big finally!!! i was getting worried about her!!! guess she just didnt like the cold more than A1... anyways heres A2
Old home
SAM_13051.JPG
SAM_13061.JPG

NEW home!!!
SAM_1333.JPG
SAM_1338.JPG

and here is A1 with her new LST goin on!!! this is yesterdays pix, she is already reaching for the light again!!!
SAM_1334.JPG
SAM_1337.JPG
SAM_1340.JPG

enjoy!!!

Hey Astron. Nice pics and good job on the transplant. Is that fishing line you used on the LST? Just wondering because I understand that fishing line and thread can actually cut into the plant. You may want to consider changing the tie's to something maybe a little more thicker that won't cut. Just a thought...:)

Hey Astron. Nice pics and good job on the transplant. Is that fishing line you used on the LST? Just wondering because I understand that fishing line and thread can actually cut into the plant. You may want to consider changing the tie's to something maybe a little more thicker that won't cut. Just a thought...:)

damn it??? really??? good eye my man!!! its not fishing line, but it is sewing thread!!! for sure i will have to get some shoe string then!!! alright i have to head out now and go get some!!!

thanks for the info!!!

just posted the same thing 3 times by accident and cant work out how to delete it :/ can anyone tell me how to ?
sorry

im gonna make a cfl fixture and iv got no idea what kind of soil im gonna use yet , what would you recommend ?
how many cfl's did you use with the white widow ? and what was the wattage ?
im gonna go and check out your white widow grow now actually :p
:thumb:

Good ta see ya Debudman

:yummy: you mean this white widow?? :rollit: you sure you want to hit this??? :tokin: cus it has me like this!!! but if you want some!!! :passitleft: here you go!!! careful dont hit it to hard, cus you'll be all :cough: then you'll be all :scratchinghead: where am i??? then your gonna be :sleep:.... now like i said be careful!!! cus this is gonna be a bumpy ride!!!

im gonna make a cfl fixture and iv got no idea what kind of soil im gonna use yet , what would you recommend ?
how many cfl's did you use with the white widow ? and what was the wattage ?
im gonna go and check out your white widow grow now actually :p
:thumb:

what up Qiou,

I used 2x 19w 1x 23w 1x 27w 2700K 2x 23w 6700K that was what i used for flowering... for veg i used 4 23w 6700K with soda can reflectors!!! ghetto i know, but its what i had to work with!!! hope you like my WW journal!!!

damn it??? really??? good eye my man!!! its not fishing line, but it is sewing thread!!! for sure i will have to get some shoe string then!!! alright i have to head out now and go get some!!!

thanks for the info!!!

Find those the shoe strings yet? Inquiring minds want to know! :):):)

Hope all is well with your grow.

like 2 minutes after i read your post!!! lol i actually found some really small rope that i have been using to measure my ladies, but i had a lot more than i needed so i cut it in half!!! thanks again!!! that LSTing is coming along good too, do you think i should pull the lateral branch that is being fully covered, it is stretchin a lot to try to find the light!!!

really??? how you figure??? how does that show?? today was the warmest it has been in a while now, it got to 84 F today!!! is it the leaves? how they curl inward??? i notice that they do that when the sunlight is on them, at night they just droop...

Hi Buddy. :grinjoint: I just had to come and look at your ladies. When I saw you had Afgoo seeds I couldn't believe it. I have lusted for that plant for years. We don't have dispensaries here so I can't get a clone. I was thinking "Oh! Boy seeds at last".
Not to be,,,again. :smokin:

Your girls are look good. You may not want full sun on them until they are a bit larger. They are young and sensitive. It may have been just the picture, but I thought I saw some yellow leaves.

Over all looks like you are doing good. :yahoo:

what up Qiou,

I used 2x 19w 1x 23w 1x 27w 2700K 2x 23w 6700K that was what i used for flowering... for veg i used 4 23w 6700K with soda can reflectors!!! ghetto i know, but its what i had to work with!!! hope you like my WW journal!!!

i got 2 30w and 2 23w at the moment but my only concern is it getting very hot in the grow box ... ill just wait and see and if it does ill probably find a solution .
went through your ww journal . was intresting . lucky you dident get any major problems on your first grow ! :D or you just got a green thumb :thumb:
hope i get that much off my first grow :)

thanks for the info!!!

I know it is different having to harness your plant down on a pot, but on my outdoor I used the green ribbon tape. It is about 1/4 thick and comes on a spool. You just rip it off with your hands as you need it. Works awesome and doesn't cut the stems. I use it on my tomatoes all the time.

1663484482700.png

Hi Buddy. :grinjoint: I just had to come and look at your ladies. When I saw you had Afgoo seeds I couldn't believe it. I have lusted for that plant for years. We don't have dispensaries here so I can't get a clone. I was thinking "Oh! Boy seeds at last".
Not to be,,,again. :smokin:

Your girls are look good. You may not want full sun on them until they are a bit larger. They are young and sensitive. It may have been just the picture, but I thought I saw some yellow leaves.

Over all looks like you are doing good. :yahoo:

well hello OMM,
its an honor to have your stamp in my book now!!! lol yea i have those 2 Afgoo seeds going outside right now, A1 is doing the best right now, just taking off!!! while A2 is just starting to launch her rockets now!!! im sure it had to do with the weird amounts of cold that we had gotten this spring!!! but they are doing great now!!! I still have 14 more Afgoo seeds right now that i can still plant, but im thinkin about doing those for indoors, with the 3 GDP seeds that i have now also!!! I started Germinating 1 of my GDP's so i can hurry and throw it outside before it gets to late!!! thanks again for dropping by!!!

i got 2 30w and 2 23w at the moment but my only concern is it getting very hot in the grow box ... ill just wait and see and if it does ill probably find a solution .
went through your ww journal . was intresting . lucky you dident get any major problems on your first grow ! :D or you just got a green thumb :thumb:
hope i get that much off my first grow :)

thank you, glad to see that you went through it!!! yea the only major problem was at the last week prior to harves i started getting powder mold on the fan leaves!!! oh and that i topped it!!! live and learn!!! lol although i do have a green thumb, i have been growing Habanero peppers, serano peppers, and jalapenos for quite some time, its only til now that i got my state card and now allowed to grow medical cannabis!!! its alot more fun to grow this!!! and i love the end results a lot more!!! whats great also is that i feel i get a much better high from my own, compared to the dispensaries!!!
Dont worry about the heat problem!!! as long as you have a fan to blow in cool air, you shouldnt have a problem... remember on CFL's that its the balast and the actual bulb its self that produce the heat, as long as the fan is blowing in fresh cool air, and the light bulb doesnt touch the leaf, your good!!!

I know it is different having to harness your plant down on a pot, but on my outdoor I used the green ribbon tape. It is about 1/4 thick and comes on a spool. You just rip it off with your hands as you need it. Works awesome and doesn't cut the stems. I use it on my tomatoes all the time.

1663484468743.png

Debudman, my man, whats good wit ya!!!
i was seeing this stuff also, but i was kinda thinking about getting the vine ties, does the green ribbon tape hold in place for LSTing??? how does it hold on to the pot??? just like the rope??? this is my first LST so i have been nervous about snapping her stem!!! but she is coming out of it just fine!!! so far!!!

so with LST should i start pulling the little branches out from the under neath of the canopy??? they are getting caught on the main stem, will they make it through???
after doing some reading, i read that you should start seeing pre flower formations in the 4th internode... when it says that, is that when the branches are still horizontal with each other or is it when it is ascending??? preflowering, does it happen when shes ready for flowering? or is it when its nearing that part of the season??? and lastly, when she does start to flower, will my patio light hurt her dark period??? i dont understand for the dark period on outdoors, there is no way unless you build something to block out light to keep it fully dark!!! i'll take pictures of the area and surrounding light producers at night so there will be visuals!!!

Back
Top Bottom