Ak-47 - LED - DWC

I'm glad you think that dusty. Means a lot coming from the most productive 100 watt-er I've seen thus far. If I could emulate what you've done one day I'd consider that a great success.

Anyone want to wager a guess as to how much longer I've got with little Akela?

Or how about a pool on what I can bring in dry weight if I make it to Harvest?

I'm going to say 30 days left and 30 grams dry if that's not considered insider betting. Not like it's much of an advantage as this is my first plant lol.

What do the watchers out there think?

IMG_20141019_050339.jpg
Wooh I love the good vibrations for Akela.

On a weird note one of my leaves decided to do a back flip. Don't know what's up with that.

Having some unforseen issues with temperature. It is way too cold in the grow room. Growth is slowed and phosphorus absorbing is also slowed. I believe this is what the flipping of that leaf was about.

Tried a small heater on low and was way too warm in a half hour. Currently have both the Platinum and the topled reflector on to try and build some heat, but that doesn't help me during lights out.

I'm thinking a small 17 watt propogation heat mat under the dwc bucket may help? What do you think?

Temp was 13 in the tent and that can cause stress. Currently have it at 23 with the use of the space heater the two 100w light panels and me running in and out with my Lazer thermometer unplugging the heater every half hour.

You could also put a fan at the top of the tent pointed down at the lights, that would push all of that warm air down to the plant as well. The heat mat will work but you gotta watch the temp.

Keep in mind you want your root zone and reservoir under 70 degrees but you want you canopy temps around 80 or so... I dont think a heating mat on under your reservoir would be a good idea. Just my opinion. A dehumidifier would be a solution and heating source if price is not an issue. My grows always require one in flowering anyways. Just added heat for a plus.

Well I got the thermostat set up. I can get it to be 21 c at the canopy pretty steadily and 18 c water temp for now. I'm comfortable enough with the situation that I can go to bed but I'll be rushing out in the morning to see if there's improvement. I really hope so as I've been working hard at reducing my energy cost and had my lowest bill in years. Now adding a heater kind of nullifies that. My fault for growing two males and wasting the good weather

One thing I've noticed so far is the smell has really kicked in. Maybe my smell had been missing due to temperature the whole time. Oh well here's hoping for the best for here on out. My hair brushed a bud and smelled heavenly for about half hour. Very citrus fruit, flowers and baby poop in the most pleasant way possible.

Don't see much changing. Don't even see many calyxs. Just lots of hairs

The calyxs I do see are super swollen though. They look like they're about to burst.

I think the cold really messed up the top most part of the plant. It's got purple leaf tips and some other abnormalities but hopefully it either pulls through or whatever happened up top could possibly turn into unintentional back building of the buds.

The more I look at this plant the more I think it's going to go well into November . I think it will be over 10 weeks of flowering but I have no experience. Hopefully I harvest in time to have a nice cure and some Christmas home grown for my family and friends.

Hope all is well out there wherever you are.

I can't remember if that's an auto or not. I know all my strains have gone longer than they say, but that's also cause I was counting flower at the flip instead of when they actually started to flower. Can't wait to see how she finishes

I think that you not knowing it's an auto is a compliment.

Yes it's a 76 day old autoflower that is 43 days from its first hairs. I never thought she would go this long.

Yeah, wildjim has fast and vast autos, one finished in the 60 days it said, the other just started flowering a week ago and will probably go to 75-90 days total. I wouldn't worry though. She still seems on track to give you a nice harvest

I harvest my cannabis plants by trichome maturity. You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

Hydrofarm_AEM30_30x_Active_Eye_Loupe.png

Active Eye Loupe, 30X

Back
Top Bottom