Another Poor Man's Grow!

Haha ok. The only thing I would absolutely recommend even for a new grower are grow big(veg growth) Big bloom & tiger bloom(more yield flowering cycle) It is the nutrient line of fox farm. For nice size bottles of all that will last about 3 grows( plant amount depending) its gonna be about 70.00 which isnt bad at all considering the extra ounces of pot you will gain. If you think of it in those terms its like they are paying you to use their nutrients.

Glad to of helped. Anytime you can get a bit more yield im there. Also any help you need im there. Take it easy.About to head to your journal now.

I think the yellowing is from the Shultz's soil (Time Released Ferts) & misting combined. I wouldn't add any more nitrogen at this point.

I agree I think it is nute burn based on my personal experience with this dirt. It has done this in other grows but stops after a week or so after they are a bit larger. I try not to mist heavy. Just a few sprays to wet the leaves. Should I discontinue this method?

I mist when the lights just turn on since the bulbs wont be to hot at that time. By the time to bulbs are running at full the leaves will almost be dry. A lot of people try to water right at lights off but I wouldnt ever do that. Why add a element for mold to thrive on purpose?

Awesome poor mans grow, what cfl are you using And how many also what size is the box. Im starting a budget cfl closet grow and have alot of questions about cfl lighting and how many i need for my space ( 3ft6inx3ft2inx1ft2in ) and have two 65w/6500k model 9266 from lights of america and one 13w 900 lumens spiral cfl. Whats opinion on this setup so far was thinking about adding more spiral but im not sure if i should just swith to all spiral like your set up. Any advice would be so helpful thank you. Good luck and happy growing :tokin:

Awesome poor mans grow, what cfl are you using And how many also what size is the box. Im starting a budget cfl closet grow and have alot of questions about cfl lighting and how many i need for my space ( 3ft6inx3ft2inx1ft2in ) and have two 65w/6500k model 9266 from lights of america and one 13w 900 lumens spiral cfl. Whats opinion on this setup so far was thinking about adding more spiral but im not sure if i should just swith to all spiral like your set up. Any advice would be so helpful thank you. Good luck and happy growing :tokin:

Hello VC and welcome to my grow! Sounds like you have plenty of light for veg. Also sounds like you have florescent tubes and one CFL. If im wrong correct me and in case you didn't know, CFL stands for "compact florescent light" which is the spiral ones or the larger curved ones. Either way, you should be ok on light for the first month. After that, maybe even before, you can add more light. I have 1 55watt 2700k cfl 2 23watt 2700k cfls 1 23watt 6000k cfl and 1 13watt 2700k cfl. They are working great for veg. It is better to have more 6000k light spec in veg but I just went with what I had.:) My box, and I just measured it since I estimated at first, is 1'11h×1'3w×1'9d. The trick to using CFLs is getting them as close to the plant as possible without burning them. 2-4 inches is great. Another trick I like to use is a fan. Not only is the going to give your plants constant fresh air, it will help them develop a stronger fatter stem/trunk and keep the the bulbs cooler allowing you to get them even closer to the plants. I hope this helps! Ill be posting pics and updates in a few minutes then you can see how they can look in a months time. :Namaste:

Ok Yeah the two 65w are curved like 3 big U with the bigger base in flood light type housing and i also have one straight tube a t8 17w 8000k 24" how many plants do you think this is good for and when i go to flower should i keep same set up but switch them with 27k-3k bulbs or just add more bulbs with original ones from veg ( mostly ive seen people use one or the other) what are pros n cons to have lighting mixed K for veg n flower . I also have two PC fans installed as intake and exhaust . Thank you so much for help this is my first grow on my own in a long time and first trying to do just cfl so any advice is very helpful Happy growing

How much water do you give them at a time from sprouts till now im always afraid to over water now im worried its not enough haha Thank you again

Hello all! Its been awhile since I've did an update because I work now and I'm always tired after work. So today I have off and here I am!:ganjamon: Its day 31 from seed and day 1 of Flowering. Yes I made the switch a week early because after I switched over to 18/6 the started exploding with new growth. I made the switch to 12/12 last night so I should know the genders in a week or two. I will be adding two 55watt 2700k cfls in place of the two 23watt 2700k cfls for better flowering results. I really didn't want to change anything about this grow but I figured why not if its for the better. If anyone is using a similar lighting set up as I am then you should still be fine for flowering but if you can afford to add just one 55watt 2700k cfl or bigger you can add a few more grams to your harvest but if not you'll still get a nice amount with the lighting set up similar to mine (before I added 55watt cfls). The lights are like $9 and some change at Wal-Mart by the way. Well time for some beautiful pics!:yummy:
20140411_173323.jpg
20140411_172431.jpg
20140411_172406.jpg
20140411_172411.jpg
20140411_172418.jpg
Here are the F1s from my two beautiful stinky unknown strains that I bread last year.
20140411_173140.jpg
20140411_173152.jpg
20140411_173058.jpg
20140411_173043.jpg
20140411_173028.jpg
20140411_173109.jpg
Here are the new unknown strain seedlings. Can't wait to see some bud and taste the quality. I hope I strike gold this time.
20140411_172852.jpg
20140411_172912.jpg
20140411_172715.jpg
20140411_172618.jpg
20140411_172707.jpg
20140411_172809.jpg
Some still have some nute burn but still no biggie :allgood:

Looking Great, I can't wait for mine to get that big. Good job man. :bravo: :goodjob: "Keep the green side up!"

Thanks shadowman! I was the same way lol. I try not to check on them more than twice a day. I will admit, its hard not to just go in there and watch them grow lol. I noticed that I have become a lot more patient since I started growing. I wish you the best of luck on your grow and harvest! :Namaste:

Looks good so far. Good job adding the measurements its a nice help

Back
Top Bottom