Afgoo - First Time Seed Grow

Not sure how the green ribbon works on the planter pots, all I could say is that you can try it. The rolls are certainly cheap enough and you could for sure use them to tie up your tomatoes and cucumber vines...(They work awsome). The beauty is you can tear the pieces off by hand easily with no scissors or knife. You then pull a piece off big enough and wrap it around your stem. Then you pull both ends that will pull the stem down to where you are ancoring the ribbon. You then tie a standard knot and pull the ribbon. It will pull the vine closer and closer till you get it where you want it. Then wrap another knot to finish the job. Maybe this was to much information as you probably already know that. Haha..

As for LSTing, I don't read into that much and get that technical. I just bend as many of the tops downward as I can. I have 2 main goals for doing this..
1. Keep the plants low profile so they are trained to grow horizontally for the most part. This provides a more stealthier grow.
2. Allow more sun to get in through the center to produce more dense growth with higher yields.

As for whether the outdoor patio lights and such interfer or hinder the plants required darkness period is a good question. I've had one grow years ago that surely I could not notice any impact. The plants produced buds as long as my arm. I had all my lights set on motion detectors that would come on and off regularly. I would surely like to hear the answer if you ever find it...

Well man...it's over 100 here today... Scorcher. My ladies are sunbathing out there.. The shorty converted to veg and is still growing.. The wierd thing though is if you peel the foliage back and peek in there you see some pretty strong flower development with strong skunky smell and crystals. On the top of the plant though, new veg growth.. Not sure how to deal with this one other than to let nature take its course and let it grow.

Happy 4th Man...

whats good Debudman!!!
where have you been??? not seeing any updates on your journal!!! wheres the pix??? i wanna see this flower then veg that your speaking of!!! i feel ya on that heat!!! it is 98 right now here. we had a overcast all day and now the sun came out!!! i have those same goals for the LSTing!!! i cant wait to see the amount i get from the LST and the outdoor!!! its gonna be such a great ride!!!

:peacetwo:

guess what!!!!!!!!

SAM_14151.JPG

can you see it!!! can ya, can ya!!! ya see it, ya see it!!! huh??? huh??? huh??? its right there!!!

SAM_1417.JPG

Pistols!!! yea buddy!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::partyboy::party::party::loopy::loopy::goof:

sorry like the header says, first time seed grow!!! I am so happy!!! now lets see what Afgoo has to show!!! cant wait to see whats under that skirt!!!

guess what!!!!!!!!

can you see it!!! can ya, can ya!!! ya see it, ya see it!!! huh??? huh??? huh??? its right there!!!

Pistols!!! yea buddy!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::partyboy::party::party::loopy::loopy::goof:

sorry like the header says, first time seed grow!!! I am so happy!!! now lets see what Afgoo has to show!!! cant wait to see whats under that skirt!!!

The "Y" chromies show nicely!!! :bravo: Great pics and congrats Bro!!! :allgood:

Hey aston congrates on you new girl! Looking good! Was wondering if i can get a late hall pass from you and turn it into a season pass? Wanna see her make yummies!

The "Y" chromies show nicely!!! :bravo: Great pics and congrats Bro!!! :allgood:

congrats!! :high-five: :roorrip: :theband:

Hey aston congrates on you new girl! Looking good! Was wondering if i can get a late hall pass from you and turn it into a season pass? Wanna see her make yummies!

Thanks everybody!!! :welcome: CV!!! how goes it!?!?!? you got here just in time!!! like i have told everybody, its gonna be one hell of a ride!!! as you seen i just found out that i am now the proud father of 1 Afgoo!!! hoping that i have a follower with Afgoo 2!!!

@mac, unfortunately i have no pesticides, thats why i was trying to win NOTM or POTM... but yea due to empty wallet syndrome, i cant get any at the moment, i am working on getting my indoor setup ready for the launch at the end of this month!!! going to have an exclusive journal!!! wont get into details about it!!! :eek:fftopic: anyways just keep an eye out for the link in my signature!!! now :focus: every day, i wake up i go outside and check under her leaves!!! all of them!!! and i get out my little magnifier and check all of her leaves!!! being as how you've done LST you know it can get confusing on which leaf you have already checked!!! lol, but it must be done, ever since i burned the leaves with the other pesticide that i had, i am afraid to spray anything else on her!!! I did however, spray the whole backyard with some Home Defense Max crap thats not even keeping ants away!!! works great for the indoors though!!! but it has in turn kept pests out of my plants since that post about them!!! havent found one yet!!! i took all the plants off the table, then i sprayed the table, and then cus i didnt have any garlic cloves, i got ghettofied and put garlic powder and salt out on the table... i read that thrips dont like the smell of garlic!!! had to improvise!!!

Happy 3rd everybody!!! lol i will be back tomorrow for the actual happy Independence day!!! you damn over achievers!!! and you all grow??? what kind of sign of patience is that??? LOL!!!

whats good Debudman!!!
where have you been??? not seeing any updates on your journal!!! wheres the pix??? i wanna see this flower then veg that your speaking of!!! i feel ya on that heat!!! it is 98 right now here. we had a overcast all day and now the sun came out!!! i have those same goals for the LSTing!!! i cant wait to see the amount i get from the LST and the outdoor!!! its gonna be such a great ride!!!

Sorry Aston...
I've been a bit preoccupied lately.
I decided to attempt to cross off one of my big todo's (exterior house painting). It is a huge project since I don't have anyone to help me.
Fortunately though I have a sprayer so it helped speed things up quite a bit.

As for the update on my children... they are growing up and filling out very nicely. Fortunately there are no boys around to attempt any funny business... :) I am definitely past due on updating my LST tie downs. I hope to do that tomorrow. I will try to get some new pics for you next week. My tomatoes and cucumbers are growing awesome too. They also help to provide a great cover so my ladies don't stick out so much.

Today I watched a Marijuana documentary from Mendocino County.
They interviewed one family who said they couldn't take it anymore cause all their neighbors had grow operations on every side of them...haha. They didn't want this situation to provide a bad influence on their kids. I think they just need to educate their kids instead of trying to put a blindfold on them and hide them from reality. They make it into a bad thing when it is not. I do disagree with those however, that try to take advantage and go overkill for profit. Those people I think should be prosecuted. They ruin it for the legitimate people. Anyway, it was pretty interesting. They were showing backyards with grows that had plants up to 20 feet high. Another guy had like 6 plants that were about 10 feet tall and like 10 feet wide..
I also seen a news article the other day with more talk of shutting down more dispensaries and how the legalization has gotten way out of control.
I keep hearing controversy and the talk goes back and forth. It's always this battle between State, Federal, and County laws.. Hopefully they can all come together on something that works and leave it alone. But you know how that goes.

I see that you are still showing off with your high res camera...haha. Very nice pics in deed. It sounds like we are both proud fathers. Where did you get your seeds? I would like to acquire a good seed source that provides quality seeds at reasonable prices. Also would like to try to find one fairly locally, but not sure if that is possible since most of the good ones are out of the states.

Talk to you later my friend..

:peace:

Sorry Aston...
I've been a bit preoccupied lately.
I decided to attempt to cross off one of my big todo's (exterior house painting). It is a huge project since I don't have anyone to help me.
Fortunately though I have a sprayer so it helped speed things up quite a bit.

As for the update on my children... they are growing up and filling out very nicely. Fortunately there are no boys around to attempt any funny business... :) I am definitely past due on updating my LST tie downs. I hope to do that tomorrow. I will try to get some new pics for you next week. My tomatoes and cucumbers are growing awesome too. They also help to provide a great cover so my ladies don't stick out so much.

Today I watched a Marijuana documentary from Mendocino County.
They interviewed one family who said they couldn't take it anymore cause all their neighbors had grow operations on every side of them...haha. They didn't want this situation to provide a bad influence on their kids. I think they just need to educate their kids instead of trying to put a blindfold on them and hide them from reality. They make it into a bad thing when it is not. I do disagree with those however, that try to take advantage and go overkill for profit. Those people I think should be prosecuted. They ruin it for the legitimate people. Anyway, it was pretty interesting. They were showing backyards with grows that had plants up to 20 feet high. Another guy had like 6 plants that were about 10 feet tall and like 10 feet wide..
I also seen a news article the other day with more talk of shutting down more dispensaries and how the legalization has gotten way out of control.
I keep hearing controversy and the talk goes back and forth. It's always this battle between State, Federal, and County laws.. Hopefully they can all come together on something that works and leave it alone. But you know how that goes.

I see that you are still showing off with your high res camera...haha. Very nice pics in deed. It sounds like we are both proud fathers. Where did you get your seeds? I would like to acquire a good seed source that provides quality seeds at reasonable prices. Also would like to try to find one fairly locally, but not sure if that is possible since most of the good ones are out of the states.

Talk to you later my friend..

:peace:

well its against forum guidelines to talk discus that kind of thing, but seeing as how i am not promoting anything by telling you i dont think it breaks those guidelines... I got them out of a sack that i got from my local delivery collective!!! they had a plant herm and seed and they let it go at discount price!!! i was way happy when I found em!!! 14 Afgoo seeds, and my most recent find, 4 GDP!!!

Hey Astron. Nice pics and good job on the transplant. Is that fishing line you used on the LST? Just wondering because I understand that fishing line and thread can actually cut into the plant. You may want to consider changing the tie's to something maybe a little more thicker that won't cut. Just a thought...:)

astoner420, If you go to home depot or lowes buy some #14 coated wire. It works great for lst. drill a small hole in the side of the pot, make a hook on the plant end and bend the wire on the pot end so it stays in place. The plant wont even know it's there.

astoner420, If you go to home depot or lowes buy some #14 coated wire. It works great for lst. drill a small hole in the side of the pot, make a hook on the plant end and bend the wire on the pot end so it stays in place. The plant wont even know it's there.

Thanks for the info on that Crookedfinger!!! i might have to get some of those for the indoor grow that i am getting ready and setup!!!

thanks so much for the info mate!

No problem there Cmitch!!! hope everything works out for you!!! are you going to make a journal of your grow??? let me know i'll be right over!!!

Hi Buddy. You are totally correct on the green lights. They do not attract insects either. Have one out side and one in the grow room. :thumb:

Hey thanks for clearing that up for me OMM i will be definitly getting me one of those!!! it doesnt matter that the green light is CFL does it??? thats all that walmart has...

o_0 GDP good night time stuff :)

Yes it is!!! i love GDP!!! it is my all time fav!!! right up there wit ATF and Purple Kush!!!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

@Mac, unfortunately i have no pesticides, thats why i was trying to win NOTM or POTM... but yea due to empty wallet syndrome, i cant get any at the moment, i am working on getting my indoor setup ready for the launch at the end of this month!!! going to have an exclusive journal!!! wont get into details about it!!! :eek:fftopic: anyways just keep an eye out for the link in my signature!!! now :focus: every day, i wake up i go outside and check under her leaves!!! all of them!!! and i get out my little magnifier and check all of her leaves!!! being as how you've done LST you know it can get confusing on which leaf you have already checked!!! lol, but it must be done, ever since i burned the leaves with the other pesticide that i had, i am afraid to spray anything else on her!!! I did however, spray the whole backyard with some Home Defense Max crap thats not even keeping ants away!!! works great for the indoors though!!! but it has in turn kept pests out of my plants since that post about them!!! havent found one yet!!! i took all the plants off the table, then i sprayed the table, and then cus i didnt have any garlic cloves, i got ghettofied and put garlic powder and salt out on the table... i read that thrips dont like the smell of garlic!!! had to improvise!!!

Happy 3rd everybody!!! lol i will be back tomorrow for the actual happy Independence day!!! you damn over achievers!!! and you all grow??? what kind of sign of patience is that??? LOL!!!

I can relate to the budget issues! So much to do and so little cash to do it with. :) I'll keep an eye out for the new jrnl and best of luck with NOTM and POTM. Keep on kicking bro your plants look nice and healthy.

Happy 4th!

I can relate to the budget issues! So much to do and so little cash to do it with. :) I'll keep an eye out for the new jrnl and best of luck with NOTM and POTM. Keep on kicking bro your plants look nice and healthy.

Happy 4th!

Thanks so much Mac!!! it makes me feel that much better for me to hear that, seeing as how this is my 2nd grow, 1st time from seed, and first time outdoors!!!

Thanks so much Mac!!! it makes me feel that much better for me to hear that, seeing as how this is my 2nd grow, 1st time from seed, and first time outdoors!!!

Hey Buddy Good luck in the great outdoors. :cheer:
As far as the lights go...those green CFLs are what I use. :high-five:

ok everybody,

so i did the transplant on A1 yesterday evening before i took off to the fireworks show!!! when i got home this morning, she was fast asleep!!! so i take it that she took just fine, especially afteri woke up this morning and she had her leaves, out, wide, and full!!!

SAM_1423.JPG
SAM_14261.JPG
SAM_1427.JPG
SAM_1428.JPG
SAM_1430.JPG
SAM_1435.JPG

see all those roots!!! well its i have to go out and make sure they dont need water!!! its a hot 1 out there today!!!

yea her leaves are all poppin out again!!! i noticed that the growth had slowed down again, so i checked those holes and had 3 peeper roots!!! so i knew it was time!!! not to mention you cant do any transplanting in Indian Summer!!! i think it starts on the 14th or the 24th... cant remember which now!!! but yea im thinkin about 1 more transplant into maybe an 8 or 10 gallon... but we'll see if they will be ready in time if not, then the 5 gallon, is going to have to do!!! but now it brings me to Afgoo 2, i have to put her into a 5 gallon before also!!!

Back
Top Bottom