Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Thanks for stopping by,Bob-
She's tiny,but she doesn't know it- she stinks as if she were 5 ft. tall ...

I'm gonna head down to the dollar store to get some reflector material..thanks! I've been using the stock white walls lol. The good stuff is too expensive for me right now and they say foil is bad. I'm a true rookie when it comes to growing but I'd image it would really help budget grows on limited lighting such as mine

I'm gonna head down to the dollar store to get some reflector material..thanks! I've been using the stock white walls lol. The good stuff is too expensive for me right now and they say foil is bad. I'm a true rookie when it comes to growing but I'd image it would really help budget grows on limited lighting such as mine

Flat white walls work really well. They reflect 95% of light.

Small update- I did a little defol today,because I was seriously having trouble closing the door without a bunch of leaves sticking out:

They don't really look that much different after the trimming,but they are getting taller pretty
quickly -another week and I'm gonna need to stick one of those dune buggy flags in the Lo Ryder
so I don't lose her in there...

I got them all on the same watering schedule this week-LoRyder wasn't quite due,but at her age,she's not gonna complain about a little extra water & nutes..speaking of nutes...I feel like I'm cheating -the Mega Crop makes it so easy,seems like they should need alot more "stuff" to eat, but here is a pic of my entire nute regimen :

I know-pathetic,isn't it....but the plants are absolutely loving it,so I am too !

Well,that's it for today - Thanks for looking,see you on Monday...:peace:
I'm using Mega Crop and Bud Explosion. So easy to use and it gives great results.
My girls are a few weeks into flower and the two of them are bursting out of the 2x4 tent.

I would get some large boot trays to keep the mess down and protect your carpeting. It will give them something stable to sit on as well. You can clean them with bleach if you need to, carpet not so much.

A couple of old friends stopped by today to enjoy the shade under the little cannabis tree....
(I know- it's stupid,but I had to do it.....)

I'm gonna head down to the dollar store to get some reflector material..thanks! I've been using the stock white walls lol.
Flat white walls work really well. They reflect 95% of light.
Totally agree with Virgin, save your money and buy paint!! Flat or matte white paint is a better reflector than any foil or mylar, unless you are in a very high humidity area and mould is an issue.
They use foil in tents because it blocks light transmission better, not because its the best reflector. But if you already have a wall, paint it white!! :Rasta:

An couple of old friends stopped by today to enjoy the shade under the little cannabis tree....
(I know- it's stupid,but I had to do it.....)

Still jealous cause its freakin frozen here!! Plants are looking good, are you going to use that wall as a trellis?

are you going to use that wall as a trellis?
I'm hoping I'll have to-she has kind of taken off this last week !
(I say she,but there's a 50/50 chance she may end up a he)

I'm hoping I'll have to-she has kind of taken off this last week !
(I say she,but there's a 50/50 chance she may end up a he)
Well, wait for pre flowers! I used to just assume the tall lanky ones were males, but have been proven wrong more than a few times.

Yes, the best reflector is flat white paint (not gloss or semi-gloss). I cut some 1/4" scrap paneling and painted it to surround my plant(s).

Hi,I'm back for another update-We've had 2 days of 85 degree temps,so,of course,I woke up with a sore throat and a friggin cold this morning.....that's just wierd...

I decided to take the girls out to the garage for some pics today,since there's so much crap in the back room that there's nowhere to sit them for decent pics.
Here's the NLxBB-I flipped them to 12/12 on Friday,I also tied a rope (yarn) around both the youngsters to keep them from getting much wider:

I didn't really plan on flipping them to flower quite so soon,but a few quick calculations in my head
told me that it has to happen now-they're apx a foot tall,plus 10" for the pot=22".Since I've got 34" from floor to light,figuring they're going to double in size or more-that's 32-34" total height.
So,like it or not,I'm going to run out of headroom....Fortunately,there's a contingency plan,and with enough tape and cardboard,I can squeeze another 11" out of the box..

Here's the Bagseed#3-Her and the Northern lights both have been defoliated twice-they are still pretty bushy in the canopy area,but the budsites are all up where I can see them,and if I can see them,so can the light:

The little LoRyder is 10" tall now,up from 8.5" a week ago

Getting frostier,and smellier every day-according to Seedsman,she should be ready in a week,but she's got more like 3 weeks to go,I think.
Heres a top o' the bud pic-she's going to be fun to trim when the time comes- hard to tell from the pics,but she's basically one big bud,with alot of "fingers"

Here's the young ladies back in the box (took the LoRyder out for the pics

Here's a view with the top of the box open,with all 3 in there

And last but not least,here's the little outdoor girl-she's really loving the sunny days-she's 10" tall now-she has actually grown 6" in the last 7 days-she won't flower till mid September-I'll probably be able to carve my initials in her trunk by then...

Oh,and I almost forgot to mention-The youngsters both have already developed little "nubbies"where the flowers are going to start since flipping to 12/12 on Friday-too early to tell sex yet,but it must mean that my efforts to make the box "light tight"have been successful-

Well,that's about all to that's worth mentioning today-see you next Monday...(ish)

Thanks for stopping by:thumb:

You mean the old family truckster?
We've had her for about 35 years-used to pull a boat to the lake
with her every weekend for a lot of those years.
She's sort of retired now-but she's still like a member of the family..lotsa good memories there :peace:

The family truckster. Lol. Isn't that what Clark W Griswold called their car?
Yes it is.... We watched "Vacation" shortly after we'd gotten the Bus,and that name just seemed to work.

I love VW's too-I've driven them since the high school days when you could buy a running one for 100$
Or one that didn't run for 50$-I could make 'em run,so I bought and sold quite a few of them back in the day!
One of my few skills is being able to fix absolutely anything to do with air-cooled VW's :peace:

Back
Top Bottom