Auto Fun At Ganjagrandaddies

Ganjagrandaddy

Introduction: Hi growmies and non growing parties. I am about to embark on another auto flowering run and kicking proceedings off with two interesting strains from Exotic seeds , who I have been fortunate to grow strains of theirs previously. I chose two interesting strains for their smells and potential bud appeal. The cream cookies by Fast buds is one I bought prior to the previous run but never got the chance to germinate then. I like the look of them from a while back and I am looking forward to their end result. I am hoping to get a good sized group of plants that fill their individual spaces with long podgy colas. I am also going to be germinating the next group of autos to follow on from this initial group at week 1 flowering. This should give enough space and lighting to get them into their late veg stage by the harvest of the 1st group. I did similar in the last run with more random spacing so felt that I needed a game plan here at least. I have 3 Fast Buds Gorilla Cookies and 3 Classic Northern Lights ready for group 2 already and am considering running some of the new exotic X Mimosa Lemon beans from the dirty, pollen releasing , ballsack that decided to attempt seeding my previous virgins with she/he's filthy love dust !!!. I suspect the Lemon Mimosa who had the most male profile while growing and is the oddest plant I have ever grown !!. The resulting seeding hit all of the strains it seems with only 2 being at an annoying /loss level. I now have approx 100 seeds from the different harvests ( All autos inc mum/dad thing!). I am hoping that they will follow suit and be viable auto crosses for my ever growing seed breeding Program( unsolicited fumbles !!). inwant to drop a couple in each time I germinate the next batch in the perpetual cycle and hope to keep the run going for at least 4 harvests 4-5weeks apart, before a break back to photperiods again. (have some great photo genetics to run !). This run is only just outside of being perpetual as I did germinate the seeds as I harvested the last crop. I needed to change the diary to be more descriptive of the strains and breeders being done but also to generate some traffic again hopefully. I have missed the interactions of 420 and the great members here. Hoping to rekindle some fires along the way and start some new ones too. Any comments or advice is more than welcome during this journey and I invite you to post pics of your grows if you feel the need to.( not precious here and love a community spirit. ). Any questions or queries will be answered as best I can and I don't intend to waffle either !. lol

Grow space: 6ftx6ft floor space with apex attic roof to 7ft. Headroom allows approx 5ft max height. I have "adapted" a cheap grow tent to fit the space but it is by no means airtight but thankfully is lightproof.
I run a tower fan ( prefer the circulation current and have a dehumidifier for the flowering cycle and have recently bought a vicks vaporiser that provides the perfect Rh for vegging in this room. ( thanks for the tip @InTheShed .perfect)
I am also using an exhale bag to cope with the high temps that are now here in the uk and have the room in the 30°c area !. I have a 6 inch intake fan bringing fresh ( warm!) air in and a 6 inch exhaust fan and filter.
Having spent decades in photoperiod growing with Hps lighting , I converted to L e.d about 18 months ago and have been learning to use them ever since. I have also done a perpetual auto grow of around 200 days with great numbers on the harvests and felt I have learnt a few lessons on auto growing during it. I am finding the auto grows are a lot of simple fun if you dont expect mega yields ( 5oz +) and with a little l.s.t , are willing to work with me on shaping their structures.

Medium: 2x60L Fabric pots 8x30L Fabric pots.
ECOTHRIVE L.o.s. 70%
coco coir 25%
perlite 5%

Feed: Living soil amendments(L.o.s) from Ecothrive-charge and Life cycle.
Greenleaf Megacrop.
Shogun Silicon, Sumo boost(Flowering Booster), PK Warrior 9/18 ( flowering booster )and Dragon Force ( finisher)
Lighting: Mars hydro Sp3000 and Tsl2000
strains: Exotic seeds
3x Purple Gorilla Auto
4x Banana Mash Auto
Fast Buds
1.5 x Cream cookie
Ganjagrandaddy beans
1x(Exotic seeds) Mango cream X (Expert seeds) Mimosa lemon.
1x Mimosa Lemon X Exotic ?.
2nd batch will be Fast buds Northern lights x3 and the new Gorilla cookies x3 2x GGD Cross seeds (tester runs) and another Mimosa Lemon to see of the mega yield was a fluke (5oz+!) and also see if the pheno i got was a freaky one ( pollen sack release too!).

Methods: I will be using Low stress training (L.S.T) , Topping ,F.i.m ( not explaining the abbreviation !.) and keeping them spread out with airflow using Defoliation and removing the lower nodes to promote more focused bud development.
The beginning and to date: I began germination on 19th May and had a 100% germ. Seeds went direct into grow trays with store bought potting compost and into the propagator alongside the previous plants harvesting. After 3 days , all had started to show themselves above the soil and I then put 3 of my X seeds in for curiosity and they popped too after 3 more days !. A great start to the run . 1 of the Cream cookies was not really playing ball and had real problems shedding the husk , it had fell from the effort amd just laid itself on top of the soil with the tap root end drying out. I managed to get the husk off and decided to throw it in the soil again and see what happened. It did reroot but took a few days and shares a pot now with one of my cross seeds!. I never thought it would make it. ( spoiler alert , it didn't!!)
At day 7 , I put the seedlings into their final pots and under the sp3000 . I would have liked to have got them into their pots sooner but didn't have the time to. They have been settling into their pots and I have begun their training , toppings and f.i.m sessions.
The Purple monkey are a little ahead of the banana mash in terms of veg development and are now starting to show the female hairs at their bracts on 2 of them already.

I am at day 21 veg as of today so this feels very quick to show already but their size is already fairly good before any stretching. I have pegged them into their respective positions for flowering now and have hopefully got all of the mains into their own space for max production. It is a very happy and vigorous strain so far and very impressive veg growth.
Banana Mash are slowly getting bigger but nowhere near the growth rate of the monkeys. one of them was a mutant from the off and jas continued to follow ots fate it seems. I am sure @Dutchman1990 would love this freak to play with ( hi buddy..) .
The 3 X seeds are all doing well but way behind the others at this point by about a week at least. The poor 2nd cream cookie did not survive in the pot alongside the much bigger X seed and had drown in the waterings sadly so back to 10 plants now. Her sister is doing good though and has now started her lst too.
The pots are drying on the top few inches within a few days due to the heat here so i am keeping them slightly damp to help the L.o.s stay active and happy. I am adding the mc at 6g per 10L along with silicon and occasional calmag to support the growth towards flowering . there are no signs of any deficiency or burn so far and the green on the leaves is becoming a familiar solent green all over. So rare we have it we are off on new run. I hope you join me on occasion for a wander and chat as this moves forward and if I miss you on the invites , I apologise now ... No pressure ever and please take my invitation as a welcome to my new home on 420 where you can take a load off and have a giggle too.. The following pic dump is of the past three weeks and bought up to date. This epic sized entry can now become a normal diary now its caught up. Enjoy the pics.
Invites too @Listersmeghead , @DonkeyDick @InTheShed @Backlipslide @Trala @ProfessorFlora @Mars Hydro@013 @Tokin Roll @DeeBoy @the universe of future friends.
pi

[

Catch you all very soon. Happy days and freedom is coming
pic dump follows
20210618_115233.jpg
20210618_115222.jpg
20210618_115220.jpg
20210618_115215.jpg
20210618_115210.jpg
20210618_115204.jpg
20210617_134147.jpg
20210617_134008.jpg
20210617_133548.jpg
20210617_133349.jpg

I'm in; I'll take a seat in the back and observe from afar.

I like your selection of seeds. I have not try any of them, and I am always up for buying something different.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..
Welcome aboard buddy. thanks for the vibes

I’m in for the ride also. Thanks for having me.

NTH
my pleasure Nine toed. realised my photo dump didn't put most of the pics up , doh. lpl hopefully update will make more sense haha.Welcome aboard.

I am not familiar with Ecothrive so I did a search on it, interesting stuff. Do use use their microbial tea also?

I just started reading a book on LOS. I more or less do this in my outdoor gardening, but did not fully understand the process. It can be a lot of information to absorb at first.

Tok..
It is a ot to get your head around initially but soon makes sense in action. It 8sba good medium and the no fuss nature could be good but ... I went up to a 60L pot to try to keep the ratio needed for max life in it and still had to add feed when flowering demands hit. it is a case of volume per plants needs and they seemed to say min 40L for eco life survival and productivity. I do use the biosys too but ran out . as a medium for root growth , it i faster than soil but not coco . I now have a mix of 70 eco 20 coir and 5 perlite and then just use megacrop and shogun for flowering boosts. seems to work so far and no issues with burn ect..

Day 22 veg: Hi all. hopefully the pics will post better today and make some sense of proceedings.
I have spent a little time today restaking the ladies into position. They have grown past the recent points quite a bit and are really filling their pots well now. With stretch periods imminent , it should be a full canopy of short , stocky , buds on sticks. The apical dominance (Mainstem focus) of each is being broken to some very promising multi mains. The lowers on the Purple Monkey have now become equal to the 4th nodes so are creating a nice "crown" of mains that should all recieve equal feed and energy focus. They are so close to flowering at only 22 days which is fast indeed and previous autos have been around day 30 before female bracts hairs were evident. All showing as female so far but still on "Nanners watch" in case we have an LGBGTQRSTU in the seed stores...!. lol
The Banana mash have grown out a little more and have been trainable now so they have been staked out to get those beautiful rays into the growing tips. #3 mash has been laid over in a more mainlining fashion to exploit all those stretchy little hopefuls that are now thinking they are the top dog. Looks a very productive girl if she can keep pace before she hits flowering . The Banana are a lot thinner in structure to the others and appear more sativa so I am hoping they will head for the light without losing their limb strength amd need support. They are only just showing tiny bracts hairs on 2 so another week or so before they reveal their definate genders I think. #4 Mutant has begun to grow out a lot better now and with a little lower stripping out , looks nearly normal !.
The Mango X Mimosa lemon is doing very well too but still a week or so behind with the random Exotic X who is on about 14 days now. hopefully all females there too.
The cream cookie is bursting with growth now and found its feet for sure. lots of great mains to exploit and develop there too.
So there we have it for day 22 and a more sense making update I hope. ?
Temps and Rh are bang on the money right now whichever sods law as I will be having to go back down again as flowering starts !!!. Thanks for the company and joining the fun , let's grow some grwat big fat buds this run, all advice welcome.

Be well folks.

Thanks for the tag, I'm in for the show.
Epic start.
:popcorn:
welcome aboard brother. holograms can slide in anywhere mate. lol
got a good start for a change with no drama heehee. be well mate

I'll be watching! I only have about 50 auto seeds...
only 50 ??. hahaha more than enough for some serious fun brother. welcome aboard.

Count me in
just clearing a space for your feet to rest mate , settle in and enjoy the fun. comments and humour more than welcome. naming me in last will and testaments won't offend me either !. Be well mate

forgot a few invites , slowly engaging brain again sorry @Trala and @Bartydiggerman come say hi anytime guys.

Day 23 : A quick update to show their burst today. The Banana mash have bushed up again after 24 hours of being opened up. I took the pics to show how quickly they move . I am sure that stretch is just starting too with all the plants showing really good 24 hr growth spurts except the non sexed ladies. Lets see how much more they stretch past the restated points. Be well folks.
20210620_120755.jpg
20210620_124640.jpg
20210620_124415.jpg
20210620_124005.jpg
20210620_121240.jpg
20210620_121023.jpg

20210619_173047.jpg

So I’m basically an afterthought? A pity invite? A third wheel?

I’ll take it :)

I look forward to sitting in on your latest adventure :)
guest of honour T. had to get the party buzzing for your entrance ( ooh matron!). you can't "WOW" an empty room !. lol

Oiiii and happy Father’s Day you supercharged spunk trumpeting serial impregnator! I hope every one of your 37 children spoiled you rotten. Xo
postman came in shifts!!. heehee love your greeting T. you are brilliant and never forget it. My favourite term is spunktrumpet . so useful for so many folks now. lol Rha k you . Did Dad jobs all day like bike fixing for one that led to all three girls lining up for seat and handlebar adjustments!!, a general run around stopping arguments and and keeping the balance on "whos card was best". lol. love em to bits and so funny. youngest is feral and not often clothed either , no idea how the new boy will cope with her .heehee
Glad you arrived safely

Back
Top Bottom