All Organic High Brix

I found a few things when looking into the lava sand that you might want to look at...

One was Zeolite, which also is known for a ton of minerals and a very high CEC, I guess its a major ingredient in a lot of cat litter.

Another that looked real interesting was this product called Volcanite which was like a mineral salad... It contained Basalt Sand, Red Lava Sand, Greensand, Granite Sand and Zeolite. I read Granite sand though is not good to use because of the Mica content and it doing somthing to inhibit the microlife...

I was looking into the azamite but it has lead in it, as well as the greensand, so I will probably discontinue using the greensand after this run...

I also was looking into the green glacial rock dust which is supposed to be pretty packed with goodies...

don't sweat the lead in Azomite. It won't hurt ya even if you eat a good amount of Azomite.

I have a large bucket of diatomacious earth that is packaged as a micronute source. It's very good and I add it to my teas once in a while. There's no lead in it. I wouldn't worry about the Azomite and greensand.

I gave the plants a double strength tea today, with a full strength feeding of minerals and organic fert, along with the yucca extract.

I'll spray them with Amaze tomorrow.

how much minerals do you typically mix up per gallon of feed?

how much minerals do you typically mix up per gallon of feed?

I'm using a kit....everything is premixed. I don't know how much is in each feeding.

I use anywhere from one to two cups of Biominerals per 18 gallons of feed water. The Biominerals contains:

Powderized limestone
powderized SRF
"" gypsum
Plantars II trace minerals
BioSol Forte organic fertilizer.

This is added to the tea, along with Yucca extract, right before feeding. So....I'd say we're adding about 1 cup per 18 gallons or so, per feeding.

However, the plants I am growing in pre-loaded soil are doing better than the others so far.

When I get the soil test results back, I'll know exactly what to do as far as prepping the soil for High Brix.

The 6-5-3 ratio gets you very, very close as long as the soil isn't heavily amended to begin with, so that's probably about right for most potting soils. But we'll find out for sure in a few weeks. Definitely before my next grow.

Even if it doesn't get any better than it is right now, it's still the best I've done to date. As you know, my goal is always quality first....I'd rather harvest an ounce of premium bud than 4 oz of decent buds.

The sticky, stinky, colorful buds on these Lemon Paki plants are just superb!

I am wondering where the flowers are on the other plants, however. They were germed under 12/12 and are still vegging....

just a few bro! :rofl:

:thumb:

Yeah, I saw some too. There's a few more of them now, than when those pics were taken. I'll try to get a couple shots today.

Just got my organic gardening kit with yucca and the organic fertilizer kit. :)
^looking amazing Doc.

Good for you! Here's what is going to happen:

All of a sudden, you're going to be growing superb, unusual weed. Many people will think you're a wizard and anyone who tries your weed will comment that it's the best they've ever had, etc.

But you have a secret kit.....don't tell anyone~:peace:

whats the difference between the yucca extract with and without preservatives?

Well, buds are beginning to form. There appears to be more resin. 3 weeks to go!
IMG_25806.jpg

IMG_25755.jpg

IMG_25763.jpg

IMG_25775.jpg

IMG_25795.jpg

IMG_25814.jpg

IMG_25824.jpg

IMG_25836.jpg

IMG_25847.jpg

The picture below really sums it up. This is how they look! It's hard getting pics with the leaves so reflective, but this one shows it right.
IMG_25783.jpg

OrganicTreees

I bought mine w/preservatives to last in the frig. with Amaze and PRG as my plants are at 3 weeks from seed. I have a 2X4 tent with five Endless Sky plants and will use one with OC+ as control, two topped, one "oh natural" and another ? up for grabs. ...lol
This works....I sent a sample of a local blend from "Coast of Maine" (for us east coast guys) for testing and will add whatever may be missing....follier sprays are the key. Use Goggle and search....there is a good e-book out there that explains the history of mineralization of the soil...starting from the 1930's dust bowl.

Doc, I want to thank you for this thread. This will change the way we grow MJ.

Brgds,

John

OrganicTreees

I bought mind w/preservatives to last in the frig. with Amaze and PRG as my plants are at 3 weeks from seed. I have a 2X4 tent with five Endless Sky plants and will use one with OC+ as control, two topped, one "oh natural" and another ? up for grabs. ...lol
This works....I sent a sample of a local blend from "Coast of Maine" (for us east coast guys) for testing and will add whatever may be missing....follier sprays are the key. Use Goggle and search....there is a good e-book out there that explains the history of mineralization of the soil...starting from the 1930's dust bowl.

Doc, I want to thank you for this thread. This will change the way we grow MJ.

Brgds,

John

Thanks bro! That's exactly why I do this.....to help improve things.

Indeed....this works.

Here's after about 10 minutes lights on.

Blue Dream, Lemon Thai, Purple Jack. They've been on 12/12 from germination and were topped (all but one). We're just now seeing pistil formation. I may cut the light back to 11 hours.

I'm wondering if it's maybe these new digilux bulbs? Maybe there's no problem at all? Just seems like veg went on longer than it should have.

IMG_25856.JPG

Here's after about 10 minutes lights on.

Blue Dream, Lemon Thai, Purple Jack. They've been on 12/12 from germination and were topped (all but one). We're just now seeing pistil formation. I may cut the light back to 11 hours.

I'm wondering if it's maybe these new digilux bulbs? Maybe there's no problem at all? Just seems like veg went on longer than it should have.

IMG_25856.JPG

You could make a el cheepo spectrometer and check the output spectrum's on the bulb... I put the link to the instructions on my page and takes less than 5 mins, and can be made with items laying around the house :) will help you see if there heavy blue or not :)

could just be a longer veg.. I have a malawi reg I've been vegging for about 5 weeks now and it still isn't showing preflowers. Great growth, 11 bladed fans, but no pistils, so I cloned and transplanted into a bigger pot.. I'm making it into a monster haha.. Hope it's not a dude after all this.

could just be a longer veg.. I have a malawi reg I've been vegging for about 5 weeks now and it still isn't showing preflowers. Great growth, 11 bladed fans, but no pistils, so I cloned and transplanted into a bigger pot.. I'm making it into a monster haha.. Hope it's not a dude after all this.

I'm pretty sure he did 12/12 from seed on those, at least that is what it says above the pic.

And why don't you take a clone off it and flower immediately in a small pot. Even if you just flower it for about a week or two under a small light it will reveal the sex and then you can determine if it is worth it to Veg it into a beast.

I say this because I grow outdoors, my plants veg for 2-4 months. If I didn't use Fems or sex my Regs then I would be devastated if they were males. I wouldn't have enough time for another 2-4 month Veg because flower season would be over outdoors.

Plus, I don't think anybody wants to put hard work and resources into a plant for a few months just to be rewarded with a male. Unless you want to breed.

I'm pretty sure he did 12/12 from seed on those, at least that is what it says above the pic.

And why don't you take a clone off it and flower immediately in a small pot. Even if you just flower it for about a week or two under a small light it will reveal the sex and then you can determine if it is worth it to Veg it into a beast.

I say this because I grow outdoors, my plants veg for 2-4 months. If I didn't use Fems or sex my Regs then I would be devastated if they were males. I wouldn't have enough time for another 2-4 month Veg because flower season would be over outdoors.

Plus, I don't think anybody wants to put hard work and resources into a plant for a few months just to be rewarded with a male. Unless you want to breed.

They are all females. I saw pre-flowers at day 23 from germ.

They are just slow....slower than normal. It may not be a bad thing, just a slow thing.

I was hoping it would just show sex first, but I have cloned it so once I see roots, I'll be blooming it out, and raising the clone as a mother. I have a nice handful of strains and other moms I'm working with, so I'm not in too big of a rush to find out. I recycle my soil so I'm not wasting any resources either. I would embrace a male if the malawi turns into one and throw some pollen at my super lemon haze. I'm sure a sativa kick would make the strain that much better.

Depending on how much Caco3 you need, could one just add egg shells that have been dried and ground up in a coffee grinder?

Also wanted to add if people are having a hard time finding soft rock phosphate or azomite I found them very affordable from ebay. I know azomite is made here in Utah where I'm from.

Back
Top Bottom