Bckush's First Grow - Soil - Mixed Bag - Autos & Who Knows What Else - Dec 2016

Welcome to the grow.... Dirt and Timmy. I hope someone finds some use of it, if not it should at least be a lesson in what not to do,,,lol. :laughtwo:

:tokin: :bong:

Timmyhaha......I have read the same but I started following a sticky in the auto flower section on topping and i'm pretty much sold on it. I decided to top one and not top the other and see. I have seen some done both ways and I think top once early and a little lst equals a nice producing plant all the way down. here is the link

Auto Topping Thread

Garden is doing well pics to come soon. I believe that of the six plants that I have I only have one male. The two autos should be female but the other 4 was unknown. I think 3 of those are females and one is def a male. I have pics to post for opinions on monday or so.

Thats all for now...happy growing

:peacetwo:

Thanks so much for the link, Bckush! I'm really excited to see the results of your experiment. :circle-of-love:

Happy New Year and here's to an awesome grow!

420-magazine-mobile679970443.jpg

For a comparison
This is a male

Day 42

Garden is going well, I moved the fan and filter to the attic to free up all my space and that has worked well. I am now able to run my fan at full speed without my kids hearing the rush of air coming out of the cab and asking what is that wind noise in the garage....I can also say that the Phat filter is really doing its job, the few minutes I had the fan and filter unhooked to move to the attic and my whole garage stunk like crazy. +1 for Phat filters.

Vitals have been running good so far

Temps 64-82
PH 6.5 going in and 6.7-6.8 runoff
RH running between 30 - 65%

I feed the two autos for the first time with some 1/3 strength ff grow big but will switch to big bloom on the autos next week. The other two plants that are photo's have had one 1/3 strength feeding and a full strength feeding so far and seem to be ok with it.

Time for pics

pineapple kush at 21 days......wow how much she has grown in one week
20170103_001326.jpg

and she is female
20170103_001449.jpg

She was topped and transplanted at 14 days....she seems to be enjoying life and looks ready for some lst :thumb:

caramelicious at 21 days

20170103_001543.jpg

She looks really healthy but is a bit smaller than pk....the topping of pk may have had something to do with that.

I did not top this one in an effort to see what the difference would be between topping and not topping....I think topping is the way to go

The other two plants that I have are Photo plants and both females and I am going to run these along side the auto's. I re-potted them last night from there 1 gallon containers to 6 gallon. It was late and I didn't get new pics of those, will get some later when the lights come back on. One is birthdaycake kush and the other is a bagseed pulled from some really good smoke of unknown strain. They have stayed pretty small since they were in 1 gallon containers for so long but I expect them to take off again in the new pots over the next few days.

Thanks for following along and feel free to comment on anything I may be doing wrong...or right.

:thanks: and happy growing.

Day 43

UPDATE: I received the rest of my seeds from the seed company, I must say, I am completely satisfied with them standing by their word and fixing the mistake...and they even sent me 10 gdp auto's instead of six...bonus :winkyface:

Had a chance to work on all the plants and get the cab in a little better order...a few small details left to tighten up.
:bong:

I'll just get right down to it :)

Some people have suggested that the plants should have names....sure why not

pineapple kush (aka patty ) 22 days, topped and now a lot of training on her. She is fast....throwing flowers out everywhere.
20170104_001153.jpg

I figure since this is my first grow and I should make some mistakes, I've decided that I am going to train these plants like crazy and see what happens.

Caramelicious (aka carrie ) 21 days un touched

20170103_234611.jpg

After some defol, just a few leaves and some lst

20170103_235841.jpg

She is a little smaller and about a day and half behind patty but looking good.

birthday cake kush (aka kishy) around 35 days old. transplanted yesterday. I only removed a few fan leaves early in her grow

20170104_000406.jpg

So I gave her a trim, just a few leaves and tied her top over some

20170104_000821_1_.jpg

Unknown Bagseed ( aka Jane doe ) she is the oldest of the bunch at 43 days. Repotted yesterday, She was topped at the 4th node and defol around day 17.

20170103_232502.jpg

Tonight she got worked over and defol bigtime

20170103_234416.jpg

So far so good...I am feeling stoked right now...plants look healthy....at this point I think i'm good for now.

Thanks all for following along :thanks:

:circle-of-love:

Hello all :byebye: :peace:

Well it finally happened...I had to learn a lesson the hard way :straightface:

Apparently while pulling patty out of the cab last night I hit a top on the light and burnt a little of the tips and snagged it on the way out and almost ripped a whole node from the main stem :jawdropper: In a panic I did the only thing I could think of....
20170104_224414.jpg

I used a pipe cleaner as a bandaid and mended it as best as a newbie could, just wrapped it tightly around the joint as best I could. She seems ok so far....still growing new tips and shoots on the torn branch.... like it never happened. :phew:

That brings me to a question....Was there a better way to have fixed this?

If I had torn it completely off could I have treated it like a clone, root it and let it finish?

Thanks all :peacetwo:

I dropped a fan on mine now that stem is the strongest looking one

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Yea, I think she will be fine. I will check on her later when the lights are on plus I still have one last plant to lst and defol, plus I want to show an update of the one I trained and trimmed tuesday....Its amazing how fast a plant changes when you lst and defol a little. :thumb:

They do heal quick but I would give her a fe days before you mess with it at all

Yea I'm done stressing her for now...that I broke her...lol.....well the only real stress was breaking her, she loved being tied down. Exploded side growth and such.

Day 45

:circle-of-love:
Hello all, time for an update with pics :thumb: :smokin:

Well here is the result of my mishap with patty
20170105_221800.jpg

Not to bad....just a tad crispy right there :cheer:

20170105_221617.jpg

The mend seems to have done well as new growth still flourishes. But check it out...right above the mend is the bulge where I topped it, but it grew back so I must have missed a little veg and it grew back...BONUS...three tops.

She still looks great to me :thumb: 25 days from seed

20170105_221933.jpg

Heres carrie 25 days from seed

20170105_221630.jpg

she is looking pretty good and healthy..very compact...she has a nice even lower tier and the second level is starting to come in..... the strain guide said that she responds well to heavy feedings..so I gave her full strength feeding tonight...:morenutes:...I hope I don't kill her :thedoubletake:

Here is jane doe around 43 days old....I want to take a moment to show why i defol leaves alot early on...less than 48 hours ago she looked liked this

20170103_234416.jpg

and now like this :thumb:

20170105_222404.jpg

she looks like she could handle another round of defol and some more spreading and tying already :cheesygrinsmiley:

As for Kishy.....well she was not very happy tonight and did not want her picture taken.....apparently when I repotted it on monday I watered her in the 1 gallon pot before transplanting but I forgot to water her in after transplanting and she was looking a little parched tonight....four days on a quart of water and I would be parched too. She was suppose to get some lst and defol tonight but I'm going to give her a day or two unless she looks great tomorrow.

A shot of the cab, you can kinda see kishy in the back left looking quite droopy.

20170105_230009.jpg

I know I can't veg the photo's forever so I am going to have to choose a day to flip in the near future. I'm trying to grow the auto's on 18/6 for as long as I can before flipping. The photos have been kept pretty short so I am wondering if can veg for them for another 4-5 weeks to let the auto's finish......I don't want to lesson weight on the auto's by switching the last two weeks of their grow when the buds fatten up the most. Any problem with vegging photo's for 10-12 weeks before flipping?

Thats it for now......thanks all for the comments and advice, I really appreciate it :thumb:

Happy growing :peacetwo:

Girls are looking good :bravo: you can keep a photo in veg as long as you like. I have a flux that's around the 6 month mark in veg and still another month or 2 left before I flip her.

Thanks Dirt :blunt:

I didn't think it would matter as long as the light cycle is consistent.

Since I have been on this site I wondered what fluxing was, just hadn't gotten around to research yet. I'm kinda an old school person and the last time I was involved around growing there was no internet, no aol, bbs or anything, all we had was a couple of books to go by( mj questions and answers, closet cultivator and so my knowledge and terminology are pretty ancient by today's standards. What is known as fluxing now we just called "train-ing" as in railroad tracks...lol...A lot has change since then....A lot is still the same. With all the knowledge and help at your fingertips now a days, anyone can grow there own. With so many seeds and strains to choose from...quality genetics are only a click away. It simply amazes me......

:peacetwo: ;) :slide:

Back
Top Bottom