Basement Dweller's Acapolo Gold 2010

Re: Basement Dwellers Acapolo Gold 2010

Hey BD you sure have been busy! Room looks like it will be awesome.

Good luck with mom and the baby, it's a tough stressful time but gets easier as you go along.

well just quick update room is 95% done and some are in there for a bit of veg time them i will switch on the sun :) they have been getting the neem and azamax to fend off the ffof insects :( cant wait till i am back into the hydro :( thought the soil would save me some time definitely not the case. got all my part to get the flood tray set up and the cuttings in the 4" blocks are almost ready to go for a swim :) just short on time, as usual. got to flush my chiller and new resv with some bleach. my tubing got a tad nasty after the shut down. Any how here is the next round :)

New_room_7.JPG
New_room8.JPG

Hey BD! How are mama and the baby doing?

Is that also AG? I can't wait to try some, hopefully in a few short months.

I'm confused about what you've got going on... you've got those plants in soil and cuttings getting ready for a hydro run? Good luck Bro and the room's looking sweet.

mom and baby BD are doing great little one is just starting solid foods :) mom is doing better. Yes it is AG, they have vegs the last 3 months under the aero garden lights. they are in ffof :( I took 3 cuttings from each and picked the best 4 for 4" blocks. Which will go into the flood tray. They are under the aero lights presently, only gonna veg for another wk or 2 at max then I will flower them all :) try and finish before the heat comes. Don't think i will be able to run this room during the summer heat, well i got portable ac just cant figure out how to rig it up ?? oh we will see. thanks for stopping by BLUE

Sounds like things are going great for you BD.... hope your good karma continues.

Right now I'm not planning on a summer grow, certainly not this year. I like to be able to go places for a few days, and having to run a/c really ups the cost of growing. :peace:

we use window ac units all summer, was hoping to go central and just run some ducting but dont got the 10gs for a decent unit so i will continue to save and hopefully get enough from the next round to go through summer. Also thinking about a couple well placed out door spots. but i am so weary of the whole out door ??

quick update :) My next round getting ready to go for a swim in the flood tray :) I got the holes drilled in the concrete tray and mangled the resv lid :( Dam taper drill bits didn't align up and i had to knife some plastic away, so i could get the tray to sit level. I plan to run the pump to 2 inlets at 1/2" and a 3/4" drain. As i never done a flood any thing, kinda unsure how it all works. Like does drain work faster then the incoming water ? if not what keeps it from over flooding ? they call the tall drain the over flow. I don't have a flood controller. was thinking i could just rig up a pump on a timer, have it cycle twice a day for lets say 15min a cycle. oh well guess i got to see how it works ? I cleaned the pump yesterday. I got all new1/2" blue line for the plumbing and got new air stones and line for them. Since my resv is a LOT bigger 27gal then the 5gal bucket i am use to, i was gonna run two air pumps with 6- 1" stones. I am gonna try and get the air stones and plumbing done tonight. Then i will run bleach and water over night then hopefully i will get them moved over.
New_Image1.JPG
New_Image2.JPG

BD, sounds like u have the right idea... The drain should work faster than the pump depending on the GPH. I would recommend find the pump with about 68-100 GPH. The timer option sounds good. Are u filling your tub with hydroton? If not I would run the time maybe 3-4 times a day for 15-20 mintues. If u are using the hydration 2 times a day for the amount of time should be ok, might still want to flood 3-4 times, as when the water drains it pulls fresh oxygen to the roots. Make sure u clean the tub and res good after using the bleach. Good luck I will be watching

Plants are looking lush BD, good luck with the equipment!

I don't know anything about that but make sure you have the worst case in mind for a real flood. Seems like sooner or later it happens to most guys.

Yea i got the canoe out front for when the real flood waters come. I ll be the guy floating on the raft, next to the canoe,that has a wife, baby,and a pot forest in it :) They make a water sensor that kill the wash machine when the sink about to over flow. might be a good device to have in line ? I am gonna put the tray on top of the resv so i guess a secondary drain to prevent a flood might be good too. if the timer ever went haywire ?? I've had the drip line break free and empty my bucket, on #1 or 2 ?? ALL while i was standing right staring off in space. once my feet got wet i knew sum thing wasn't right :) guess smoking that last hit didn't help :)

OK just spent way to much on spring water but didnt want to have to carry up a gal at a time, so figured i would get spring water and 5g bottles @ 9.99 Each ?? i think i way over paid :( I usually get distilled at .88 each ??? wow those couple hits must have gave me a brain fart :( OK so ? is does any one use a R/o filter ? I was looking at the merlins but 300 ish used is way to much right now. So i ve seen some mid priced ones, with mixed reviews on amazon. Can any one speak for them ?? my tap is shite like 9 ph and 1200 ppm of who knows what prob mostly calcium. We get deposits in a wk with new faucets ??

BD, floods happen... But if u are prepared they won't be too bad. As far as RO filters there are many available... I have one made by Kent, a fish company, makes 35 gallons a day when turned on. I paid $190 for it a couple years ago for my saltwater tanks. $300 seems high, I have noticed that most hydroponic RO filter produce like 100 + gallons a day which is great for people who do flood to waste or drain to waste with soil. Don't know how many gallons u need a day. My recommendation would be browsing some aquarium supply sites and look for one that better suits your needs and price range. I have a couple sites I could recommend but not sure how 420 would like me posting non-sponsor sites on your journal. I would say google aquarium supplies...

OK just spent way to much on spring water but didnt want to have to carry up a gal at a time, so figured i would get spring water and 5g bottles @ 9.99 Each ?? i think i way over paid :( I usually get distilled at .88 each ??? wow those couple hits must have gave me a brain fart :( OK so ? is does any one use a R/o filter ? I was looking at the merlins but 300 ish used is way to much right now. So i ve seen some mid priced ones, with mixed reviews on amazon. Can any one speak for them ?? my tap is shite like 9 ph and 1200 ppm of who knows what prob mostly calcium. We get deposits in a wk with new faucets ??

Try the stealth RO-100, a drum and a float valve. It will take all day to refill, but you won't be buying water. I've got a 15 gallon plastic water bottle I found online. I think the company was baytec containers or something like that. It came with a faucet on the side, and I drilled a hole in one of the caps for the float valve.

freakin' growers.....more creative than auto mechanics in Mali
:yahoo::yahoo::rollit:

Hey BD nice score on the RO, that will help you quite a bit. Don't try to test it's pH or it will screw up your meter.

How's mom and baby doing? Hope all is well... :peace:

Looking good so far!!! I use ebb and flow with hydroton. I am currently flooding 5 times a day, for 15 minutes each cycle, but I am about 6 weeks into flower. For your plants, I would recommend 2-3 waterings per day until you hit flower. My flood line and drain line are both running 1/2". I have not had any significant flooding issues, other than when the roots of one plant grew into the drain line!! But this was a design oversight; next grow I will be running a larger drain line. You have the right idea with the 3/4". Keep up the good work man!!!

:rollit:

well dropped 2 beans with shipping for a 100g a day, probably a tad excessive for me but i am tired of lugging bottles and paying for them as well. thanks for all the suggestions. Seeing my tank is only 3 gal i am gonna have to fit a 10-15 g resv on the system so i dont have to wait when filling my resv.

A plastic trash can from home depot, a pump and a float valve works, so do pickle barrels.

Hey BD nice score on the RO, that will help you quite a bit. Don't try to test it's pH or it will screw up your meter.

How's mom and baby doing? Hope all is well... :peace:

?? how does that happen ? I ve been testing my distilled with no problems ? I hope any how. i got a hanna tri meter i use the probe cleaning solutions and storage solutions. Mine probes are ment to be left in the solution but i herd that will hurt and alter readings so i take out clean and store. we went through 1 ph probe so far, but i wanted a spare and had warranty, so i called them and talked to tech support and went threw some testing and they sent out new probe. I tried a good cleaning over night and a soak in storage solution and it came back to life so i keep that as the spare and got the new one on. on resv changes i double check the final with litmus paper.

Mom and baby bd are doing well :) Baby BD is getting so big, they dont stayt that tiny baby for very long any more :) must be the boob juice :) she up to 16lbs and just started eating cereal, which she loves, so i am sure the lbs will start packing on. Mom just applied for a new position and were hoping she gets a call any day (crossing my fingers)

Back
Top Bottom