Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

re: Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

Ok. I am probably the "least" of the oilheads here. I have only made a couple small batches to experiment with and until my garden is up and running full swing again, I will not have the meds to make more. That being said, here is my take.

I agree. The people here (Moto, Mo, Cajun, 94xjjohn and all the others) have taken RSO to a new level!! I like the CO but I think RSO should still be part of the title (in parenthesis if you like) so that when the uninitiated do a google search for RSO this will pop too. Just my opinion. :peace:

Fact is suppergroomer you are 'spot' on. I've taught the name correctly coming up to 4 years and they still call it RSO or Hemp Oil? People in the know know but most know it by RSO/Hemp Oil. CCO/RSO covers all bases and as you mentioned people 'google' RSO/HempOil by a landslide. Oilheads know as anyone who knows MJ but even the newer generation coming in uses RSO/Hemp Oil. The important thing is it works, lol. Good post!

:love:Mo:love:, it is so great to read your post! You are so positive (thanks for affirming the fire truck effect.)

:circle-of-love:Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all and to you two too!:circle-of-love:

I have a new patient with Melanoma and Lyme. Does anyone have experience with Lyme, as I'm starting my research?

:thanks::Namaste:

Yes John. A preventive maintenance dose one in the morning, after lunch and nighttime dose. Important to take dose's like clockwork and you know the rest of the drill. Like most serious ailments this is just a guideline and depends on how how late of stage it is. Good tip; start off with this and add on if needing more to improvement/quality of life. Try to always keep files and notes on what strains were used, dosing amounts etc. Great for cross referencing and referral. Good to see you helping others Brother! You need to do this and guess what? The oil doesn't give you a choice, lol. Good man!

It does quickly become an obsession. I haven't even begun growing for oil production yet and I'm already obsessed.

WELCOME TO RSO OILERS UNITED!

This thread is a combined effort of 420 Magazine members Cannafan, RSOiler, and 420 Motoco.
We wanted a place where the "Oilers", those of us who are using the Concentrated Cannabis Oil for ourselves or others, can converge for discussions that are off topic of the specific Q&A form of the Oil threads at 420 Magazine. Those threads need to stay on topic to give new members an easy search of what they are specifically looking for without wading through off topic posts.

Here we will talk about whatever we like in regards to the Oil, it's uses, and our own success stories or the stories of friends and family. We like humor wherever possible. Laughter and happiness are an essential part of the healing of our bodies and minds.

If you are here looking for specific answers to questions on the RSO/CCO, we will direct you to the appropriate thread for your queries.

Here are the threads that deal specifically with answers and how-to's:

How to make Concentrated Cannabis Oil by 420 Motoco

Cannabis Oil Tacking Method by 420 Motoco

Base treatment regimen for Cancer by Cajuncelt

Oilers Unite!

I have to give you major props RSOiler! You have studied the 'treads' and have believed for a long time even though controversy has arisen; when in fact you were not sure if this protocol worked. Thank you Brother for believing and being loyal even in uncertain times. All in the scope of helping others. A fine quality Sir! Looking like an "A" Team in the works by 'igniting the oilheads, lol. Amazing comrade!

Yes John. A preventive maintenance dose one in the morning, after lunch and nighttime dose. Important to take dose's like clockwork and you know the rest of the drill. Like most serious ailments this is just a guideline and depends on how how late of stage it is. Good tip; start off with this and add on if needing more to improvement/quality of life. Try to always keep files and notes on what strains were used, dosing amounts etc. Great for cross referencing and referral. Good to see you helping others Brother! You need to do this and guess what? The oil doesn't give you a choice, lol. Good man!

As my knowledge base continues to grow :adore: Motoco

It does quickly become an obsession. I haven't even begun growing for oil production yet and I'm already obsessed.

Being healthy on CCO is a life long obsession. SweetSue :high-five: RSOiler

I am giving all of the options thought here, but I agree with Motoco and RSOiler that we need to keep at least the CCO and RSO in the title now that I've given that some thought. That is what people search for the most, I'm thinking.....
I really appreciate the input everyone is giving!

John, thanks for the tip on the sealing of the bag. I was trying to make it easy access by just unzipping it when needed, but if long term storage of excess supply is in store, then sealing that with the food sealer would be better.
And as far as the clear syringe...a "Newb"? ROFL.......I don't care what it looks like as long as it works right.
Luv ya.....:circle-of-love:

I have some better syringes on the way.:thumb:

I posted another possible title that could be all inclusive of what we're trying to achieve on the poll thread, along with RSOiler for thoughts. :)

Clueless on all computer stuff.............except multi-quoting :cheesygrinsmiley:

But I do see your point.

I think you're right Canna. Hadn't though of that, and we want them to be able to find us either way.

Okay, we believe we have a winner on our title change. The following lists all of the oil abbreviations, separated for easy search hits and tells people who we are. Simple and to the point. ;-) All in favor say "Yey".... and "CAPS" or "no caps" on the Cannabis Oilers United! part.

Cannabis Oilers United! CCO - RSO - CO

CANNABIS OILERS UNITED! CCO - RSO - CO

There.... now to get to work on a little image playing and fussin'

Cannabis_Cross_match_background.jpg

If it's being stored in capped syringes, don't they offer the air tight seal you'd need?
Air tight in the short term. Not for long term storage.

Yes they do SweetSue!
Oh God, I've posted info. contrary to what my mentor says:thedoubletake::sorry: (he's right in the short term).

I like it separately...:circle-of-love:
I sure like it when you post! Good to see ya!

Clueless on all computer stuff.............except multi-quoting :cheesygrinsmiley:
I don't know either, Oiler. Except multi-quoting.

:Namaste:

I'll go with caps too.

Hey Sista, I just posted my first link without the address showing :high-five:

Jimminie crickets! Miss a few days and BAM page 10 already!

Im here, been here, just chilling in the back since i have 0 knowledge/exp with this fun stuff.. Dont mind me, keep talking the talk!:byebye::popcorn:

Welcome DankWolf907, check out the first page on both journals in my signature and the jump around reading random pages to see just how powerful our CCO is when it comes to healing our mind & body, and lets not forget our souls.

John would you like to say a few words.........after your tack of course :adore::love:

Hi Everyone!

DankWolf, welcome to the thread. :) Be sure to check out those links that RSOiler suggested to get a good feel for what Concentrated Cannabis Oil is all about. Lots of in depth information in there!

I hope everyone else is doing fine and dandy today.

I'm going to be adding an area on my blog that will be specifically designed to hold Studies and Documented research on the power of Cannabis oil. This will take some time to get together, but it will be a constant "in process" area.
If you have anything you would like to see me add there, please don't hesitate to post it or send it in a PM. I would prefer post it, so we can all view it.
This morning I'm reading through the following study on Cannabis use for Alzheimers':
New Study: Cannabis Can Slow, Cure Alzheimer’s Disease

A new study conducted by researchers at the Roskamp Institute in Florida, and published in the journal Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, has found that cannabis can slow the effects of Alzheimer’s Disease, and may in fact be able to halt it entirely.
According to Corbin Bachmeier, Ph.D – who’s the lead researcher of the study – Alzheimer’s Disease is “the result of impaired Aβ [Amyloid-β protein] clearance from the brain”. According to this study, cannabis can solve this problem, making it a potential treatment.
Here’s the study’s abstract:
Emerging evidence suggests beta-amyloid (Aβ) deposition in the Alzheimer’s disease (AD) brain is the result of impaired clearance, due in part to diminished Aβ transport across the blood–brain barrier (BBB). Recently, modulation of the cannabinoid system was shown to reduce Aβ brain levels and improve cognitive behavior in AD animal models. The purpose of the current studies was to investigate the role of the cannabinoid system in the clearance of Aβ across the BBB. Using in vitro and in vivo models of BBB clearance, Aβ transit across the BBB was examined in the presence of cannabinoid receptor agonists and inhibitors. In addition, expression levels of the Aβ transport protein, lipoprotein receptor-related protein1 (LRP1), were determined in the brain and plasma of mice following cannabinoid treatment. Cannabinoid receptor agonism or inhibition of endocannabinoid-degrading enzymes significantly enhanced Aβ clearance across the BBB (2-fold). Moreover, cannabinoid receptor inhibition negated the stimulatory influence of cannabinoid treatment on Aβ BBB clearance. Additionally, LRP1 levels in the brain and plasma were elevated following cannabinoid treatment (1.5-fold), providing rationale for the observed increase in Aβ transit from the brain to the periphery. The current studies demonstrate, for the first time, a role for the cannabinoid system in the transit of Aβ across the BBB. These findings provide insight into the mechanism by which cannabinoid treatment reduces Aβ burden in the AD brain and offer additional evidence on the utility of this pathway as a treatment for AD.
This research validates past studies (including some presented earlier this year, as well as a 2006 study), though is the first to actually explain why cannabis can be beneficial to the disease.

A google search on the following for the study published in Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience :

Role of the cannabinoid system in the transit of beta-amyloid across the blood–brain barrier

You can access the actual study, but I have only found areas that you have to pay for the download.

Back
Top Bottom