Ak-47 - LED - DWC

Re: Ak-47 . Led . Dwc

I Agree the first few weeks were better under 96w of CFL at 6 inches than it was with the led at 24 inches. But the growth that is there looks more even and healthier with the led I found just not as bushy of a seedling.

I wanted to run the CFL but it was 200 watts and I would have had to make an extension cord for my home made CFL fixture and I didn't want to so I settled for the led and added the air pump into the grow room to boost the temperature during seedling stage.

Re: Ak-47 . Led . Dwc

1409538763689.gif
Playing around with this phone I made an animation showing the slow but steady growth of Akelas lovely green leaves

20140901_211653.jpg
20140901_212735.jpg
20140901_211832.jpg
20140901_211917.jpg
20140901_212351.jpg
20140901_212915.jpg

Here she is again, hope you're not bored of her.

PH went up by 1 pt to 5.7 so I'm sure everything is working smoothly in my brew.

Anyone think I should raise or lower the lights. I know with these leds you have to play with them but with an auto there's little room for error so any experience would be appreciated.

heads up (i would have loved if someone had explained this to me on time):

you should get a cal-mag supplement ASAP
plants grown under LED panels use more calcium and magnesium than other plants grown under other kind of lights, i have some experience with autos and i only grow with LED lights, so believe me LOL

if you visit my last journal you can see how my lack of calcium and magnesium supplement produced other deficiencies and lockouts like phosphorus def:

if you've got any extra time :)

Hey professor good lesson there. Had noticed with my previous grows that they asked for more calmag than with CFL

What I've been doing is making my Nute bath with 5 to 8 ml per gallon of calmag, then to keep the levels up I add another 5 ml to a gallon of rainwater which o use to top up the reservoir every few days

So far so good with that method, no burns, lockouts or twisted leaves so far... knock on hemp

Good info though for those who are watching

Okay so I did as suggested and turned the led on fully. Hope they like the increase in wattage from 80w to 100w. The increase is primarily in the red spectrum and the addition of infared and uv. I heard those aren't optimal during Veg which is why I've had bloom mode off. Then again there's a lot of good grows with full spectrum so I should be good.

Battled through a heat wave the last few days and today Temps dipped a bit finally. As of lights on it was 23 Celsius in the grow room and plant appeared perkiest it's been in days.

Opposite problem is not far either as in the same week its almost 40c outside it will be dropping to around 8c overnight.

Easier for me to heat things up than cool them down anyway. Worst comes to worst I'll throw in the big 200w CFL along with the leds.

Although I was looking at using plls as supplement side lighting and heating during the winter instead of one honking bulb. I'll start looking into that a bit later as I'd like to hope for decent weather for a bit longer

Thanks for the love, I'll try to get a pic of her perky goodness tonight.

She is definitely coming into her own me thinks. Lower leaves still have some droop to them. Getting better now that it's not scorching outside.

Still just on 2ml per gallon flora Nova grow + 1ml floralicious plus + 5 ml calmag per 4 litres of rain water and 8 ml voodoo juice beneficial bacteria.

Might up the nutes soon but she almost looks to have an excess of nitrogen. PH is 6.0 now has been 5.6 through to 6.0 gradually other than a weird drop when it was really hot that I was worried was root rot. Think it was just evaporation.

Tomorrow is a week at this strength. I'll decide when I get home which is about a half hour before lights on so I can comfortably work while her roots have an air bath for half hour in the dark.
Have heard my nutrients are organic and will never burn the plants but I don't want to waste them and like I said I almost see too much nitrogen. Maybe I should switch to flora Nova bloom because that's what's suggested in the Lucas formula and has less nitrogen.

Thanks for watching. Here's some 5 node pics.

20140902_203334.jpg
20140902_203317.jpg
20140902_203358.jpg

Looks great!

Watch the newest growth and pay attention to the shade of green. More yellowish green means she could use some more nutes. Try to basically keep the new growth close to the color of your established fan leaves. Too dark of green and she either has too much nutes or not enough light. It will droop if it isnt getting ample light to nutrient ratios. I caution this because once the leaves build with excess nitrogen, they will burn and become unproductive even if you then lower the light after you notice. Of course you dont want it too close, either. However, if the leaves begin to sag and become darker, you may need to either lower your light or feed less. I find this to be one of the most important dynamics of growing.

Thanks for that info very helpful. Took the plants to more natural light for a look and once again over reacting. Upped the nutes to half strength today. Also ran my ducting more efficiently and dropped a couple of degrees.

Check it out everything's looking great
20140903_170404.jpg

20140903_192140.jpg
20140903_192149.jpg
20140903_192158.jpg

Here she is after a rain water pour through and 30 minutes of air bath.

By pour through I mean I got about 1 l of ph 5.8 rain water and poured it through my hydroton into an empty bucket.

Don't know if that's a common technique just thought I would do it

She's been sitting in her new brew for about 2 hours now. Looks much better.

Current mix is 4 ml floranova grow, 8 ml calmag, 1 ml floralicious plus and for added protection I'm continuing to run 8 ml of beneficial bacteria while temperatures are still breaking 25 Celsius outside.

Added the bacteria differently this time. Separated some Nute bath and bubbled it with the voodoo juice for the half hour then added that into the bucket through the top of the net pot rather than adding to the res.

Looks like every leaf has lost its slight droop

Back
Top Bottom