Aspen's Top Feed Undercurrent RDWC Blue Dream

I've cut clones at 3weeks in flower, have them now, doing great
They did take awhile to look like a plant again, like 4-5 weeks

I don't do many clones, PW is the expert for sure

Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate everyone's time and input. I think I'm about over this plant, to be honest. I can't handle (logistically) more than one plant. I'm only set up for a single RDWC site, with control bucket, and that can't change (for reasons). I'm left with tending to only one plant at a time, so I either see this through to the end, or it gets cut down and we start anew. I don't mind waiting a while and seeing what she does next.

Day 91 / 48 flower

PH: 5.9
EC: 1.9
WT: 80
TT: 76
RH: 49

Water level is down with EC and PH remaining constant, so she's drinking and eating. I did notice water uptake had slowed in the past couple of weeks from the cropping. Maybe now she's healed up and headed in the right direction.

2 colas are touching the top of the tent now, which is half an inch above the light rig. If I were to take all the leaves and buds off, this bitch's stems would be in a giant S shape. She's been cropped on every branch, in two different locations, and she's still stretching up. We're in week 7 of flower as of tomorrow, so idk what else to fucking do. Aren't they supposed to stop growing up around week 3 or 4? I just don't get it. She's also not getting any grow nutes and hasn't for several weeks now.

Another issue: My recirculating pump is balls loud now. Like, holy shit everyone can hear it loud. I checked the stream of water in my control bucket coming from the pump, and it's piddly. The root mass is so large in the plant bucket, it's constraining the water available to the recirc pump. It's just burning itself up trying to suck in an amount of water that it can't get. So, the whole rig is now just a large DWC bucket. I'll flip the pump on when I add nutes and on water changes to circulate everything, but as of today that recirc pump is getting turned off.

Issue #2: I have ... something ... living in my plant bucket. I have an access hole cut into my plant site and occasionally I'll quickly shine a light down in there to check the state of the roots. This time, I noticed little flea-like creatures running around the sides of the bucket and on the top of the water. An entire colony of them are running around. Since I'm using Hydroguard, I assume this to be my beneficial bacteria doing it's thing. And since I'm using Z7, I'm thinking they're working in harmony to keep my 80 degree F water clean. Any thoughts on the sea monkeys living within my plants roots? They're grey / clear in color. More like grey though. They're pretty hard to see, but I absolutely see them moving around, and not just when the water moves. They move on their own.

Enough with the book. Here's some pics.

im strting to read through your journal now because i have a similar sized tent and wanted to see others plant inside. holy crap those plants are tall, i havent read far enough in the journal yet

Thanks for stopping in Dink. I find the tent to be a really nice height, I just waited too long in veg before I flipped her over to flower. I'm also 7 weeks into flower, and she's still got vertical growth going on. This is new to me, and so far in my research I haven't found out why that's the case. She was supposed to stop growing (other than buds) almost 4 weeks ago. So I'm not sure what's going on here. I do love the tent though.

Thanks for stopping in Dink. I find the tent to be a really nice height, I just waited too long in veg before I flipped her over to flower. I'm also 7 weeks into flower, and she's still got vertical growth going on. This is new to me, and so far in my research I haven't found out why that's the case. She was supposed to stop growing (other than buds) almost 4 weeks ago. So I'm not sure what's going on here. I do love the tent though.
im on page 8 so far, trying to find the beginning of flowering, i flip to full 12/12 tonight after a 1 hour drop daily from 18/6

i have a hlg 260 and 3 full spec + uv t5s ( just ordered a kindled micro bar to replace them ) and my first impression was not enough light, last grow i ran the 260 at 25% on the driver at 30” and i had very long internodes, havent got far wnough im the journal yet though

Day 31 / 24 veg

Res change tonight went really good. Took the opportunity to clean the strainer I installed last week, and it did a great job in straining. The suction doesn't bother the roots either, so my pump is perfect for this amount of water.

The inside tops are still too tall, so I tightened the grip on their bindings and brought them down further. I want them even with the outside tops, so they can all grow together with minimal LST from here on out. I also removed the outer fans, as they were covering those outer growth tips.

Probably going to remove those inner fans tomorrow. I want her to recover from the 4 I removed tonight, plus the LST and res change.

Oh. I should mention I used the following nutes for 7 gallons total water:
3.5mL Z7 A+B
17.5mL GH Floratrio
14mL CalMag (2mL/gal this time as opposed to 3)
14mL Hydroguard

took 18mL ph down to get to 5.9. She's at 1.4 EC and 5.9 PH.
i mainlined as well and got the same tearing on in between the stems, it actually ripped up even more, i had to release the lst sticks because i was worried, is that a normal thing you find in your grows as well? sorry not trying to be a pest its just cool we have similar conditions

Day 42 / 35 veg

PH: 5.9
EC: 1.1
WT: 80

Everything has been chugging along quite nicely. She's losing 3/4 gallon of water a day or so now. You can see she's fast approaching my tape mark on the fan, so I'm guessing we're going to go into flowering by the end of this weekend or soon after.

A little peak at her structure. Since I laid down the growth nodes so much, the first node of each of the 4 inside colas are almost at the same height of the nodes around them. Meaning, I went from 8 colas to 16. I can't complain.

This is officially the last root picture, so soak it up! They're entangling the air lines, and I'd be afraid of breaking the roots from the weight of the huge ass air stones. I'll take a peak during water changes and here or there, but I won't be picking it up again.

Am I seeing pre-flowers? It's been over a month now since germ, so from what I've read it's around now when the plant will start developing those.

The raspberry pi is fun to mess with, and I'm still working on setting up a system. Eventually, it'll read the humidity and temp in my tent, and run my exhaust fan to control where the humidity stays. This'll be helpful in flower when I need to keep humidity down. Right now it's shooting up to almost 90 at night, and doesn't hinder it in any way. I'd like to maintain the humidity around 65% or so during veg and early flower.
holy crap that stem is awesome and the growth you get is crazy, i wish i could get that in soil and coco

From what I found Springtails will float in groups on top of your res water. They are white or light colored. They feed on dead roots and shouldn't harm the living roots. Most use hydrogen peroxide to kill them if you absolutely can't live with them. Your higher Rez temp is most likely drawing them in.

i mainlined as well and got the same tearing on in between the stems, it actually ripped up even more, i had to release the lst sticks because i was worried, is that a normal thing you find in your grows as well? sorry not trying to be a pest its just cool we have similar conditions

Ask as many questions as you can!! It's only because Mr. Pennywise here took the time to answer my questions that I am where I am today. (Minus the late flip, that's all on me! lol) This is my first cannabis grow, but I've grown and trained other veggies before. I've never had that happen to any plant I've tended to, and I found it pretty interesting myself. Perhaps it has something to do with the apical dominance of weed plants in general. Do you have a journal set up?

holy crap that stem is awesome and the growth you get is crazy, i wish i could get that in soil and coco

That's exactly why I went with an RDWC. I can only tend to 1 plant at a time, anything more is out of the question in my current living arrangement. I was going for yield before my issues came about, and now I'm just playing the survival game. Before that tho, I had found that hydro tends to yield more, so with my 1 plant stipulation I went with RDWC.

aspen what kind of fan do you have and how are you controlling humidity?

I have two, one of them is a Lasko 5 speed Tower Fan which is placed near the intake at the bottom of the tent. It just oscillates air and keeps circulation going / leaves waving. The second is an iPower 4" exhaust fan hooked up to an iPower 4" carbon filter. That vents out of a sleeve towards the top of the tent. Being in mid flower, the exhaust fan runs 100% of the time which maintains my humidity between 52-48% throughout the day. Prior to flower, when I wanted the humidity higher (during veg) I used a DHT22 sensor hooked up to a NodeMCU and talked to a Raspberry Pi via MQTT and HASS IO. I can get more into detail on that if you want. The point is, I set a % that I want it to maintain in the software and the exhaust fan would turn on and off, maintaining the RH.

From what I found Springtails will float in groups on top of your res water. They are white or light colored. They feed on dead roots and shouldn't harm the living roots. Most use hydrogen peroxide to kill them if you absolutely can't live with them. Your higher Rez temp is most likely drawing them in.

That's what I've arrived too as well. On page 1 or 2 of this journal I used a different Hydroguard product called Defguard. It's just ultra concentrated Hydroguard, but I used way the fuck too much and the resulting colony was insane. That's exactly what I have right now, except right now it's not nearly as big. I made a post on that product, and you can see the pics in my post history. But those bugs are the exact same thing. I'm glad to hear they aren't detrimental. And it's very interesting to see that the Z7 isn't killing them off.

@Pennywise or @Growca2268 how do you guys feel about me turning the RDWC pump off and just keeping it at DWC for the rest of the grow? The pump is just not getting an adequate amount of water, and it's heating up and spouting off profanities very loudly.

Ask as many questions as you can!! It's only because Mr. Pennywise here took the time to answer my questions that I am where I am today. (Minus the late flip, that's all on me! lol) This is my first cannabis grow, but I've grown and trained other veggies before. I've never had that happen to any plant I've tended to, and I found it pretty interesting myself. Perhaps it has something to do with the apical dominance of weed plants in general. Do you have a journal set up?

That's exactly why I went with an RDWC. I can only tend to 1 plant at a time, anything more is out of the question in my current living arrangement. I was going for yield before my issues came about, and now I'm just playing the survival game. Before that tho, I had found that hydro tends to yield more, so with my 1 plant stipulation I went with RDWC.

I have two, one of them is a Lasko 5 speed Tower Fan which is placed near the intake at the bottom of the tent. It just oscillates air and keeps circulation going / leaves waving. The second is an iPower 4" exhaust fan hooked up to an iPower 4" carbon filter. That vents out of a sleeve towards the top of the tent. Being in mid flower, the exhaust fan runs 100% of the time which maintains my humidity between 52-48% throughout the day. Prior to flower, when I wanted the humidity higher (during veg) I used a DHT22 sensor hooked up to a NodeMCU and talked to a Raspberry Pi via MQTT and HASS IO. I can get more into detail on that if you want. The point is, I set a % that I want it to maintain in the software and the exhaust fan would turn on and off, maintaining the RH.

That's what I've arrived too as well. On page 1 or 2 of this journal I used a different Hydroguard product called Defguard. It's just ultra concentrated Hydroguard, but I used way the fuck too much and the resulting colony was insane. That's exactly what I have right now, except right now it's not nearly as big. I made a post on that product, and you can see the pics in my post history. But those bugs are the exact same thing. I'm glad to hear they aren't detrimental. And it's very interesting to see that the Z7 isn't killing them off.

i literally just got back from the store and bought the same oscillating fan lol, its a great idea thanks !
so now inside my tent i have a small fan suspended in the air constantly blowing on the meanwell driver of my qb, i have the oscillating fan and i have a 4” inline exhausting out of the tent through a sleeve.
i also jimmy righed some carbon filter sheets around my intake sleeves, every couple weeks i just use the vacuum to suck the dirt out from the outside of the tent lol.
i also have a humidity controller, but i only use it when drying, i have a vicks cool mist humidifier going on low 24/7 in the tent.
my grow journal is here, its my 2nd grow so still learning but making the connections in my brain everyday, its pretty mich taken over my life lol, this and work.

my plants have no height lol, i started them outside the tent for the first 20 days under less than optimal setting though, im currently 75 days from seed, but between the mainline stress and the planta starting outside the tent under a singlw cob probably 75 days is misleading, probably more like 40 day old plants but i was drying my last crop inside the tent and kept it empty for a week for cleaning and disinfecting before i finally put the gorilla girl in there. the white rhino has only been inside the tent for 3ish weeks now, part of the reason its smaller as well

Back
Top Bottom