All Organic High Brix

Hey doc, by the way while I am thinking about it. On the half of my plants that are not in the 6/5/3 mineralized soil, when I transplant, should I just use my Roots Organic with some Osmocote+ for some food and then cotinue with selected ewc/guano/compost tea dunks and foliar sprays. Or just soil mix...and then continue with teas and such? I know it might be a little bit before I get a response to this. But I dont want to forget. :Namaste:

Hey doc, by the way while I am thinking about it. On the half of my plants that are not in the 6/5/3 mineralized soil, when I transplant, should I just use my Roots Organic with some Osmocote+ for some food and then cotinue with selected ewc/guano/compost tea dunks and foliar sprays. Or just soil mix...and then continue with teas and such? I know it might be a little bit before I get a response to this. But I dont want to forget. :Namaste:

First of all, thanks to each one of you who have posted on this page with all the kind words!

Mikey420:

You said, "The girls I am trying in the 6/5/3 soil, with my teas and yucca are looking oh so good!"

Then, you asked, "should I just use my Roots Organic with some Osmocote+ for some food and then cotinue with selected ewc/guano/compost tea dunks and foliar sprays. Or just soil mix...and then continue with teas and such? "

I'd say do whatever it is you're doing that is making them look oh so good right now. Yep....I think that's good advice! :Namaste:

Well, I'm back from not seeing my girls for a week. I had someone take care of them while I was gone, except they weren't able to fill the humidifier and drain the dehumidifier......so we had some time with 38% RH and as high as 77%.

Plants look fine. I think I'll harvest this friday as the buds just look fabulous and the triches are 90% cloudy as of today, with no amber. I may let them go another week....just not sure right now. I'll give them another good feeding tomorrow.

The up-and-coming plants went off the reservation and grew about a foot while I was gone. They are very, very slow to flower and have now stretched like nothing else besides the Columbian and Willie Nelson.

There are lots of pistil now, but I was NOT ready for the stretch. The Thai I know stretches a bit, but I did not expect this from the Blue Dream or the Purple Jack.

I don't know what the problem is just yet....or even if there's a problem, but the plants are freakishly large....and also quite healthy.

RE Bugs:

I have a couple mites and even some thrips. You would never know. There isn't any visible damage to anything.

I think the bugs don't get quite enough nutrition to live long enough to breed or something, because there's no sign of any infestation and I've sprayed NOTHING. (except the Amaze and PGR. No compost/worm tea on this run)

I forgot the camera, but I'll get some new pics up tomorrow. I think people will like the pictures. I was certainly pleased with how they bulked up over the last week.

I'd say they are above average in every way.

The Doctor is in!!! wohoo!!! hope you had a nice trip Docbud!!

Thanks for the advise and compliment! My girls would not look so good if it wasnt for your help. I decided against the osmocote+ for my indoor plants and think im going to use it on the ones I have outside. Also, I am using my high brix soil on 4 heirloom tomatoes plants that I planted. But anyway, Im glad your back and I cant wait to see updated pics and your beautiful buds all nice and manicured. :Namaste:

The good, the bad, the nearly ugly:

Over my absence high temps reached 100 degrees! Highest rH was 78%. AC unit requires moisture in the air to cool effectively, and since the humidifier wasn't filled....you get the picture.

However, the plants don't look too bad! The high temps were only for a day or two max.

They aren't as pretty as they would have been without the extreme couple of days, but they are every bit as dense and dank. It's the best product I've grown to date, based on a nug that I pulled over a week ago and vaped.

This is the way I grow now.
IMG_26153.jpg

IMG_26002.jpg

IMG_26013.jpg

IMG_26024.jpg

IMG_26034.jpg

IMG_26042.jpg

IMG_26054.jpg

IMG_26065.jpg

IMG_26074.jpg

IMG_26085.jpg

IMG_26095.jpg

IMG_26104.jpg

IMG_26114.jpg

IMG_26125.jpg

IMG_26135.jpg

IMG_26146.jpg

Damn man tell Jack Frost to take a break! It looks like it snowed all over your plants :)

Looks like this high brix method is really living up to it's name. Do you own a refractometer ? Or are you planning on getting one?

I have access to one....I live in wine country. I will probably buy my own too.

I'm going to take readings on harvest day of the petioles and leaves. I'm looking for a number above 12....we shall see.

I didn't use any Snowstorm on these ladies, and I think a couple feedings with that might take the resin to another level. But since I was using the industrial strength foliars I didn't want to mess with another hormone. Next time I'll give it a try....maybe on the newer plants up and coming.

The best part about it is that they went from Wednesday to Sunday without water....no wilting, they just consumed fan leaves and kept growing.

No bugs, no rot, no mildew....pure, organic produce.

I can whole heartedly say that High Brix works as advertised. I recommend everyone move in the direction of mineralized soil and a robust microherd.

Time will tell what nutrients are best. I'm going to tweak the next grow a bit and use more fish ferts I think....just for experimental reasons.

I'd be happy to just use the kit, except the plants are getting too big. They didn't have veg time and already they're over 4 feet tall.

Wow Doc, let truth be told, DAAAAMMMNN!!! your nugs look amazing, so lime green and healthy!! I can't wait to see how the high brix turns out in my garden. So far my stems look like yours do, a super bright green :) +rep for all the help you have provided and for introducing a healthier and superior way to grow MMJ to us :Namaste:

Wow Doc, let truth be told, DAAAAMMMNN!!! your nugs look amazing, so lime green and healthy!! I can't wait to see how the high brix turns out in my garden. So far my stems look like yours do, a super bright green :) +rep for all the help you have provided and for introducing a healthier and superior way to grow MMJ to us :Namaste:

Thanks bro! I'm still learning plenty. I'm looking forward to the next grow with the high brix techniques.

FWIW, here are some takeaways from the initial effort:

1.)fortified soil works better with the kit than un-fortified.
2.)The PGR and Amaze create freakishly large plants, use with caution

I'll be correcting those mistakes immediately.

The plants withstand stress far better when the brix is up. They also smell stronger and more complex and from what I can tell, the potency seems to be stronger. Flavor is off the hook, based on a tiny bud that I vaped without drying or curing.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the product is a month from now!

Doc!!! This is amazing either you are a amazing grower of brix is now the only way to grow. Or both carnt wait for the smoke report.

Now you have grown a truly amazing crop, how would you fortify your soil mix for the next grow.

Great work and thanks for sharing your know how with us all.

Smooth

Doc!!! This is amazing either you are a amazing grower of brix is now the only way to grow. Or both carnt wait for the smoke report.

Now you have grown a truly amazing crop, how would you fortify your soil mix for the next grow.

Great work and thanks for sharing your know how with us all.

Smooth

Good question!

Next time I'm going to use Vermisoil, with a bag of Alaskan Forest Humus added, along with the rock powders and azomite as described many times in this journal. I'll about 2 cups of my super soil to the lower half of the pots.

I'll use microbial tea with every watering, like normal, but I'll use some fish ferts for feedings, alternating them with the biosol/planters II mix in the kit.

we'll see how that goes!

Sorry for asking questions you had already answered. I got the test results from my soil sample the other day, some of the information was a bit confusing but they recommended some seer rock dust and some other stuff which I have ordered.

They also recommended that I feed with 1 pint apple cider vinegar, 1 pint regular cola , 1 cup of household ammonia diluted in 5 gallon of water. but they didn't recommend microbe tea or foliar sprays

I have order the kit, and the folar spray anyway but don't know if I Shuld use them or if to fortify the soil or not.

Thanks again

Sorry for asking questions you had already answered. I got the test results from my soil sample the other day, some of the information was a bit confusing but they recommended some seer rock dust and some other stuff which I have ordered.

They also recommended that I feed with 1 pint apple cider vinegar, 1 pint regular cola , 1 cup of household ammonia diluted in 5 gallon of water. but they didn't recommend microbe tea or foliar sprays

I have order the kit, and the folar spray anyway but don't know if I Shuld use them or if to fortify the soil or not.

Thanks again

You had International AG labs test your soil? Could you please take a pic of the letter and post it? What kind of soil?

I'm a little over halfway done on trimming. All the main colas are done and most of the secondary colas. There remains about 1.5 pounds of mixed nugs to harvest. Total yield somewhere around 3.5 pounds.

the calyxes really swelled up over the last week or so, and the color changes are pretty cool. I've been feeding them right up until monday this week. Today I gave them a small drink of molasses and I'll start round 4 tomorrow.

Some of the lower nugs are getting really happy since I cut off the tops. I'll get some pics of them tomorrow. A few are really gorgeous.

IMG_26524.JPG

IMG_26533.JPG

IMG_26546.JPG

IMG_26563.JPG

IMG_26573.JPG

IMG_26582.JPG

IMG_26593.JPG

IMG_26554.JPG

IMG_26625.JPG

IMG_26633.JPG

IMG_26643.JPG

IMG_26603.JPG