AllSmiles - 2016 - Indoor - LED - Grow V

off to a great start :)

Loving the humidity in there :smokin:
Here we go!

Ima ride with ya on this adventure. I need to get me a dome or something. Iv been so worried about temp I didnt even notice my tent has like 30RH with a low of 10RH. Im slightly behind you right now so I can still look for a fix. But I ran some test Seeds and they sprouted ok.
Im not sure if this has been asked or answered and sorry if it has but what are your plans for them. LST scrog or you just letting them go all natural.. Either way Im here for the ride. Good luck.
Welcome ItsNatural! My RH is similar to yours in the basement. I'll be firing up the humidifier soon. As for plant training I'll do some LST and will probably top all these girls above the 3rd node then flip to flower after a week for my 2 gallon girls. I was going to let AI go natural but now I'm not so sure she'll make it. For my 3-5 gallon girls i'll do the same training but will probably fim any aggressive growing branches.

Nice starts, stout and low. I hope Aurora comes to the party, but if not, who's on deck? :cheer:
I'm not holding much hope for AI. Normally when they go past 4 days they won't sprout in my experience. I did have one that didn't sprout and I drowned it in water for a few days and a tap root came out but the plant was slow to grow throughout. On deck is either Amherst Sour Diesel or Sour Diesel #2. Though Super Lemon Haze could pull up ahead when its time to make the decision. One of those 3 :)

Here we go!

Welcome ItsNatural! My RH is similar to yours in the basement. I'll be firing up the humidifier soon. As for plant training I'll do some LST and will probably top all these girls above the 3rd node then flip to flower after a week for my 2 gallon girls. I was going to let AI go natural but now I'm not so sure she'll make it. For my 3-5 gallon girls i'll do the same training but will probably fim any aggressive growing branches.

I'm not holding much hope for AI. Normally when they go past 4 days they won't sprout in my experience. I did have one that didn't sprout and I drowned it in water for a few days and a tap root came out but the plant was slow to grow throughout. On deck is either Amherst Sour Diesel or Sour Diesel #2. Though Super Lemon Haze could pull up ahead when its time to make the decision. One of those 3 :)

Wow. That's tough.

ASD is a really fun plant to grow, with luxurious and huge fans. She's a classic beauty. The high is great, but more for later in day, as she gives you an even keeled happy dream-stone, and she'll let you get as stoned as you want. I like that in a girl. I like cleaner, more UP highs while the sun is shining, so I save this for when I'm done with work for the day. More indica than the others maybe..

The one SLH I've grown so far, was a pretty plant, very sativa, but nothing real special to watch. The high though (I'm vaping her now) is super nice, and very clean and happy UP type of high. Amazing stuff for a morning brainstart. I really want to include her in my next run in the 4x4, but I'll just convince someone local to run her for me while I enjoy Chemfest 2016 ;) I haven't run that other girl, but you know - she's looking hella nice, I'd like to see her too. :) But you've just grown a bunch of sativas...

I'm excited to see what you pick. :cheer:

Placed the jiffy pellets in some soil this morning. While doing this I noticed that Aurora Indica is not the one that didn't sprout:lot-o-toke: It was Medusa. Medusa is yet to sprout. AI is the strongest girl out the gates.
IMG_41479.JPG

I'll introduce the LED to them in the next day or two to get them acclimated. Wanna get them started young on the LEDs.

Ha, a no-headed Medusa. :laughtwo:

That reminds me. My current stable has some Rare Dankness Ghost Train Haze #1 in it and this little girl popped her head out New Year's Day...so I decided not to kill the new year's baby. It sprouted fine, pushed out and this is what it's done. Stalled for a good week or so and now, finally, just barely pushing some green from the meristem. WTF?!

gth_retard.jpg

GTH_retard_zoom.jpg

:) #autoLST

She's got a set of laterals under the top, so if she doesn't grow out of it, maybe chop her head off. :hmmmm:

That's an idea! I just may do that at some point, but was hoping to get a good set of 5-petal leaves before mauling her. I noticed the green at the node too only after zooming in. My old-ass eyeballs can't see those little bits very well anymore.

Anyway, I don't want to "jack" Allsmiles playground. Just thought it weird and somewhat relevant to the "headless" comment. ;)

Ha, a no-headed Medusa. :laughtwo:

SLH smokes great. Think Panama, without that thicker feel - just clear and up and more in the eyes and front of the head than the top.
:laughtwo: There some reflective fibers in them pellets or something and she stoned herself. :laughtwo:

That reminds me. My current stable has some Rare Dankness Ghost Train Haze #1 in it and this little girl popped her head out New Year's Day...so I decided not to kill the new year's baby. It sprouted fine, pushed out and this is what it's done. Stalled for a good week or so and now, finally, just barely pushing some green from the meristem. WTF?!

gth_retard.jpg

GTH_retard_zoom.jpg
What the ef? What kind of funky crazy mutation is that. It would be kinda fun to see if that thing gets hairy and buds. But if the laterals don't show growth I'm with CS. Off with her head!
:) #autoLST

She's got a set of laterals under the top, so if she doesn't grow out of it, maybe chop her head off. :hmmmm:

That's an idea! I just may do that at some point, but was hoping to get a good set of 5-petal leaves before mauling her. I noticed the green at the node too only after zooming in. My old-ass eyeballs can't see those little bits very well anymore.

Anyway, I don't want to "jack" Allsmiles playground. Just thought it weird and somewhat relevant to the "headless" comment. ;)
It's all good up in here Gov! Thanks for sharing that.

Girls have been under LED for a week now. Growth is still slow. I just added a little ceramic heater in the room as the temps only range from 59 to 68. Wanna bring that up to mid 70s during lights on and not go below 60 at night.
IMG_41594.JPG

Medusa never sprouted and is officially in the trash. I decided to put Amherst Sour Diesel in her place. This is ASD starting to break soil. I germed her using paper towel and put the sprouted seed directly in soil and under led.
IMG_41608.jpg

Yeah man, I am seeing the same thing going on at the Co-op. Slow, and some longer nodes. Hard time of year to Veg, if you get real low temps and low RH. I tweaked the venting, and lighting to help keep RH and temps up. more light than really needed just to add heat.

ASD is one of my go-to smokes. I'm having some now. :grinjoint: Beautiful plant to grow. Looking forward to seeing her again. :circle-of-love:

yeeeee buddy, here we go :)

Yeah man, I am seeing the same thing going on at the Co-op. Slow, and some longer nodes. Hard time of year to Veg, if you get real low temps and low RH. I tweaked the venting, and lighting to help keep RH and temps up. more light than really needed just to add heat.

ASD is one of my go-to smokes. I'm having some now. :grinjoint: Beautiful plant to grow. Looking forward to seeing her again. :circle-of-love:
Yeah. RH is teens to low 20s this time of year. I have to refill my humidifier twice a day to bring it up to 60 in there. Looks like the heater kept the temps up at 64 last night and its currently 72 in there so I'm thinking that should help. Gonna crank up the heat just a little.

ASD I'm thinking will stay shorter since she is starting out under LED. The other girls were under a big dome and I couldn't put the cfl's as close to them as I would have liked.

yeeeee buddy, here we go :)
Yeah baby! Noticeable new growth this morning. Hopefully they kick it into 2nd gear here.

Girls are chugging along. We are now 14 days old from seed. ASD is 7 days.
IMG_416612.JPG

Girls haven't stretched much if at all since LEDs :) Temps are under control now with the heater ranging from 78 to 64 at night. I didn't realize this but raising the temps lowers the RH. Before the addition of heater RH was in 60s now it is 40-50. So I read up on it just to make sure I wasn't just high and it turns out warmer air holds more moisture. My humidifier is already on full blast so the girls will just have to make do :)

Girls are chugging along. We are now 14 days old from seed. ASD is 7 days.

Girls haven't stretched much if at all since LEDs :)

Green & healthy little girls AS...excellent start. I've compared seedlings started under T5's & LEDs. For me T5's gave better early growth but LED root systems blew out T5 roots. Also started planting direct in final pot, which has also really improved seedling growth & development. :Namaste:

Looking good, low RH is not a problem. Keep misting them with water before you turn on the lights, and they'll feel much better :thumb:

Green & healthy little girls AS...excellent start. I've compared seedlings started under T5's & LEDs. For me T5's gave better early growth but LED root systems blew out T5 roots. Also started planting direct in final pot, which has also really improved seedling growth & development. :Namaste:
Thanks Brights! I too noticed slower growth at the start when using LED. ASD is displaying that slow growth right now. A T5 panel would be nice to veg with. I wouldn't have to deal with all the light bulb sockets for cfls. Think I will try planting direct in pot with 1 or 2 strains this go around.

Looking good, low RH is not a problem. Keep misting them with water before you turn on the lights, and they'll feel much better :thumb:
Hi conradino! An honor having you stop by! A big fan of the way you grow. I've been misting the girls on every visit. So a good 10+ times a day :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom