Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

re: Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

I think you had a typo FSC, reread that Special Christmas thing to Cajun... did you mean "out to you?".
The mods can fix that for ya if you ask them. :) Or you can edit it within 420 minutes of the post.

Great that you got your original member name back! And Merry Christmas to you as well!

:circle-of-love:

Shoot. I have typo errors all the time. But this one takes the cake. Cajun, do you remember when I smelled you name instead of spelled it? I had one post I edited a few times for typos and then I mispelled typo in the "reason for edit". Geez. I am so sorry Cajun. The message was suppose to read "Cajun, a special Christmas note to you" NOT "special Christmas not to you" Please forgive me and my clumsy fingers.

Canna, Thank you for pointing out the typo. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So, how does one decide what ratios to grow for the particular concern you're intending to use the oil for? Do we have some sort of reference material already posted around here to that effect? For instance, initially I'll be growing for my daughter (extreme anxiety disorder) and myself (minimal skin concerns, compulsive nature, long-term stress). How would I decide which ratios would benefit each of us?

That compulsive nature is inherited from my father. As little time as I spent around him growing up I noticed he had a pronounced tendency to pick nervously at his skin the same way I did. Extreme stress has always been a part of my life. I've lived my entire life below the poverty line and spent the past twenty years fighting to keep Dale alive with purpose and dignity. This is the first time in my 62 years that I've had any measure of financial stability and no life-threatening health challenges to deal with. I can feel my body healing already, but those years had to have taken a toll. I know I'm getting younger with Callanetics, and the stress of grief is beginning to ....... No it isn't. Yeah, I'm more of a basket case than you all realize. :laughtwo:

For me, both Cajun and Tim told me 2 to 1 THC/CBD for my MS. After reading and doind some research on strains, I found the BB which was what I needed in one plant instead mixing different flowers. :peace:

I'm looking into the following strains for my next grow, any thoughts or opinions are always appreciated:

Cannatonic
Sour Tsunami
CB Diesel
R4
CBD God

Anybody have any experience with those high CBD strains? How do they grow, picky plants...yadda yadda. ;-)

:thanks:

Have you considered TGA Subcool Pennywise? It's a Harlequin x Jack the Ripper which sounds like one of the better Harlequin crosses. 4 phenotypes but all major 1:1 CBD indoor/outdoor producers with one of them purple.

sorry, somehow ended up with a double post. I blame the cat :cheesygrinsmiley:

So, how does one decide what ratios to grow for the particular concern you're intending to use the oil for? Do we have some sort of reference material already posted around here to that effect? For instance, initially I'll be growing for my daughter (extreme anxiety disorder) and myself (minimal skin concerns, compulsive nature, long-term stress). How would I decide which ratios would benefit each of us?

That compulsive nature is inherited from my father. As little time as I spent around him growing up I noticed he had a pronounced tendency to pick nervously at his skin the same way I did. Extreme stress has always been a part of my life. I've lived my entire life below the poverty line and spent the past twenty years fighting to keep Dale alive with purpose and dignity. This is the first time in my 62 years that I've had any measure of financial stability and no life-threatening health challenges to deal with. I can feel my body healing already, but those years had to have taken a toll. I know I'm getting younger with Callanetics, and the stress of grief is beginning to ....... No it isn't. Yeah, I'm more of a basket case than you all realize. :laughtwo:

Hello. SweetSue,

No, we don't have anything compiled that we can go to for a reference. Actually, I am trying to start a reference for myself by going back through the threads taking notes Tim's messages. I also starting blogging some of the posts so when this type of question comes up it will be easy to find. I really wish I had started that when the thread was much shorter. But I will get to it all eventually.

I do know that Tim liked a more indica dominate for a person with severe aniexty and depression. It will be trial and error until you find the right balance for your daughter. You don't want to put her on lock down on the couch. For your skin concerns, Is it something that you want to treat topically?? IF so, anything that is high in THC with a couple drops of grapseed oil will do. Cover the area with a waterproof bandaid for 3 or 4 days and then change it until healed. To treat systemically, then you regular protocol of high THC sativa dominate for daytime. I don't recall anyone ever talking about treating OCD with the oil. But I know that Tim has talked about the importance of removing stress from you life. Stress can reek havok on your health. If you have other disorders/health issues that cause stress, the oil may help the stress in an indirect way by curing or helping those other issues. This is just my opinion. Either way, the oil will give your immune system a boost which will help to keep you healthy. The specific strain can vary from one person to the next but we can make a good guess in the right direction. Then if you add other healthy life style changes such as eating lots of vegatables and excercising, that is an even bigger boost of the immunne system.

I hope this helps, and maybe someone else with more info will chime in.

Now I see that you were asking about ratios and not strains. I will let you know if I run across this particular topic.

Canna and everyone, I'm not caught up and will have to do it later. But I did read something about a Motoco grow. I'm on board with that!!

Great post fghtsmallcell! I think I had also mentioned topical to Sue in the past for that. Will be nice to read of a great result from someone here on these forums. :)

Long term extreme stress is something a LOT of us have and do suffer. Which is one of the reasons we are suffering our resulting illnesses, whether cancer or otherwise.
Today is getting to be on my top ten list with weather/stuck car issues, but I refuse to drag you all down with the details. I shall muster up my positivism and be happy that it's not worse than what it is. LOL

I will look into that strain Radogast! It's definitely in the line of what I'm looking for. Thanks a bunch!

Wonderful info share fghtsmallcell. :love: I have my irrepressible optimism going for me as well as a lifelong attraction to a more spiritual frame of mind and an interest in holistic healing methods. Psoriasis never sits in one spot, so I have some scattered patches that I'll be treating topically for the experience, if nothing else, but the scalp I plan to heal systemically. It'd be too difficult to attempt topical treatment of my scalp with this much hair to deal with.

I figure the more cannabinoids I can get into my system, through a combination of edibles that include a goodly portion of plant material and tacking, the better chance my body has to get back to homeostasis. That should include overcoming the compulsive nature of ripping my skin apart when I'm under stress, one of my few current compulsions. It's already down to more than half the level it was before Dale died in June.

Careful, your cat didn't hear you place that blame, right? :laughtwo:

I'll ask Cajun about the ratios. He's gone quiet on us over the holidays.

OFF TOPIC OF CCO:

Sue, have you considered doing a memorial grow in honor of Dale when you return? Maybe that would be the key to help you with this, a place to let it all out and do something to help you in your struggles with it. Well, you know all the benefits it would have for you, I'm sure.

Just a thought.....maybe worth thinking about.

:circle-of-love:

Edit: Also, check your PM. :)

One more strain for you. Hurkle. Here is the info on it:

Bred by TGA Genetics, Hurkle is a hybrid cross between the high-CBD sativa Harlequin and a Querkle indica. Most Hurkle phenotypes will hover around a 1:1 ratio of THC and CBD, but some variation should be expected. Flavors of grape, coffee, and chocolate overwhelm the palate in a flavorful introduction to Hurkle’s calming effects. CBD and THC team up to crush pain, stress, and anxiety, leaving you feeling relaxed in both mind and body.

I have a pack of these that have not started yet (Reg not Fem so I didn't have space to pop 2 or 3 in hopes 1 was female) Maybe in another grow or two. :) :peace:

I'm dedicating my next grow to Dale. I already have a thread in Misc. where I've been dumping my angst all along, to spare you all the worst of the pain. It's so painful I've only had three people step out of the shadows there. It probably scares the hell out of most who stop. Reading back through the early pages scares me. :laughtwo: I always imagine someone thinking "Oh, survival. Wonder what that's about?" Then reading the first page and quietly backing out. :laughtwo:

And it has been very cathartic. By the time I got 14 pages in I could laugh with abandon again. It still has those moments, but now it's morphed into more joy than grief. Shoot, my last grow journal became as much about grief as it was about growing. I haven't grieved quietly at all.

Sunshine the only high CBD I have attempted to grow is the Blue Blood and the CBD strain I had to pull when I got compromised... Can't even remember what the CBD strain was called.... I ain't been able to get another going yet...:thedoubletake:.... With the daytime oil and NL nighttime oil... I have been able to stop the muscle relaxers completely and the spasms are completely gone... I have stopped 1 of the BP meds and have cut the narcotics in half... and that is saying a lot as I have been on them for almost 20 years..... I ain't having any symptoms of MS now and am skeptical if they have even diagnosed that correctly and have agreed to let them confirm it with the spinal.... am having a follow up MRI on the brain on the 6th of January.... the neuropathy pain from the juvenile diabetes is minimal and that is a drastic change... I was getting to the point of having a hard time walking and that is completely stopped.... the head issues are not even worth bringing up any more.... I still don't like going out but I think that is simply cause I don't like socializing in the real world... that is something I don't think will ever change and mostly because I don't want it to...:)..... Anywho.. the oil does work and Tim's method is by far the best IMO....:circle-of-love:

This is amazing Dennise. Congratulations !!! Thank God for Tim.

Denise, That is an amazing story. Thank you for sharing it. It encourages me and I am sure will inspire others around the world. You are doing a great job!! Keep it up and please keep sharing.

John, I love how upbeat you always are. I love that I have made a new friend in you.

SweetSue, I am so very sorry to hear about Dale, I had no idea. You are mostly new to me also. I have seen you around before I took my leave of abscence but we never got to know one another. I hope to change that.

I hope Cajun returns soon. Maybe he is enjoying the holidays. I know it is frustrating for him to do all the posting from his phone. He does have a short post a few pages back. I did not take note of the date. I will eventually go back through this thread and get caught up with all of you. But right now I am having internet issues. I don't know when they will be out to fix it. It has been going in and out. I am typing really fast right now to try and get this all in before it goes out again. So please forgive any typos.

Happy New Year to my 420 family. I love you all and will be back soon. (I hope)
:peace:
FSC

Sunshine the only high CBD I have attempted to grow is the Blue Blood and the CBD strain I had to pull when I got compromised... Can't even remember what the CBD strain was called.... I ain't been able to get another going yet...:thedoubletake:.... With the daytime oil and NL nighttime oil... I have been able to stop the muscle relaxers completely and the spasms are completely gone... I have stopped 1 of the BP meds and have cut the narcotics in half... and that is saying a lot as I have been on them for almost 20 years..... I ain't having any symptoms of MS now and am skeptical if they have even diagnosed that correctly and have agreed to let them confirm it with the spinal.... am having a follow up MRI on the brain on the 6th of January.... the neuropathy pain from the juvenile diabetes is minimal and that is a drastic change... I was getting to the point of having a hard time walking and that is completely stopped.... the head issues are not even worth bringing up any more.... I still don't like going out but I think that is simply cause I don't like socializing in the real world... that is something I don't think will ever change and mostly because I don't want it to...:)..... Anywho.. the oil does work and Tim's method is by far the best IMO....:circle-of-love:

I can't wait for this BB to finish!!! This WILL be my oil!!! I hope I get results 1/2 as good as yours!!! Thanks D. :circle-of-love: :peace:

I found this message from Tim in my inbox from over a year ago about using the oil as a topical

A reminder; when using the oil for topical try to use grapeseed oil to make the oil much more pliable. 1 drop of grapeseed oil to one gram of oil/or mix 1 drop of grapeseed oil until it goes on easy but not to much to wear its runny. Gently rub around the edge of the wound carefully but thoroughly rubbing in well. Then a light coat on the wound a couple of times gently. Then cover with a water proof band-aid (they make big ones) if not big enough gauze wrapped and taped around the edges. Leave on for 3-4 days. What to expect; it will look much worse because it will be pulling out the infection, this is how it works. After that it accelerates in healing. You will notice this being in health care for so long. Many people freak out because it looks worse and think its BS. I'm hear to tell you, nothing heals like the concentrate. Before you mix in your grape seed oil heat it up to 200 in the oven in a measuring cup (small), once the temp is achieved its sterilized as is the oil. Then blend.

I would add to this to be careful with the grapeseed oil when trying to get just a drop. Mine came out of the bottle too fast. I found that a small syringe worked really good for adding just one drop at a time. Also he has posted that when putting it on a scab you want it to be less tacky so as not to pull the scab off.

Guess what came today!!!! :circle-of-love: :peace:

20151229_163533.jpg

Back
Top Bottom