AfricanGrower's 1st Hydro Journal - Ebb&Flow - Bubblelicious 2013

looking great! I would flush for a longer period of time before you harvest to speed up the curing process.

Looking at my Gucci it's about that time!

looking great! I would flush for a longer period of time before you harvest to speed up the curing process.

That's an interesting point there Real! Thanks for the advice!

I can clearly see why the strain is Bubbelicious!!! Damn AG, those buds are big as forearms and appear to be very dense, I predict above 8. Awesome snag of that purple nug too. You should put it in a little jar and fill it with Acrylic Resin
to encapsulate it and enjoy it forever. Also notice your sugar leaves, though further along than mine, appear to be showing the same inner tric colonies as mine which makes me feel a lot better. Is this a Sativa characteristic? Anyways, great grow! I am really enjoying your journey with the Bubb and her Bagseed sister.

MINI UPDATE

Just stumbled upon some interesting finds in the grow room today. I decided to go in for a daily temperature check and pH check, when I found these little 'nanners'

20140119_135735.jpg
20140119_135759.jpg
20140119_135814.jpg
20140119_140032.jpg
20140119_140553.jpg

It only seems that the right side of the plant is affected, with only 2 or 3 colas showing pollen sac growth. I suspect that this has the ability to multiply over night so I have decided to start a flush either tonight or tomorrow, and plan for a harvest mid-week, depending how severe the sacs become.

The leaves were just starting to turn purple too:lot-o-toke:

20140119_140131.jpg
20140119_140202.jpg

Those nanners should be fem pollen, so could save them for breeding purposes if you want. Those buds look nice though, nanners or not.

So I have decided to chop everything tomorrow, after a 24 hour dark period and a 4 day flush. I will leave the few colas that are producing sacs to pollinate themselves and cultivate some FEM seeds this time around. Thanks for the advice on storing them B, but I can't imagine I (my lack of experience in that field) could keep it sterile long enough for breeding in 4 months time.

Well I hope you guys CAN'T recall the time when I expressed my displeasure with this strain (pheno in specific) of Bubb in this journal...because I take that all back at this very moment :bong: After a toke of that purple nugget, my mind was blown into the highest 'state of mind' I have ever been in my recent years! Wow, is all I can say about this bud so far. The high didn't last too long, but I know these MORE mature buds (a long with a nice long cure) will pack a lot more potency within.

See you guys tomorrow with some harvest pics, good night :peace:

:thumb:

That's awesome actually AG, at least I think. I was hoping to extend after harvest to see if I can get her to self pollinate and make some seeds and save some as well. So from where I'm standing you're in good shape so long as you're content with tric color ratios.

Any chance I can get ya to take a few rips of your washed bagseed buds?

Any chance I can get ya to take a few rips of your washed bagseed buds?

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face reading that :)

I have started the harvest session with 3 massive tokes of the washed buds. Man oh man, the high is getting stronger each week in the jar, (duration-wise). The smoke is definitely still VERY smooth, but I have not compared it to the un washed buds that have been curing for the same amount of time. But for one, the green, leafy taste is almost gone.

So I have decided to chop everything tomorrow, after a 24 hour dark period and a 4 day flush. I will leave the few colas that are producing sacs to pollinate themselves and cultivate some FEM seeds this time around. Thanks for the advice on storing them B, but I can't imagine I (my lack of experience in that field) could keep it sterile long enough for breeding in 4 months time.

Well I hope you guys CAN'T recall the time when I expressed my displeasure with this strain (pheno in specific) of Bubb in this journal...because I take that all back at this very moment :bong: After a toke of that purple nugget, my mind was blown into the highest 'state of mind' I have ever been in my recent years! Wow, is all I can say about this bud so far. The high didn't last too long, but I know these MORE mature buds (a long with a nice long cure) will pack a lot more potency within.

See you guys tomorrow with some harvest pics, good night :peace:

AG, I am so very looking forward to seeing pictures, and so excited for you and this day, for which you have painfully waited 5 months. I read your post last night on my phone about harvesting today, and it got me thinking about what type of person it takes to do this kind of stuff. Patience, discipline, knowledge, modesty, and the list goes on. I do remember you having doubts about the phenotype of this strain. I remember you putting together equipment for this grow with very little budget, and now the day has finally come! Congrats to you!

>>>I will leave the few colas that are producing sacs to pollinate themselves and cultivate some FEM seeds

Did the clones not make it? Do you not have any seeds left from your nirvana order? How will you know when the seeds are ready to harvest? Do you think it's worth over-ripening a "few colas"? I'm just curious to your reasoning here. You know I never just accept your actions without making you explain them. That's how I learn ;-)

Anyway, I know you're harvesting so have fun. I hope we can get a little youtube video so we can really see the size of those babies.

AG, I am so very looking forward to seeing pictures, and so excited for you and this day, for which you have painfully waited 5 months. I read your post last night on my phone about harvesting today, and it got me thinking about what type of person it takes to do this kind of stuff. Patience, discipline, knowledge, modesty, and the list goes on. I do remember you having doubts about the phenotype of this strain. I remember you putting together equipment for this grow with very little budget, and now the day has finally come! Congrats to you

That means a lot to me bro, especially coming from a person as skilled in the field as you are.

>>>Did the clones not make it? Do you not have any seeds left from your nirvana order? How will you know when the seeds are ready to harvest? Do you think it's worth over-ripening a "few colas"?

:laughtwo: Without you, and many other's curiosity, I myself would not have learned as much as I know now. SO I answer with this:

The clones in the cubes rooted but soon died off from dehydration; the clones in the bubbler never rooted.

I still have 8 more Nirvana Seeds left to plant. I will be saving those for when I have the space to plant all, if not most of them.

I am basing my seed harvest on whatever I can get in 2-3 weeks time. I have sprouted my new strain and will be nursing it in the PC case for the first 2-3 weeks of both seedlings life. Based on what I have read in other journals it can take up to 4 to 5 weeks for pollination to occur, and the ripening of the seed. So I will be playing it by ear. In my update below I will explain what I growth I left on the plant and why.

>>>I'm just curious to your reasoning here. You know I never just accept your actions without making you explain them. That's how I learn ;-)

:thumb:

23/1/2014

HARVEST DAY 85: PART 1

Well it about that time of the year fellow growers of 420! Harvest has finally arrived an I couldn't be more excited. I will be making two parts to my update just to keep the subscribers on here in the loop of my process. The first part will consist of before/after photos of the 24 hour dark period, branch cutting, a sample cola, and left-over growth. Part 2 will contain the rest of the trimming, bud washing, and the total wet weight of the buds for statistical purposes.

On to the pictures:ganjamon:

Here is the Bubb just before defoliation and a 24 hour dark period yesterday.

20140123_080141.jpg

Here she is this morning looking frostier than ever.

20140123_083331.jpg

Yesterday, just before dark I manged to cut a sample cola off the branch for weight comparison and just to see what I am dealing with in terms of trimming time...

20140123_083411.jpg
20140123_083720.jpg
20140123_085259.jpg
20140123_085350.jpg

The wet weight of this cola came out to 46.8 grams. Being an average size cola in comparison to others, I hope too see colas surpass 100g :bong:

20140123_090457.jpg

Now today I was able to cut about 95% of growth that was on the plant. What I left was light green in color, and barely received any direct light penetration. I plan on starting up a flower feed at a PPM of 750 to start off and see where she picks up form there. By leaving this amount of of growth I hope to accomplish two things: 1. More mature lower nugs; 2. If given enough time, be able to breed FEM seeds. If time is not permitted, I will have pollen mature enough to attempt preservation. Either or is a win for me as the amount of growth left is insignificant, in my eyes, to the amount of bud harvested.

20140123_094408.jpg
20140123_094419.jpg

Out of all the bud sites left above, about 6 or 7 of them have pollen sac development.

Now this is everything I cut down so far that I will prepare for trim. This is the point where I am at now, typing this into a post. (A smoke break is in order with the community :passitleft:) I plan on washing 1/4 to 1/2 of this harvest using a 3 bucket method and varying temps. More on that will be in Part 2 of this update and on the Bud Washing thread.

20140123_095618.jpg
20140123_095803_Richtone_HDR_.jpg

Now back to work I go. :Namaste:

Congrats AG... :goodjob:

Awesome harvest bro, I didn't realize your Bubb had so many tops and you were still able to leave a bunch. Congrats go w/o saying!

Back
Top Bottom