Budworshipper's CFL Auto Flowering Small Cabinet Journal

Hope you get the picture thing worked out. Bummer it's not working again.

I agree with Mono - your wee ones look just right for their age. :bravo:

For training, I think LST is less scary than HST for a first-timer. It is for me anyway. :laughtwo: It will also help keep your plants low and bushy since you only have 4' to work with.

Great job so far :thumb:

image5715.jpg
image5716.jpg
image5717.jpg

Wow! Coming along nicely! From a beginner to a beginner you look to be doing great.

And I second LST being being less scary, and I feel morally in two minds about doing anything that actually harms the plant on purpose too :s

xx

Thanks cerdito..

I gave the auto#1 a god drink today as soil was getting crusty on top.
Just plain old tap water again, dribbled some into LA Diva also.

The next time i water them i will give auto#1 it first proper feeding. I wil be doing a
Gravel hoover on my small nursery tank. I will add this to boost the nute levels in my soil, but not to over nute hopefully.

On the topic of LST of my plants.. What would be the benefit if the plants max height is 75cm ??..

Does it mean that the lower part of the plant will receive more light and more bud sites ??..

On the plus side Auto #1 has started to release a low essence of goodness..

Besides keeping the plant short, LST can strengthen stems and allow inner growth to be penetrated by light. Most report this to increase yield, but I've seen a few conflicting arguments.

But actually, since you're growing autos I wouldn't do too much training with them. A lot of autos are sensitive to training and since they have a limited life span if you stunt their growth it can really affect your yield. If you're not too worried about head room it's no big deal to just let them grow their own way. :thumb:

Thanks for reply dresney... Good info..

Too make the light hit all bit of plant i am doing a rotation system.. By this i mean as
The plant naturally leans towards the light, i rotate it round so leaves point away, thus allowing the light to get
at the emerging under canopy. I do this twice a day. Im hoping this will also help strenghten the stem up at the same time..

The last watering didnt over soak the soil and she is growing well.

LA Diva is coming on nicely too..

Thanks for input mono..

I will take it onboard..

Would the need for LST be negated if the cabinet had another source
of lighting, say a 125w cfl or LED bulbs. In the correct spectrum for flowering of course..

If i added these i would site them lower down in the cabinet to get the light where its needed..

Big thanks and reps to all contributors..

Thanks for input mono..

I will take it onboard..

Would the need for LST be negated if the cabinet had another source
of lighting, say a 125w cfl or LED bulbs. In the correct spectrum for flowering of course..

If i added these i would site them lower down in the cabinet to get the light where its needed..

Big thanks and reps to all contributors..

Not necessarily. Although Low stress training is generally used to get light to the lower bud sites that would usually only produce small buds.

Hi mono... I have taken samples of both raw tap water and tank water, they are as follows

Tap water ph - 7
Tank water ph - 6.2...

I think that is within acceptable range or am i wrong mono ?..

I took the test with my API freshwater masterkit, used for aquarium testing. It is a liquid test
So much more accurate than test strips.

Is the ph level required to ensure that the plants dont suffer from nute lockout ?

Also as im using a soil mix does the bacteria in the soil help to buffer the levels and enhance the nute uptake ?
i have read this during my research but wasnt too sure if it true ??

Hi mono... I have taken samples of both raw tap water and tank water, they are as follows

Tap water ph - 7
Tank water ph - 6.2...

I think that is within acceptable range or am i wrong mono ?..

I took the test with my API freshwater masterkit, used for aquarium testing. It is a liquid test
So much more accurate than test strips.

Is the ph level required to ensure that the plants dont suffer from nute lockout ?

Also as im using a soil mix does the bacteria in the soil help to buffer the levels and enhance the nute uptake ?
i have read this during my research but wasnt too sure if it true ??

pH in that range shouldn't present problems to the plants. And it's good you have been monitoring it, you will know if there is a problem arising. Have you tested any run off from the soil after watering, that would give you a clear idea of the pH your plants are dealing with.

The pH level is basically the range in which essential plant nutrients are most readily available to the plant, and yes, will hep prevent lock out. You are exactly right, the bacteria and microbes in the soil aid nutrient uptake, and the soil itself acts as a buffer to an extent since the nutrients go from water to soil to plant, rather than directly to the roots.

Thanks for reply mono.. Im glad that what ive read is true, regarding soil buffering capabilities..

I havnt yet tested the run off, as i have kept the watering light. Todays watering was a bit more than i have done before, only a tiny bit of run off.. The next irrigation will be more and i will test it again to find the answer to that.
the test kit only requires a sample of 5ml so it shouldnt be too hard to get..

Thanks again matey. Enjoy the rest of ya weekend fellow toker. Your help is very much welcomed.
Also i had a good burn up last night.. Got a load of ash for veg patch n the girls

Lovely update!

I'm really intrigued by the idea of using amendments and nutrients already in the home. I think if I wasn't already attached to my nutes I'd run some experiments. Of course, I don't have any fish :hmmmm: Wonder what turtle poo would do? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Have a great day, Bud! :passitleft:

Do you have turtles then dresney ??... Im not sure if their poo would suitable, maybe a bit research into it will help... But poo is poo, a waste product.... If you do have them in a filtered tank, the crud in the filter would be great..

Obviously you wouldn't want to strop it too clean if you did.., gotta maintain that colony of bacteria..

I love reusing stuff, i have grown chillies very successfuly ony using chicke poo pellets and tank water, thats why im trying it for the girls.

Yeah, just temporarily. My sister got my niece two baby turtles for Christmas and my house is the hiding spot until then. Can't wait til they're gone - cute, but my cats watching turtle TV all the time stresses the little things out, I think.

You're spot on with the fish poo. There are a few other people here who use fish water. I used to have fish, but hated cleaning out the tank. Maybe it's time to rethink that. :hmmmm:

The water in the turtle tank would have nutrients in it..

I love my fish, i find them relaxing, just sat on my arse with the fish swimming away happily. Even better when a doobie is involved lol..

My way of thinking is nature provides everything we need, mankind provides eveything we dont... Not saying the advancements of feeds is without merit, nor to insult the experienced grower who's wisdom i seek..

Not intending to offend anyone, afterall im the newbie here..

Hope you feel better dresney, my daughter has suffered with M.E for the last 5 years and it wipes here out, in fact we nearly lost her last year, thank mother nature for sweet mary jane, it kept me sane... Well as sane as i get anyway. :riskybusiness::riskybusiness:

Back
Top Bottom