AK1 Three Tent Grow Baby

So any thought as to what the Hell that plant is? I'm thinking its a male

A bit to early to tell with that pic. How many nodes does it have? 5-6 usually does it to begin the development. Should know without doubt in no more than 2 weeks I'd say. Be patient.. JMHO

I agree. It is a little early to tell. But I am leaning male as my male looked very similar early on.

You only give me all the more reason to visit the great Northwest of this country. That along with Alaska and Hawaii I have never been. It is on my bucket list of sorts. Not sure if I wanna make one more long motorcycle trek or another mode of transport. I hate the idea of flying anywhere now a days. To me it isn't worth the hassle, let alone what they wanna charge for the privilege of being hassled extensively. Last time I rode that way I made it to Wyoming. Beautiful country... from Florida to Cali I have been, just not the NW.

Hey buddy!

I agree that it's a little early to tell if that one is a male, but I'd definitely keep an eye on it, as I know you will. That pic just isn't conclusive at all (to me). Crazy on the flowerer - exception to the rule perhaps. Is it getting strong enough light? Bulbs aren't old/weak/too far away, etc.?

That's what I was thinking X. In my short experience with GLR I noticed the plants getting the least amount o light seem to show flower before (ie plant in the corner or under shadow of a bigger plant). It's like that hour of light in the middle doesn't hit them if you get what I'm saying. Never had one full out flower like that but it's something to look into.

was a weak plant to begin with. Not the healthiest of clones but I had to put something there because I miscounted how many clones I had. That's why veg took so long as my clones weren't the happiest and they needed some extra time. I really am having a hard time with cloning the last 6 months or so.
The current clones I have been trying to start have been in the ez cloner for two weeks and the majority so far are not showing any roots at all. I just don't get what I am doing wrong.

I have found in my grows cloning ease was directly relational to the environment in which they sit. Not just the room's ambient temp and humidity but also the water or medium characteristics. I have struggled plenty myself but do believe I am getting a solid handle on things as they change. I find it differs from medium to medium as well. May I ask what are the details in your cloning process?

Water condition
Water temp
Sterile or Bene
Lighting periods and levels
Are you supplementing in any way?

I have cloned in soil, coco, rockwool, perlite, and bubble cloning currently in straight well water with no humidity dome.

What do your cuttings look like after all that time? Rarely do I need to go past 14 days to get rooted. I will root a week longer for hydro till I see adequate roots for my taste. I have had to go as far as 21 days if cloning a flowering cut. I will take clones as far as 2 weeks into flower with no issues. How may I help?

I get my best results when the temps are upper 70's even as high as 80.

I have mostly used straight well water which can run 235+ ppm @ .5
Humidity? The only time I have used a dome is when cloning in rock wool, soil, and coco.
I mist once a day with same water when in the above. I initially water the medium then only mist from there on when in dome.

Bubble cloning requires no dome as I am sure the EZ-clone is the same.
I add a bit of H2o2 and Super Thrive at times, in a clean cloner. I feel under the right conditions ST can create an issue as would any kind of organic matter at those temps. Hence the clean cloner to start. I would suspect Zone would work as well. Aquashield alone will work but that is a component of the bene tea which is a more cost effective application.

Watch the cutting closely if it starts to turn any color other than white roots, it is in a hostile environment.
Hostility tends to be Heat, Cold, or nasties growing. Discoloration of the cut are signals of disease. Next batch I am going to run a little beneficial tea in the res and feed the root zone. Lighting generally is indirect. CFLs work great for cloning as do floro. If my process is under a big light I will shade the cuttings. With cfl and such, farther away works. NO direct heat stress from lighting!

Cutting quality is a component as well. Clean tools required through the whole process. I take cuttings from the base of healthy plants in veg. I am removing the lower fluff and getting a good woody cut. Nothing more than a 45 cut and if extra woody I may scrape one side a tad. I also try to choose a cut that has a node or two to trim off near the cut. Rooting hot spots.. I immerse them in water immediately after cut. I do use a rooting hormone everywhere but in bubble.

Back
Top Bottom