Bckush's First Grow - Soil - Mixed Bag - Autos & Who Knows What Else - Dec 2016

Hey bc! I was reading on the growing weed easy web site about light cycles for autos and the author said you should keep them on an 18/6 or 20/4 cycle throughout their life and not to flip them to a 12/12 in flower because it will decrease their yields. I'm not sure what to think....

What do others think?

I've heard arguments for both cases.....20/4, 18/6, 12/12.....to each there own.....I am going to try both ways.

Im going to run the autos out at 18/6, start a gdp auto, and at 3 weeks flip to 12/12 and flower out the 2 photos I have while running a gdp. Probably not a fair comparison as it is not the same strain as the two running now but it will give me something to go by.

Hello all and welcome :circle-of-love:

After using this site and following a few journals, I've decided to do things a little different going forward. Since I like to do weekly updates with lots of pics I am going to break the update down into several post to make it easier to quote without having to go through the entire post again.

Day 49 update

Things are running really well, all plants look healthy and good.

Temps between 58-82
RH 30-65%....a little higher on rainy days and the day after watering
PH 6.5 in and 6.8 out

Shot of the cab
20170105_230009.jpg

Up first we have Patty

THis is the one that I hit one the light, burnt a little and snapped a branch. As you can see, she seems to have recovered with no problem. I had to add a T brace so that i could still pull the tops down with out stressing the mend job.

20170109_085147_1_.jpg

20170109_085138.jpg

A little bud starting, this is the top that I cooked on the light a little, throwing hairs

20170109_083638.jpg

I think she is beautiful plant with a whole lot of tops...she definately liked being topped and trained, I think I counted like 42 bud sites on this plant :thumb:

Here we have kishy...she finally felt like having her picture taken

20170104_000406.jpg

And then she got her first trim and lst....by the way, don't wait until the middle week six to start training a plant....Branches are a lot less flexible...I waited to long

20170107_004411.jpg

A couple days later....

20170109_085228.jpg

Lookin good to me :love:

And last but not least...Jane Doe

20170109_085408.jpg

This plant has had been topped and lst since the begining she has been defol I dont know how many times...This one will definately have a high leaf to flower ratio...lol

Before her haircut
20170109_091752.jpg

After

20170109_095819.jpg

All looks good to me

:thanks:

Just some random thoughts for my journal :bong: :bong:

I'm a little high so forgive me in advance....lol

50 days into grow and man have I learned quite a lot so far...so much can be learned from the pages of :420:

At this point in the grow It really has become a tale of two grows. My two auto's...Patty and Carrie and my two photo's Kishy and Jane Doe. I have tried to focus on the auto's mostly, using info found on the auto topping thread and through this and other journals. The photo's have pretty much been used as torture subjects to see how far I can push tying, bending, topping and defol. I learned that they do have limits to how far you can push them before bad things happen...lol I also learned that early topping and lst can yield great results...if you keep up with it..

At this point in the grow I was suppose to be adding some led panels and taking the pl-l's and using them for side lighting, however stuff happens and I'm not there yet. That might be a good thing though...now i'm thinking of just adding a 150 watt hps to my light hood instead. The hps would be cheaper and I think it would go well with what I have. It would also give me some extra flower power. Any thoughts?

I know in the beginning I said that I didn't really have any expectations for my first grow as far as yield goes but it's starting to enter my mind now that the auto's are starting to build flowers and are close to half way through. I wonder what I can pull off the two auto's....anyone think I could get 2 ozs dry between both plants?

:thanks:

Hello all :ciao:

A little bored today so I took a little time to work on patty and carrie a little

Patty was pushing 15" tall so I tied her new tops down some and now she is about 10" and lookin happy I think her stretch might just about be over as nodes are getting really tight together as she starts to flower. This should be her last lst session. :thumb:

20170110_121217.jpg

Sorry guys.....he said I might become famous if I put his pick in my grow...lol His name is Bones :laughtwo:

20170110_121227.jpg

My first flower shot of patty

20170110_133456.jpg

Did a little training on carrie also..she is only 10" tall. Her first 3 nodes are all level around the bottom so I started leveling nodes 4,5,and 6

before

20170110_131802.jpg

after

20170110_133110.jpg

Thanks everyone.......:thanks:

2 ounces dry off of one auto is not hard depending on strain let alone 2 but also depends alot on environment and light

Thanks..he likes the plants

Iv'e seen peeps get 4-6 oz a plant and I have seen people get 15 grams a plant.....I guess the scales won't lie in the end.

Back
Top Bottom