Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

re: Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

UVB LIGHT
Ultra-violet B light is a spectrum of light that is invisible to us but is visible to insects and some other organisms. In humans it causes suntan and sunburn and is implicated in the formation of eye cataracts. It is the light emitted by tanning bulbs.
UVB light also affects marijuana potency. The potency of high quality marijuana increases in direct ratio to the amount of UVB light it receives. This is very significant. In California, where the medical dispensaries operate in an unrestricted market; many dispensaries reject fall harvested outdoor material as inferior. They have found it lacks the potency of indoor crops and is a harsh smoke. However, when they were presented with marijuana grown outdoors but forced to ripen August 10, they accepted it as if it were indoor because of its high potency and lack of harshness. I think the harshness results from cool nights.
Indoors, under fluorescent and HPS lamps, gardens receive little UV-B light. Metal halides emit a bit more. However, there are ways of supplying your garden with UV-B light. Tanning lamps work, that is, lamps that tan people, because of the UV-B light they emit. Using tanning lamps will increase the THC content of the crop. Reptiles and lizards require the spectrum to stay healthy. So the spectrum usually comprises about 10 percent of their output. If you want to try tanning lamps they are available on the Internet. Use between 5-10 percent of your total wattage to these lamps. For a 1000-watt garden use 100 watts of special lighting.
Adding UV-B light to your garden will enhance your marijuana naturally, without “special formulas” and chemicals.

i use the 10.0 uvb out put cfl reptile bulb from the pet store!! (wink)

how far away do u have to have the bulb away from ur plants

As these lights generate heat, but not as much as the regular HPS light, I have mine that I recently purchased in T5 form, about 3" from the tops. We'll see how they do at that distance. It's been three days so far, and I've seen some curling, so I raised them 1" from the previous 2".

These lights were made to reside in an aquarium hood on top of a terrarium, so they may end up as far away as the HPS hood, but we shall see how much they can handle over the next weeks.

DAMMIT! I went through Harvest: Part 2 to see how things were progressing. My hydrometers are off. There was white mold in one of the jars, all over the buds. It read only 65%. That one was put in a bag with salt/water paste to check for accuracy. Still only read 57%. As it should have read 75% after 10 hours, I know that that hygrometer was off by 18%, putting the RH in the jar that molded at 83%. Fuck me... It's in the trash. The whole jar grew it overnight. Lost 32g.

New at : Jandre2k3's Maternity Ward Purple OG #18

After 24 hours in the fridge, and 24 hours at 89*F, we have GERMINATION!!

YAY! :party:

Image661.jpg

beautiful i wish i could get trich pics like that
maybe ill get one of those scopes u hook to the pc like OMM has

beautiful i wish i could get trich pics like that
maybe ill get one of those scopes u hook to the pc like OMM has

I have the
Celestron 44302 Handheld Digital Microscope 1.3MP

Search the retail site-ma-zon for it. Pretty cheap, and as you can see, it takes good pics.

DAMMIT! I went through Harvest: Part 2 to see how things were progressing. My hydrometers are off. There was white mold in one of the jars, all over the buds. It read only 65%. That one was put in a bag with salt/water paste to check for accuracy. Still only read 57%. As it should have read 75% after 10 hours, I know that that hygrometer was off by 18%, putting the RH in the jar that molded at 83%. Fuck me... It's in the trash. The whole jar grew it overnight. Lost 32g.

Oh man does that suck alot, how long was it in the jar to begin with?
on the bright side Yay for the new baby.
and it makes sense about moving that uvb light up to 12" as most aquariums are that deep or more:)

ive been reading about these tanning lights and it says they are not to be used on these plants for long periods, it causes problems or so i read, but using it for a couple of hours a day helps the plant produce more trichs, it does this to protect the plant from the sun, so using it to much could cause stress to the plant just like it would for a human, but short periods seems to be ok and does work well, i was asking these questions a few months back in my journal as i have a free standing tanning lamp,

the info i found just said its best not to use it all the time but a few hours a day will improve the potency, but this was relating to tanning lamps which give off higher levels, so aquarium and vivarium lights wont be as strong as tanning lights, but i never read about them so cant really say, but the human tanning lights are ok to use in moderation as far as i can tell, but dont take me 100% on it as im only going off all the info i read back then, its also covered in the grow book i got and it says the exact thing that a few hours a day will help with potency but to much can cause problems

Bummer. I had that happen a time or two to me also. Hell I lost a whole outdoor crop hanging in the barn to mold in Arkansas. I never tried meters. I just keep a tight reign on bruping the containers till the stem snaps easily. And feels stightly 'over dry' for the first tme. Ya know if ya need to you can stick a staw down inside the jar and inhale swiftly to exchange the air inside the jar. I've done that quite afew times. Saves from having to handel the buds if they are packed in. Or you could use air compressor air I'd thinks. Just don't blow inward. Sorry to hear bout that. Keepem Green

oh i hate losing meds to mold!! i lost a whole jar once it was all i had with 2 months to new meds! i feel your pain the purp og looks way cool, sorry i been neglecting you brother J been busy installing a woodstove ans weather proofing my house, some of the newer guys keep me busy answering questions lol i love it, how long and how much were the t5 uvbs?

Meh, I know you're around! Don't worry about not being here every day, lol. There are lots of people that have stopped commenting every day since harvest, lol. Veg is boring, I get it.

T5's were 20 bucks each, and I have 2 for a 2x4x4 box.

stupid question time! so those UVBs are 4'ers?

sorry to hear about the bad bud mate, it reminds me i need to always check my equipment, my ph meter i use every time i mix nutes and i check the tap water and its 7.1ph and after adding nutes it goes down to 6.4 which if i remember right is ideal for hydro and dwc, so i should be using ph up on my soil grows but i have not got none and they seem to be growing ok, ill have to check the run off,

time to check my ph meter and temp and humidity meter,

whats the best way of checking the humidity meter, not ever tested it before,

sorry to hear about the bad bud mate, it reminds me i need to always check my equipment, my ph meter i use every time i mix nutes and i check the tap water and its 7.1ph and after adding nutes it goes down to 6.4 which if i remember right is ideal for hydro and dwc, so i should be using ph up on my soil grows but i have not got none and they seem to be growing ok, ill have to check the run off,

time to check my ph meter and temp and humidity meter,

whats the best way of checking the humidity meter, not ever tested it before,

5.8 is ideal for Hydro/DWC

Best to check Hygrometer with an inverted pop bottle cap 3/4 full of salt. Pour enough water to make it a paste, not a soup. Place cap and hygrometer into a Zip Top Bag, seal and leave for 12-24 hours. If it reads 75%, you're good. If not, either calibrate, or write the variance on the meter so you can have accurate readings.

thanks mate, ive wrote it all down so i can give it a try tomorrow and check its ok, reps if it lets me.

ill have to check what my bpn ph is after its mixed, i was told its ideal for hydro, so ill double check as ive not checked the ph of it for a few feeds so i could be thinking of something else, i know my tap water is ph 7.0,

thanks for the info thought mate

Back
Top Bottom