Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

SNIDWARD!!! Guess what. When you clone an auto the clone is on the same biological cycle as the donor plant. I knew this but it's cool to see it happen regardless.

This is 13 days after cloning, and while the clone is growing well, I'm less than hopeful that the yield is going to win any awards.
:)
IMG_0034156.JPG

IMG_0041.PNG

Maybe I'd better get her on flower nutes! LMAO

hi everyone, I am having trouble with some autoflower seeds. The two seeds have been in water for 25 hours and counting and i still can't see a root from either. I tested this method with some bag seed before and had no problem, roots showing within hours. This time no roots over 24hours later! got the seeds from sensi seeds in amsterdam (auto white diesel haze).what do you think i can do, should i wait or transfer to paper towel with no root?
ALSO if these don't germinate i am on a serious clock to finish a grow. Any advice on the fastest autos to order? I am in Ireland and have to finish the grow on the 19th of May latest. That's currently 101 days and counting. Any fast auto strains from a company that delivers fast to Ireland side of the world would be GREATLY appreciated!!! sativa/good yield preference but anything that will complete the cycle in that time is the important thing!!

A couple things mate...

-Some seeds sprout a taproot within 24 hours but they are the exception. Most seeds take 2-3 days to show life. The best method is 24 hours in water, then up to three days in moist paper towels, and keep them in darkness too, and not too cold.

-Grows rarely finish on time. And never early. That's why growing cannabis correctly is tough when you have a limited time frame. Getting everything close to finishing and having to chop just a few weeks early costs you half what you would have gotten and that sucks after all that work and time.

-The "scheduled" time frames advertised by seed companies are often BS for the home grower. These times are usually based on controlled grows under professional conditions, don't reflect the effects of Scrogging, multiple topping, differences in nutrients, etc, plus the data is often embellished a bit because this is MARKETING. I didn't make this up, a fellow I have gotten to know that works for a big seedbank that you definitely have heard of told me this. He says the finish numbers are at best general guidelines for the average time and yield that a capable grower can expect. He also said the posted estimates for Autos are a little more reliable since their timetable to flower is more genetically-based but they can still often need another 2 weeks past the estimate.

-Most commercial seeds are fairly "stable" in the sense that most individuals will look and grow about the same. However, with autos, like all marijuana, there is still a variance in individuals no matter how stable the strain...this is nature we are talking about and she deals the cards in an often-surprising way. So no matter what strain you buy, you can always get a plant that is different in some way from what you expect. I think that's some of the fun of it. :)

Start a journal, take good pictures, get feedback from the many experienced growers here. I think if you stay in touch with this community you can't go wrong. Good luck and welcome!

Peace, Hyena

SNIDWARD!!! Guess what. When you clone an auto the clone is on the same biological cycle as the donor plant. I knew this but it's cool to see it happen regardless.

This is 13 days after cloning, and while the clone is growing well, I'm less than hopeful that the yield is going to win any awards.
IMG_0034156.JPG

IMG_0041.PNG

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing the experiment here. I'm sure she'll make a nug for you. Bloom nutes away! :rofl: How's her roots developing?

Thanks everyone for keep the auto experience going here, I've been busy and have not had a chance to keep up with all the great posts. For example, great answer Hyena :thanks:

KiG Everyone :green_heart:cheers

hi everyone, I am having trouble with some autoflower seeds. The two seeds have been in water for 25 hours and counting and i still can't see a root from either. I tested this method with some bag seed before and had no problem, roots showing within hours. This time no roots over 24hours later! got the seeds from sensi seeds in amsterdam (auto white diesel haze).what do you think i can do, should i wait or transfer to paper towel with no root?
ALSO if these don't germinate i am on a serious clock to finish a grow. Any advice on the fastest autos to order? I am in Ireland and have to finish the grow on the 19th of May latest. That's currently 101 days and counting. Any fast auto strains from a company that delivers fast to Ireland side of the world would be GREATLY appreciated!!! sativa/good yield preference but anything that will complete the cycle in that time is the important thing!!

Put the seeds in a paper towel now and put in a warm dark place where it can have a chance to breath and with in 1-10 days you will see tap root

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ha! I was ready for ya, Snid! I potted in a clear Solo specifically to be able to watch root development on this clone.

420-magazine-mobile283039857.jpg

about 36 hours in water now, took em out and scratched em in a sandpaper tube for about 10 seconds. was thinking of taking them out and putting them in paper towel if nothing has happened after 6 hours. what do you think? also i've heard that auto seeds can sometimes need light to germ due to their ruderalis roots, is there a basis for this?
Thanks so much for all the replies folks!!

Ha! I was ready for ya, Snid! I potted in a clear Solo specifically to be able to watch root development on this clone.

That's a great idea just watch out cause light is root worst enemy!!! You should wrap the cup with something to keep the light off the roots if you are going to keep it in that for a little bit!!!!!
Live-Love-Learn

That's a great idea just watch out cause light is root worst enemy!!! You should wrap the cup with something to keep the light off the roots if you are going to keep it in that for a little bit!!!!!

THANK THE SWEET LORD BABY JEEBUS YOU WERE HERE TO SAVE ME AND DELIVER ME FROM THE SINS OF STUPIDITY!

Fortunately, there was a red Solo cup just sitting there. It's a sign, I tell ya! It's a sign! LMAO

about 36 hours in water now, took em out and scratched em in a sandpaper tube for about 10 seconds. was thinking of taking them out and putting them in paper towel if nothing has happened after 6 hours. what do you think? also i've heard that auto seeds can sometimes need light to germ due to their ruderalis roots, is there a basis for this?

You're being impatient lol. When I germinate I put them in water. About 5 hours later I start tapping every hour until they sink. After 15 hours,sink or no sink, I put the seeds in a wet paper towel. Then I leave it to sit for a few days. Make sure it's in darkness and the towel stays damp. You'll get a root.

All my hairs r 100% golden orange and receding I've check the trichomes everyday id say 80-90% r milky I'm just not seeing the amber and the buds aren't growing but it's still drinking water really nice but 113 day should b good enuf

Go by trichromes

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

That wont hurt the roots cuz of light?

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

Put them in paper towels in a ziploc bag that way no worry of it drying out.

"carpe diem"

Irish.....you asked about seed banks...I'm a first timer at this also. I ordered 5 NYC diesel auto fem, and 5 early miss auto feminized from crop king seeds. I'm in the south east United States. Paid extra $20 for guaranteed delivery. They arrived in 6 days. I received 4 extra. All 14 popped using their soak and paper towel method. They guarantee a 80% germination rate and will reship if necessary. Check them out if needed. By the way, I'm just trying to help and I have nothing to do with crop king seeds...except being a satisfied customer. Now let's see what happens from here.

IMG_0034156.JPG

IMG_0041.PNG

Hey rider what did you use to get it to root ? I'm going to take a cutting/clone from my alien og auto and toothless alien and hermie them for some seeds as I don't want to keep paying out lol

Velk's First Grow Journal - Coco - Auto - LED

Velk's 2nd Grow Journal - Mephisto Metropolis - Coco - LED

Agc Auto Growers Club

Hey rider what did you use to get it to root ? I'm going to take a cutting/clone from my alien og auto and toothless alien and hermie them for some seeds as I don't want to keep paying out lol

I used this Dip 'n Grow product, only because it has both active ingredients that are commonly used and is more concentrated than some at the same price. At 20:1 with water it should last long enough to become a family heirloom.
420-magazine-mobile1027541230.jpg

I used this Dip 'n Grow product, only because it has both active ingredients that are commonly used and is more concentrated than some at the same price. At 20:1 with water it should last long enough to become a family heirloom.
420-magazine-mobile1027541230.jpg

Thanks man I'll grab some for my breeding practices alien og toothless alien ,sour blues and gsc to play with might breed some sour blue cookies
Or my own alien cookies or something funky altho I do want orig seeds so I always have these strains

Velk's First Grow Journal - Coco - Auto - LED

Velk's 2nd Grow Journal - Mephisto Metropolis - Coco - LED

Agc Auto Growers Club

Awesome Rider!! :thanks: just slip that cup into the red one and problem solved. Great idea :thumb: I'm Impressed with her root development, I think she could handle some minor nutrients... Keep us posted and,

KIG :green_heart:cheers

Back
Top Bottom