Brightlight's Strain Fest: Organics & LED

re: Brightlight's Strain Fest - Organics & LED

Ok caught up, great plants Mr. Brightlight! :high-five::cheer: I used to do exactly what you do, just let the plants grow naturally. I had only LST-ed one single plant before this recent grow and decided to try and test out a good LST on my larger plants, I'm wondering if it will make a better harvest in the end than just letting them grow naturally.. because letting them grow naturally, organically, and outdoors is tough to beat. I'm sure your grow will be my pleasure to watch, thanks so much for the invite!

thanks for silently stalking my swiss outdoor journal, i thought id check out what you are up too :)

thats very nice setup you have there! i have a good traveling friend from the mountains of north cali too. ill be checkin in man on your journal !!

the ultra sour looks fucking fantastic , excuse my french :)

Hi SoilGirl. Your magnetic personality is welcomed! The amazing lst, flux work I see on 420 is really educational & impressive to me. My lazier approach is just easier for me. I believe each plant has it's own energy & potential, & while we can guide & help it along, she's going to pretty much end up as she wishes.

Welcome grannyT. Glad to have you here! How's your Dr. Grinspoon doing? I ran across a pic from past that reminded me of you & your Dr. G. I'll post it soon.

Welcome OnTheMove. Glad to have you here too! Awhile ago I needed to buy some TH seeds to qualify for a couple of Sage n Sour freebies that I wanted. Saw the US (not overly expensive), love anything with SD, & recalled some nice MK Ultra (not seen around here often) that I bought at a dispensary near my job before I retired (still chuckle over being able to walk a couple of blocks from job to a pot dispensary). Listed at 70/30 I/S, I'll tell you what....the I side is in control! I grow Sour OG regularly, and sometimes see purple from the SD side. Nice little surprise to see purple coloring in one of the US's.

Can you do some LST on those beauties brightlight? they would explode.. i miss the sun !!

and also heres a good tip, when you transplant into the earth in a really hot country, you can dig out a hole big enuff for a bale of straw to fit in and then have 50cm atleast space for top soil,plant ya baby in topsoil on the straw bale, and the idea is that the starw retains water :)

Outdoor Update.

A 10 day heat wave finally ended. ~96 to 105º. Plants in ground take it ok, but tougher on plants in soft pots. BAR & I were speculating if prolonged intense heat waves would delay flowering since plants putting so much energy on survival. Might be something to it as flowering showed right up on 5 more soon after weather cooled. What do you all think?

During heat wave I had to start daily H2O instead of usual 2 day cycle. This is what I was seeing on 2nd day morning before going daily. UGH.
IMG_043728.jpg

Back to normal after watering.
IMG_043921.jpg

These were 1st to flower.
Lost Coast OG
IMG_081926.JPG

LA Affie (mother of LA Confidential)
IMG_082231.jpg

My 1st auto. NL x BB
Didn't really know what I was doing. Ok to laugh. :) It was a fairly fast growing seedling, but I erred by unthinkingly transplanting (mistake 1?) into a pre-mixed soil that was designed for vegging (mistake 2). It was 10" tall on 6/5 when transplanted & 15" at harvest 8/5. The ground hole used to be a good one for indicas but has gradually become more shaded due to neighboring redwoods. ~90 day total lifespan (mistake 3?). I waited for some amber but saw trichome degradation & harvested before any real amber showed up. Very nice fragrance while growing & fragrant enough to smell up garage where she hangs now. Will see how she vapes soon enough.
IMG_080930.JPG
IMG_081127.JPG

Can you do some LST on those beauties brightlight? they would explode.. i miss the sun !!

and also heres a good tip, when you transplant into the earth in a really hot country, you can dig out a hole big enuff for a bale of straw to fit in and then have 50cm atleast space for top soil,plant ya baby in topsoil on the straw bale, and the idea is that the starw retains water :)

Thanks for the tip OTM. My larger ground holes might be big enough for a bale of hay, but that would leave me little room for soil. My yard used to be a turkey farm before the homes were built, but the fool contractor plowed away all the good topsoil and put in this hard clay junk. Digging in it below a couple of feet would require an excavator. I dug my holes before bad surgery wrecked my shoulder permanently.

I can go ~ 6-7' tall in the ground holes, ~5' on the pots since the pots are ~1' tall. Outside I supercrop & fim to even up the canopy. Once in awhile I'll top. And now that I'm also indoors, there's less need for large outdoor yields. A few years ago I was still doing 20+ outdoors & trimming in January. In hindsight I think I was crazy. I hate trimming & too old for a large garden anymore. I'll leave it to you young growers. But thanks for the LST suggestion. The lst, flux, mainline stuff I see here is educational and interesting so I may try it inside down the line.

Great looking update! :cheer: Had some high heat over here too. been watering my big UkH1 every day for a few days, though all my other plants only need it once every 2. I probably should have a bigger container for her... but I don't >.< we'll see if it really reduces my harvest.
I've never done an auto either, I understand the appeal of a quick harvest but idk, call me old fashioned but I like normal photo plants. and I (probably stupidly) assume that the ruderalis in the genetics might damper down potency. Will love to hear how your little NLxBB auto smokes :) best wishes!

Started blooming right after the heatwave BrightLight, that's great news.

Request: Pics of the harvested Auto.

nice man, i love the la affie :) my la blues has her grandmothers leaves!

subbed. everything looks great. cant wait for my auto ak and auto purple to finish germinating so I can be back in the swing of things. anyone else have an empty feeling when you got no plants inbetween grows? lol

i have a long time between grows, but i know that feeling of "fuck i wish i had started these weeks ago"!! but for me its different as im not in one place all the time :)

i have a long time between grows, but i know that feeling of "fuck i wish i had started these weeks ago"!! but for me its different as im not in one place all the time :)
Hence your name...

yeh it was fitting i thought :) new alias :) i like it

Welcome listen2marley. Sorry again on the thievery. Rotton b*****d's. I saw the pictures in the POTM thread. Very nice.

subbed. everything looks great. cant wait for my auto ak and auto purple to finish germinating so I can be back in the swing of things. anyone else have an empty feeling when you got no plants inbetween grows? lol

Little happening outdoors so bouncing back to recent indoor grow.

I used organic coco mix. Knowing little about indoor coco use & LED, I used fewer ingredients in fairly low amounts. The plan was to grow ~2' plants in 2 gal. soft pots. From germination to 12/12 switch was 8 wks. A slightly bumpier road than I expected for seedling & veg stage that was related to not knowing optimum distances from light to canopy and proper intensity adjustment on LED. Mfr. suggested 30", which was too far away. Things got way better when I closed veg distances to ~12-15" at 50-60% light intensity. I decided to go to 12/12 when the average heights were ~12" thinking with stretch I'd end up with 24" plants. Stretch less than expected with most finishing at 20-22"

But check out this little plant. This tiny Red Cherry Berry was a real gem. Outdoors this strain grows pretty tall. Yet this little gal was only 9" tall at light switch. She finished barely over a foot at 12.5". Apparently the blue spectrum worked well since all plants had min. 9 nodes at harvest. RCB is from Barney's Farm. Until the higher CBD strains of today were developed, BF listed RCB as a good CBD strain. 50-50 S/I. Alert & smooth effect.

2 weeks before harvest.
6:snooze:14_Red_Cherry_Berry.jpg

Harvest day after quick trim before hanging. 72 days after 12/12 change.
IMG_023836.jpg

Another bud pic. 1 oz. yield.
IMG_077523.JPG

When I harvested the 1st plant, which was Delahaze, I was eager to see the roots. We all love good roots, but maybe organic folks obsess a little more over getting good root development & all our bacterial and fungi. At least I sure do! I was crazy excited with this root system in a 2 gal. pot! Only other growers would understand such excitement over roots.:yahoo:
IMG_020038.jpg

nice one!! ill go take an updated photoshoot of my autos :) flowers are expoldeing now :)

Back
Top Bottom